U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2015, 03:56 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,285,705 times

Advertisements

If two equally attractive women go out on the town together and one is wearing makeup..she will be the one that gets all the attention. Makeup looks great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 04:40 PM

2,601 posts, read 2,988,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
If two equally attractive women go out on the town together and one is wearing makeup..she will be the one that gets all the attention. Makeup looks great.
It really does. I look pretty decent without it, but I definitely look better with it. I don't feel pressure to wear it to look a certain way. I just like it. Most women that wear it just like how it looks.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:43 PM

15,747 posts, read 11,782,527 times
I don't use much make up. But every time I put on lipstick, I receive a lot of attention, even if I just drive around in my car. It makes a big difference as long as you don't overdo it.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:53 PM

2,380 posts, read 2,028,270 times
Quote:
Makeup does look good on some women, WHEN DONE RIGHT! Not the clown makeup that just wants attention.
If you're doing it to catch that guy. Remember if you become a couple, he will eventually see you with none and maybe think. Damn I was lied too.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:01 PM

15,072 posts, read 17,055,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
With all the filters and such, pictures online can be a bit deceiving. Besides, I message women all the time I have no initial attraction to. Havent been much concerned with looks for awhile now, or to put it a different way, I do not need an attractive women. A normal average women is more than sufficient. My only requirement is that they not be hideous or wear too much make up.
woman.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:14 PM

311 posts, read 197,186 times
Based on what I have been told, women don't wear make up or designer clothes to attract men. They do it to impress each other.
I prefer natural woman myself, so I will not entertain any female who looks like a clown. I'm not gonna tell her anything.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:23 PM

11,075 posts, read 11,487,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
hahaha oh I remember it was New Years Eve , I was a teenager and was helping my aunt cleaning the house I had on one of these stretchy caps that we used to war on top of hair rollers at night. but I only had it on to hide my hair and keep it out the way while working.. a boy from along the street came to the door to ask me to a party.. I was behind the door and heard his voice and signed to ma aunt to say I wasnt in....she found it highly amusing and asked the boy in... to my disgrace..I was mortified, no makeup.. no hair. hahaha and a hat on like granny in red ridiing hood... I refused his invite although I wanted to go.. as I was just too embarrassed... I bet he ran along the street thiking what a lucky break he d had and I never saw him again hahahaha.
He asked you out and you dumped on him. What did you expect? It wasn't your looks, it was your personality.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:25 PM

750 posts, read 457,272 times
Quote:
Give me the woman that looks natural everyday and twice on Sundays.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:32 AM

4,477 posts, read 1,739,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
One thing I've noticed is that when men that I've dated have preferred no makeup, they still ask if I am sick or tired when I wear none. I have been complimented on "going natural" when I in fact had quite a bit of makeup on. There's a disconnect between what most of these men think they want and what they really want, so why would I bother grooming to their preferences anyway?
That's the thing. I recall a friend saying that her husband had rushed her out or the house once, urging her to "not bother with that stuff". Later, as they were standing outdoors together, he did just that, asking her if she "didn't feel well". I don't think they can discern the reality of "coverage", because I will bet many women do a good job with it, so it appears natural. They may unknowingly refer to "the natural look" believing there is no makeup, when it is due to it being applied lightly or appropriately, so then they think they are viewing someone with "no makeup", compared to something that is clearly over the top.

They should share examples of what they mean, because I've seen a discussion like this before and there were photos shown. Women viewing them could tell there was makeup used, plus being photos, they can be touched up. The other thing is, I sometimes wonder what age female are they referring to who is so pure and flawless - an adolescent?

Old 03-31-2015, 02:37 AM

4,477 posts, read 1,739,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Give me the woman that looks natural everyday and twice on Sundays.
As natural-looking as males are everyday?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or