U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 04:31 PM

25,907 posts, read 35,034,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Self centered? We are trying to get woman to be the best they can be. Has nothing to do with us.
Thanks, Internet stranger, for counseling me on how to make myself more pleasing to you. That's invaluable information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Status: "A delicate snowflake with the vote of a wolverine." (set 6 hours ago)

13,229 posts, read 7,432,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I guess my thoughts apply to numerous threads under this topic - why do people assume anyone adjusts their appearance, whether if be make-up, clothing, tattoos, whatever, to appeal to OTHER people. Don't the majority of people base their appearance on what they see in the mirror??? I don't give a rat's a*# what other people think about my "look". It's what I like that matters. Am I alone here?
And that is especially true about many men. Quite a few of them assume that every stitch of clothing women wear (or don't wear) is donned with nothing but the male ego first and foremost in our minds. Sorry boys, you're not all that

Old 03-28-2015, 05:01 PM

1,987 posts, read 1,907,316 times
If the woman you are/were dating looked the way you wanted her to, she could CLEARLY do much better than dating you.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:08 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,174,423 times
Ok so you won't continue to date this girl because she wears too much makeup?? Talk about shallow..

Old 03-28-2015, 05:09 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,068,018 times
Here again we have men chiming in about women, the best thing to do men is know when to keep your mouth shut. If you want to do something focus on yourself.

Women embrace the Beautiful Goddess that you are and ignore any and all ignorance out there in the world.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:16 PM

20,901 posts, read 22,491,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Self centered? We are trying to get woman to be the best they can be. Has nothing to do with us.
"The best they can be?" Wow. Just by not wearing makeup? Oh thank you so much for your sage advice. I was always taught that I could be the best I could be by getting a good education, working hard, helping other people and caring about the planet. Who knew it was as simple as just not wearing a lot of makeup?

Women everywhere! Here is the answer as to how to become a success in life. And you owe it all to this guy.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:28 PM

4,672 posts, read 8,113,964 times
GREAT article on the meaning of makeup! I agree with everything stated here about the meaning of makeup to the women who wear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alKq-l_J51s

TL;DR for guys: They're not wearing it to please others, it's about themselves.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:42 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,068,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
"The best they can be?" Wow. Just by not wearing makeup? Oh thank you so much for your sage advice. I was always taught that I could be the best I could be by getting a good education, working hard, helping other people and caring about the planet. Who knew it was as simple as just not wearing a lot of makeup?

Women everywhere! Here is the answer as to how to become a success in life. And you owe it all to this guy.
Great Post !

Old 03-28-2015, 06:24 PM

336 posts, read 248,245 times
Count me among the millions of attractive, successful men that prefer a more natural look.

I am not, nor have I ever been, attracted to women that LOOK like they spend hours in the bathroom fussing with their makeup, lashes, and nails, to put on what is essentially a mask. I consciously and unconsciously perceive these women as less honest / trustworthy, because the woman wearing the mask is not the same woman I would see each morning and evening, if we were to live together.

What I find most unattractive about the LOOK is what it implies about the woman's priorities. If a woman is spending hours in the bathroom fussing with her makeup or nails, then those are hours she won't be doing more important things, such as reading, bettering herself (i.e., learning new things), working out to stay healthy, helping to plan trips or activities, or interacting with future kids.

As someone who is successful, I consider time to be my most limited and most valuable asset. I don't want to waste my time on trivial nonsense, nor do I want my significant other to waste her time (or my time) on trivial nonsense. To me, an attractive woman is a woman that has her "head on straight" and knows what is important and what is not, as far as her time goes. To me, a woman who spends a significant amount of her time on makeup is not a woman that has her priorities straight.

I admit, in my younger, more superficial days, I found women with magazine-esque makeup to be alluring for a night or three. But even then, I never saw such women as being long-term relationship material. Simply put, if a woman looks like she might spend more time on makeup than helping her future kids with homework, then she is not long-term relationship material.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:37 PM

750 posts, read 457,576 times
Simple natural look for the win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or