U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 12:32 AM

72,664 posts, read 64,140,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
OK but there are very very few women in the world so beautiful that makeup doesn't enhance their appearance. Look at Lady Gaga. I find her very sexy but shes definitely not much to look at without her makeup. I'd say almost no woman looks better without eyeliner and eye shadow than with. I don't know any straight men who disagree with me. I think women mostly will say natural looks better because they don't really have the sexual eye of attraction although I've known a few lesbians who like more natural women but that's a different thing altogether.
You're on the wrong thread, lol! This is the "men prefer natural-look women" thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 04:56 AM

2 posts, read 1,068 times
Make up is good occasionally.. but too much is so weared i guess.. Light make up is also nice for routines.. But every person has different choices, opinions,likings, it usually differs from man to man.. Same is the case with the girls ! I usually likes to be ready always but i would suggest that if u want to keep her in your life , then you can tell her about this with the help of your common friend, or with the help of third person..Or you can change her by diverting her to some more stylish fields like hairstyle fashion, fashion clothings, etc
But if you are not serious then be bold enough to say rather than tolerating her...

Old 05-02-2015, 12:08 PM

13,475 posts, read 11,027,157 times
When will women realize men prefer a natural look?

When men realize that most women dont give a crap what a man prefers.

Old 05-02-2015, 01:15 PM

13,144 posts, read 7,393,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I had a vision of some poor girl frantically searching through a fashion magazine trying to discover what she could do to make changes for either entrapment or superficial attraction.

What a shallow relationship that would be.
And guys are NEVER shallow or anything Need I remind you of the title of this thread?

Old 05-02-2015, 04:06 PM

20,862 posts, read 22,440,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
And guys are NEVER shallow or anything Need I remind you of the title of this thread?
Um, that's what I way saying. I think you are agreeing with me but I am not sure.

Anyway, I sometimes wonder if maybe men who are unsuccessful at attracting women use reasons like "they wear too much makeup," or "they are too fat" or "too thin" or "too hairy" or "too whatever" to cover up their own inability to establish good relationships with women. It's the women's fault, never theirs.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:29 PM

726 posts, read 488,151 times
When men realize that most women dont give a crap what a man prefers

Yes!!

Old 05-07-2015, 11:33 PM

3,469 posts, read 6,935,218 times
Women do not exist for the sake of male pleasure. Our every decision and move does not revolve around attracting men.

Makeup is fun and creative, and many women like to play with it as a hobby. If a man wants a very plain jane, no makeup kind of woman, then I am not for him. I dont wear heavy makeup nor much color for everyday, but I enjoy it as a creative outlet and take opportunities to have fun with color sometimes. If a man doesnt grasp that, then he wouldn't "get" me (in more ways than one).

Most everyday makeup like foundation, concealer, and powder covers blemishes and evens out skin tone, improving the appearance of most women (unless they have good skin and are needlessly layering on makeup, then most truly will look better with some on, even if you can detect it). A little blush/bronzer to warm up the face, a tiny bit of eyebrow powder to fill in gaps, and light lip color will meet basic expectations of what a decent complexion looks like, based on very high standards of beauty for women. Most men will not detect this unless very poorly applied. Without, most women will be told they look sick or tired and men will complain that most women don't take care of themselves anymore.

Men have such lower standards that they can get away with flushed faces and visible blemishes like acne, wrinkles, scarring and rough texture; and men literally have thicker skin than women (due to hormonal differences) which lessens their tendency for dark circles under the eyes. Menstruation also tends to give even adult women occasional breakouts and skin imperfections. So most women cannot meet beauty standards naturally as men can, because standards for women really dont allow you to be human.

Most women would be considered pretty enough without makeup if the standards were not so impossibly high. However, we are expected to look like doll-faces mannequins. If you want less everyday makeup, then lower your standards for beauty. That will not lessen the use of makeup as a fun, creative outlet, which is a primary motivation for women who do more than the basics, especially when they are going out or to something other than their job or errands.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:25 AM

12,826 posts, read 10,199,673 times
This is right up there with...when will women realize that men prefer commitment-free sex on the first date?

Old 05-08-2015, 11:05 AM

2,624 posts, read 2,113,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Women do not exist for the sake of male pleasure. Our every decision and move does not revolve around attracting men.

Makeup is fun and creative, and many women like to play with it as a hobby. If a man wants a very plain jane, no makeup kind of woman, then I am not for him. I dont wear heavy makeup nor much color for everyday, but I enjoy it as a creative outlet and take opportunities to have fun with color sometimes. If a man doesnt grasp that, then he wouldn't "get" me (in more ways than one).

Most everyday makeup like foundation, concealer, and powder covers blemishes and evens out skin tone, improving the appearance of most women (unless they have good skin and are needlessly layering on makeup, then most truly will look better with some on, even if you can detect it). A little blush/bronzer to warm up the face, a tiny bit of eyebrow powder to fill in gaps, and light lip color will meet basic expectations of what a decent complexion looks like, based on very high standards of beauty for women. Most men will not detect this unless very poorly applied. Without, most women will be told they look sick or tired and men will complain that most women don't take care of themselves anymore.

Men have such lower standards that they can get away with flushed faces and visible blemishes like acne, wrinkles, scarring and rough texture; and men literally have thicker skin than women (due to hormonal differences) which lessens their tendency for dark circles under the eyes. Menstruation also tends to give even adult women occasional breakouts and skin imperfections. So most women cannot meet beauty standards naturally as men can, because standards for women really dont allow you to be human.

Most women would be considered pretty enough without makeup if the standards were not so impossibly high. However, we are expected to look like doll-faces mannequins. If you want less everyday makeup, then lower your standards for beauty. That will not lessen the use of makeup as a fun, creative outlet, which is a primary motivation for women who do more than the basics, especially when they are going out or to something other than their job or errands.
Orangeapple returns with a rant that is classically somewhat off-base and anti-male.

No men complain about women's mild acne. I've never heard a man complain that 'his' woman didn't wear enough makeup. I think women critique and pressure women much more about makeup and mild skin flaws than men do. Meanwhile, through much of human history (with male domination truer than it is now) most women wore little or no makeup, virtually assuring that most men are predisposed to liking the natural look. Yes, many women look better with makeup, but most young women can have pretty skin without makeup and have times where they probably look fine without any. The Amy Schumer video in the news lately is misleading. Men wouldn't say she looks much worse without makeup, and if she just lost weight (the gripe men do have about her and many other women), made lifestyle changes, and used the right skin-care products, she probably would barely need any makeup. (She seems to have a natural advantage - her skin looks like it would be plump regardless of weight.) When men do like the obviously made-up look, it's probably because of an association with 'hot' women and how they look below the neck.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:28 PM

2,624 posts, read 2,113,543 times
Here's largely why men seem to give out mixed messages about makeup, if you agree it probably applies beyond online dating profiles.
Quote:
The researchers found that men perceived a beautified profile picture to be more attractive, yet less trustworthy compared to the non-beautified picture of the
exact same female.
Enhanced dating site photos have mixed results for men and women

I wonder if some forms (product types) of makeup lower trust more than others do, and if the finding means that more character-oriented men are more turned off by makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or