U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 04:01 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,701,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
This is something that I just cant understand. Men prefer a woman to look natural. If we can see your makeup / its obviously visible than you probably have too much on.

There is a girl ive been on a few dates with but she wears too much makeup. She looks much better without all that on. I want to tell her that is why I am not seeing her more or will not entertain her as a possible gf. But I cant not tell her that obviously.
Women follow the lead of the fashion media & industry.

Think hard about who runs that industry and all will become clear, grasshopper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 04:54 PM

2,801 posts, read 1,724,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Make-up usage is a sign of emotional instability.

Those women are lacking in self-esteem, are emotionally weak and typically high-maintenance. They will cause nothing but problems.
Mircea
I am going to make a WILD guess here .. You do not have a female significant other ... Evidence .. You feel females that wear makeup are emotionally damaged and you lack even the basic knowledge of female anatomy.
SOO now it is makeup's fault ...

Old 03-27-2015, 04:55 PM

25,907 posts, read 35,027,121 times
I'm sure you do prefer the natural look ... the clean, shaved, plucked, moisturized, zit-free, poreless, evenly complected, sweet-smelling, pumiced natural look with glossy soft hair and a nice manicure.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:03 PM

750 posts, read 457,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Why "I can't tell her that obviously?" That's your perception. Or is it an excuse?

You don't have to begin with "Hey you wear too makeup." You can tell her that you prefer women in general whose appearance includes little or no make up. Just ease into the subject. She might be flattered if you tell her you think she is pretty without a lot of makeup or that she simply doesn't need it. If you are sincere, it can be taken as a compliment.

If the only reason you wouldn't consider her as a possible gf is because of her makeup, it's more of a reflection on who you are than her wearing makeup and that's pretty darn shallow. It shows you are judging her by appearance more than anything else. She might be a great person but all you are seeing is some cosmetics on her face which can easily be washed off.

If she cares about you at all she would want to know how you feel. Whether or not she deep-sixes the makeup is her choice. By not saying anything you are not giving her the chance to make that choice.

And I will add to the others here who have said that not all men dislike makeup. I have met some who do and some who don't and I have had a very long dating career. But in the end, it's the wearer of the makeup who gets to decide. After all, how much of your appearance would you change for a gf if she asked you to change it?
Even by saying "I prefer...." to anyone with common sense it is gonna mean I am alluding to her and how she wears too much and it is not very flattering. I assume a lot of woman will not take that well. She is gonna think she does not know how to where makeup and that it looks bad.

As I pointed out, being "simple" and "none high maintenance" are very important for me in the opposite sex. Everyone judges people by their appearance one way or another. Now, that in no way implies I think women that wear too much makeup are bad people or anything of the sort. They are just not a good match for me in regards to a serious long term relationship. They can be my friend and be a great person, I am just not attracted to that type of woman for a serious relationship. Like I said, if that makes me shallow so be it. Women ask me all the time in the dating world what is my type of woman, and I always reply I like a woman that is "simple, kind, fun, and friendly etc."

As for my appearance, I already keep a simple, clean cut, well dressed, well groomed look. So I doubt id be willing to change a lot in that regard. Although, id be open to suggestions and it wouldnt hurt my feelings if someone thought differently. And ultimately id prefer to find a woman that likes me for how I am.

Last edited by MEDALLOKUYA; 03-27-2015 at 05:36 PM..

Old 03-27-2015, 05:39 PM

26,898 posts, read 58,020,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Men prefer a woman to look natural.
If we can see your makeup / its obviously visible than you probably have too much on.
The same is true of clothing.
Unless what's there NEEDS to be hidden... don't hide it.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:52 PM

72,904 posts, read 64,373,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
The same is true of clothing.
Unless what's there NEEDS to be hidden... don't hide it.
Great. So we're all going to go around in bikinis all the time now? And that means Speedos for men.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:04 PM

788 posts, read 1,022,963 times
Interestingly, I have more guys hit on me when I have on no makeup and my hair is unbrushed, which is often when I'm running to and from the gym. For whatever reason, more guys hit on me the worse I look! So, at least in my experience, guys like it when I look like crap! No guy has ever complained to me about not wearing enough makeup, since I don't wear much. And I get very, very good looking guys - not to brag, but just saying it's not the unattractive guys who prefer less makeup.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
Interestingly, I have more guys hit on me when I have on no makeup and my hair is unbrushed, which is often when I'm running to and from the gym. For whatever reason, more guys hit on me the worse I look! So, at least in my experience, guys like it when I look like crap! No guy has ever complained to me about not wearing enough makeup, since I don't wear much. And I get very, very good looking guys - not to brag, but just saying it's not the unattractive guys who prefer less makeup.
Less makeup generally means better looking to a guy. Woman just somehow think the opposite.

I tell my 50 some year old mother she looks much better with less makeup all the time but she doesnt think so.

Smh

Old 03-27-2015, 06:12 PM

1,196 posts, read 852,776 times
Just post a poll before making such bold suggestions. The results can surprise you.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post
Just post a poll before making such bold suggestions. The results can surprise you.
no need, I am a man and men talk about this stuff all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or