Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 03:49 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Simple natural look for the win.

What's the prize?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 10:46 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Men say they like natural, but they don't. Not really. Women, just show up for your next date without makeup or your nails done or your hair done, and see the reaction you get. Ha!

There's a reason most famous women are so-called glamorous and sexy, with false lashes, outlandish clothes, dyed hair (Kardashians, that singer on The Voice, Lady Gaga, MaDonna, Cher in her day, Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore who looks natural but most definitely spends a ton on her appearance and wears false lashes, Victoria Secret models, etc.).
Right. Everyone should just go natural and we'll see how that goes. And celebs do go without in public, of course, then they are "incognito". I would like to see men's reactions to female celebrities in their "photos without makeup", which are available online. I recall as we discussed this on another site (that is easier to post images on), when photos were viewed, the men were in denial about "who the women were" or how "those photos were made to appear that way" (like the good ones that ARE retouched and perfected). I recall a guy I worked with once who would go on about some models he liked.. (again, falling in love with imagery), until we pointed out photos of them not all done up. He was pretty freaked out, saying "they lied...they lied" - left the room, then was bummed out all day. Unreal.

Maybe men who are inclined to be realistic are those guys who grew up in a home with a lot of women.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:28 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
But sometimes men does not know what without make up means. Sometimes they think girls with cream, mascara, eye liner and lipstick are "natural"

Old 04-03-2015, 12:34 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Right. Everyone should just go natural and we'll see how that goes. And celebs do go without in public, of course, then they are "incognito". I would like to see men's reactions to female celebrities in their "photos without makeup", which are available online. I recall as we discussed this on another site (that is easier to post images on), when photos were viewed, the men were in denial about "who the women were" or how "those photos were made to appear that way" (like the good ones that ARE retouched and perfected). I recall a guy I worked with once who would go on about some models he liked.. (again, falling in love with imagery), until we pointed out photos of them not all done up. He was pretty freaked out, saying "they lied...they lied" - left the room, then was bummed out all day. Unreal.

Maybe men who are inclined to be realistic are those guys who grew up in a home with a lot of women.
I know, right? Not long ago my husband was looking at pix like that and saw one of Faith Hill with no makeup, and OMG he talked about it for days! He was in total shock and disbelief at what her "natural" look is. I think most men just have NO clue!!

Old 04-03-2015, 01:43 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
To the person who last repped me, I laughed out loud on that one! Thank you for that, it made my day!

Old 04-29-2015, 09:51 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Amy Schumer weighs in on the no makeup thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyeTJVU4wVo

"It's like I ripped up the shag carpeting expecting hardwood floors, but it was just linoleum."

Old 04-29-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Amy Schumer weighs in on the no makeup thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyeTJVU4wVo

"It's like I ripped up the shag carpeting expecting hardwood floors, but it was just linoleum."
Lol.. yeah, I had mentioned somewhere here how it would have been nice if this had not been established to do, to have to embellish on what exists, while men are accepted "as is". Then, there would still be some sort of standard created and comparisons made, just as there are "more" or "less" attractive men. But at least women would not go to more trouble and expense, to enhance themselves. I've wondered when men say they "like the natural look", if they mean "a teen girl"...or if referring to a natural-looking makeup application, unaware that is what it is.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:50 PM

431 posts, read 474,590 times
its not so much the makeup its more the plastic boobs and hairless snatch i object to

Old 04-30-2015, 12:13 AM

6 posts, read 3,713 times
Hi, I knew then even before that most men would prefer women who do not wear make up and dress up only in a very simple way. However, I think there are still a few men who likes the other way around

Old 04-30-2015, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA151 View Post
its not so much the makeup its more the plastic boobs and hairless snatch i object to
Well, then just say no to them ...lol. Maybe if more men would speak up, women who are inclined to disfigure themselves would stop going to such lengths to fit some (unnecessary) mold.

The stupid thing with boobs (and rears) was designed to "please men", but when not being natural, how are they even appealing? Ugh. They apparently cannot sleep on their stomachs and on their backs, their boobs do not do what natural ones will. And I don't know why this hair removal began, when having hair there is purposely a "dry lubricant".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty