U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-30-2015, 04:31 AM
 
8,552 posts, read 11,879,563 times
Reputation: 3105

Advertisements

I've heard that women who like to dress up "all fancy" usually do it for the sake of other women. Maybe they are trying to mess with their heads.

Personally, I don't respect anyone (men or women) who acts like that. So that is why I prefer people who don't dress that way. Or who act that way to people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-30-2015, 09:01 AM
 
609 posts, read 449,060 times
Reputation: 919
I am SOOOOOOO sick of guys saying this.

You DO realize that most of the women you think are hot and natural looking are still probably wearing a decent amount of makeup right? Even the most beautiful of celebrities do not look the same without it.

If women barely put on any makeup or just stopped, then men would be complaining about how all of the hot women are gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 10:32 AM
 
625 posts, read 440,190 times
Reputation: 1727
I don't know what you mean.

I like the natural look.

Make-Up Do’s & Don’ts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 12:00 PM
 
Location: New England
627 posts, read 796,890 times
Reputation: 1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
I am SOOOOOOO sick of guys saying this.

You DO realize that most of the women you think are hot and natural looking are still probably wearing a decent amount of makeup right? Even the most beautiful of celebrities do not look the same without it.

If women barely put on any makeup or just stopped, then men would be complaining about how all of the hot women are gone.
I know what women look like without makeup because my wife doesn't wear any. I certainly find her attractive! Probably I'd instinctively expect those "beautiful celebrities" to be "glamorous" and think they were dull if they didn't measure up--though I'm not too excited by them however they look. Showbiz women are very artificially presented to avoid looking like ordinary people, and it's accepted that it's a look that the public wants to see. I don't claim to understand. This side of the economy would collapse if they had to rely on business from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Between the Alps and the North Sea
309 posts, read 195,608 times
Reputation: 477
I wonder when MEN AND WOMEN will realize that they need to TALK to each other? You know, open your mouth and talk to each other about your likes and dislikes. If you are a man and would like your girlfriend to wear less makeup or more makeup, or dye her hair a different colour, or put on a dress, or whatever, then tell her that! It is very easy, and not insulting at all, and the girl, if she loves you, will be only glad to know how she may make herself more likeable for you instead of blindly guessing at it or doing whatever the fashion magazines suggest. She may not go along with every your wish, but at least she will know what those wishes are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Upland, CA
3,531 posts, read 6,209,280 times
Reputation: 3919
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
I wonder when MEN AND WOMEN will realize that they need to TALK to each other? You know, open your mouth and talk to each other about your likes and dislikes. If you are a man and would like your girlfriend to wear less makeup or more makeup, or dye her hair a different colour, or put on a dress, or whatever, then tell her that! It is very easy, and not insulting at all, and the girl, if she loves you, will be only glad to know how she may make herself more likeable for you instead of blindly guessing at it or doing whatever the fashion magazines suggest. She may not go along with every your wish, but at least she will know what those wishes are.
Talking? What's that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 01:20 PM
 
8,161 posts, read 9,367,694 times
Reputation: 10337
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Talking? What's that?
Pfft, talking is a waste of time. To quote a famous guy: "A little less conversation, a little more action please".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 09:15 PM
 
Location: all over the place (figuratively)
2,637 posts, read 2,117,164 times
Reputation: 1679
I just saw Pamela Anderson on TV. Her face looked much better than usual, in part because she cut back on eyeliner. I don't know if that's a common real-world mistake, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 10:55 PM
 
1,309 posts, read 849,185 times
Reputation: 1736
This is definitely garbage. I prefer women to look well made up rather than hippieish and "natural" with the unshaven body hair and I think most men would agree with me. I had a girlfriend who wore a lot of make up like heavy eyeshadow and I was very turned on by it, I found it sexy that she cared about her appearance and always looked glamourous instead of dowdy and natural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2015, 12:53 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
72,716 posts, read 64,203,456 times
Reputation: 68523
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
This is definitely garbage. I prefer women to look well made up rather than hippieish and "natural" with the unshaven body hair and I think most men would agree with me. I had a girlfriend who wore a lot of make up like heavy eyeshadow and I was very turned on by it, I found it sexy that she cared about her appearance and always looked glamourous instead of dowdy and natural.
No one said anything about body hair. Not wearing makeup has nothing to do with not shaving body hair. Most women who are makeup-free are otherwise well-groomed. It has nothing to do with hippies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top