Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 08:28 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Lets make a poll.

Men in here, which do you prefer.

1) Natural look

or

2) More than noticeable makeup

From all my experience it is similar to the men preferring curves over the slim runway model look.

However, I guess you are free to think otherwise
Is there a reason an option for "a nice balance" was left off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 08:37 AM

750 posts, read 643,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
Any guy who would choose not to date a girl strictly based on the amount of makeup that she wears, is way more shallow than the women he seems to have an issue with. She's better off without you.
I am sorry but I like "simple" women. Not in anyway looking for some high maintenance chick that cakes on makeup.

If that makes me shallow so be it.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Is there a reason an option for "a nice balance" was left off?
do you have a pic or example of "nice balance".

nice balance to me is wearing makeup but very tastefully and blended in to where one can not hardly notice it.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:41 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,983,832 times
I've never been a big fan of women with overdone makeup, especially eyeshadow/mascara. I spent a lot of time outdoors and active and it would've been impractical for any woman I was with to do much more than basic makeup.

But it seems obvious to me that "men" as a group don't seem to particularly be all that discerning. Wasn't Pamela Anderson wildly popular for a couple of decades? Seems other "assets" trump natural look - for a lot of guys, a woman could probably use a paint roller to apply makeup if she had a D cup.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
do you have a pic or example of "nice balance".

nice balance to me is wearing makeup but very tastefully and blended in to where one can not hardly notice it.
"Nice balance" means something different to everyone. My point was that you offer a poll between one extreme or the other. The use of makeup doesn't have to be an issue of "too much"(itself a subjective judgment) or "not at all." There are many points in between.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
"Nice balance" means something different to everyone. My point was that you offer a poll between one extreme or the other. The use of makeup doesn't have to be an issue of "too much"(itself a subjective judgment) or "not at all." There are many points in between.
looking natural is an extreme?

I mean i could understand if I said ZERO makeup vs Cakeface.

come on now.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:49 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I guess my thoughts apply to numerous threads under this topic - why do people assume anyone adjusts their appearance, whether if be make-up, clothing, tattoos, whatever, to appeal to OTHER people. Don't the majority of people base their appearance on what they see in the mirror??? I don't give a rat's a*# what other people think about my "look". It's what I like that matters. Am I alone here?
Gave you reps. I'm with you. I do/wear what I 'effin want, and do it to please MYSELF! And guess what - I get a LOT of compliments! So if someone doesn't like it, they can keep it to themselves, it is THEIR problem!

Old 03-27-2015, 08:49 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
To some, "natural" might mean "zero".

Old 03-27-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
To some, "natural" might mean "zero".
Exactly. "Natural" to me conveys no makeup at all. OP should define his terms better if he wants to avoid confusion.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Exactly. "Natural" to me conveys no makeup at all. OP should define his terms better if he wants to avoid confusion.
Natural is simply the appearance of no - little makeup or en essence not very noticeable. At least that has always been my understanding of it.

I will throw up some pics soon for visuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty