U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 04:57 AM

4,444 posts, read 1,731,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
I wonder when MEN AND WOMEN will realize that they need to TALK to each other? You know, open your mouth and talk to each other about your likes and dislikes. If you are a man and would like your girlfriend to wear less makeup or more makeup, or dye her hair a different colour, or put on a dress, or whatever, then tell her that! It is very easy, and not insulting at all,

and the girl, if she loves you, will be only glad to know how she may make herself more likeable for you instead of blindly guessing at it or doing whatever the fashion magazines suggest. She may not go along with every your wish, but at least she will know what those wishes are.
I think that the topic is really referring to a "general outlook", an attitude from those not really within involvements or experienced with females, where of course, it would be a bit different. If people already in a relationship are not communicating, especially over something so lightweight, they have bigger problems.

(As I reread this, it sounds as if you are describing a female "submissively complying" with altering herself in order to please, instead of being seen for who she is, which is why he would have been drawn to her in the first place).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 05:39 AM

2,442 posts, read 1,797,337 times
This about sums it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyeTJVU4wVo

Old 05-01-2015, 07:14 AM

733 posts, read 605,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
I wonder when MEN AND WOMEN will realize that they need to TALK to each other? You know, open your mouth and talk to each other about your likes and dislikes. If you are a man and would like your girlfriend to wear less makeup or more makeup, or dye her hair a different colour, or put on a dress, or whatever, then tell her that! It is very easy, and not insulting at all, and the girl, if she loves you, will be only glad to know how she may make herself more likeable for you instead of blindly guessing at it or doing whatever the fashion magazines suggest. She may not go along with every your wish, but at least she will know what those wishes are.
OMG I haven't read further, this stopped me dead in my tracks.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:16 AM

1,231 posts, read 977,170 times
Not all men do. How about speak for yourself.

Some women are ugly as sin without some makeup (even a bit of powder and mascara). Have you even seen the way most women over 25 look without makeup? If they are not naturally blessed with great skin and features, there's not much they can do besides use some makeup to look good.

A little goes a long way.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:39 AM

609 posts, read 448,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Not all men do. How about speak for yourself.

Some women are ugly as sin without some makeup (even a bit of powder and mascara). Have you even seen the way most women over 25 look without makeup? If they are not naturally blessed with great skin and features, there's not much they can do besides use some makeup to look good.

A little goes a long way.
Does it really start as early as 25? I would have assumed not until 30

Old 05-01-2015, 10:55 AM

20,866 posts, read 22,446,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I think that the topic is really referring to a "general outlook", an attitude from those not really within involvements or experienced with females, where of course, it would be a bit different. If people already in a relationship are not communicating, especially over something so lightweight, they have bigger problems.

(As I reread this, it sounds as if you are describing a female "submissively complying" with altering herself in order to please, instead of being seen for who she is, which is why he would have been drawn to her in the first place).
I had a vision of some poor girl frantically searching through a fashion magazine trying to discover what she could do to make changes for either entrapment or superficial attraction.

What a shallow relationship that would be.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:01 AM

1,231 posts, read 977,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
Does it really start as early as 25? I would have assumed not until 30

If you want to get technical, with the rise of obesity in younger and teenage girls in the last 15 years; many of them need quite a bit of help WAY before 25 now....

Old 05-01-2015, 11:31 AM

2,630 posts, read 2,115,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No one said anything about body hair. Not wearing makeup has nothing to do with not shaving body hair. Most women who are makeup-free are otherwise well-groomed. It has nothing to do with hippies.
I strongly suspect some correlation. Even if not, perception is reality, making that one of the few sensible arguments in favor of looking made up (since men rarely can tell in public if a woman has a hairy body).

Old 05-01-2015, 02:59 PM

1,309 posts, read 848,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No one said anything about body hair. Not wearing makeup has nothing to do with not shaving body hair. Most women who are makeup-free are otherwise well-groomed. It has nothing to do with hippies.
OK but there are very very few women in the world so beautiful that makeup doesn't enhance their appearance. Look at Lady Gaga. I find her very sexy but shes definitely not much to look at without her makeup. I'd say almost no woman looks better without eyeliner and eye shadow than with. I don't know any straight men who disagree with me. I think women mostly will say natural looks better because they don't really have the sexual eye of attraction although I've known a few lesbians who like more natural women but that's a different thing altogether.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:29 AM

72,681 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I strongly suspect some correlation. Even if not, perception is reality, making that one of the few sensible arguments in favor of looking made up (since men rarely can tell in public if a woman has a hairy body).
Of course you can tell, if she's wearing a skirt or shorts. You can tell if her legs are shaved. You really don't seem to know much about women. Don't fall prey to weird stereotypes floating around the internet. Get to know real, live women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or