Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2015, 05:54 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times

Advertisements

Me.. I want to know what a woman will look like the next day...

Which is why I married a beautiful natural California girl... kissed by the sun... made by God.. molded by her hard work... and cherished by me

I agree with the all natural statement.. beauty doesn't come inside a bottle.. bondo doesnt fix what God gave as a gift...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 06:34 PM

750 posts, read 643,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Then why were you attracted to her in the first place?????????????????
With all the filters and such, pictures online can be a bit deceiving. Besides, I message women all the time I have no initial attraction to. Havent been much concerned with looks for awhile now, or to put it a different way, I do not need an attractive women. A normal average women is more than sufficient. My only requirement is that they not be hideous or wear too much make up.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:57 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
With all the filters and such, pictures online can be a bit deceiving. Besides, I message women all the time I have no initial attraction to. Havent been much concerned with looks for awhile now, or to put it a different way, I do not need an attractive women. A normal average women is more than sufficient. My only requirement is that they not be hideous or wear too much make up.
Okay.

This is a long thread, and I didn't read most of the pages, so I hope I'm not about to ask a question that was already addressed.

But have you seen her without makeup yet?

Old 03-29-2015, 11:48 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
What brand of shampoo and bodywash/soap do you use?
Suave. It's the cheapest. Any deodorant bar soap will do.

Quote:
Aftershave?
Don't use it.

Quote:
Shaving cream?
A shaving mug and brush I bought in 1972, with a cake of Williams shaving soap.

Quote:
Cologne?
Don't use it. Do use pit stick.

Quote:
Where do you shop for clothes?
Internet, Coastal Farm Supply, Fred Meyer.

Quote:
What kind of watch do you wear?
Casio.

Quote:
What kind of wallet do you carry?
A leather one for cash and credit cards, a nylon/velcro one for all the other junk.

Quote:
What kind of shoes on your feet?
New Balance or Propet walkers.

Quote:
If you wear glasses, what kind of frame? Shape? Color?
Titanium metal frames I bought years ago. I have 2 pair and just get new lenses as I need them.

Quote:
If you wear contacts...why don't you wear glasses?
Have never worn contacts. Glasses are safer.

Quote:
When you go to the barber, do you tell him stuff like, "I don't care! Do whatever you want!" or "Just shave it all off! Woohoo!"
I have worn essentially the same haircut since I was 7 years old, except for my time in the military when I wore a buzz cut.

Quote:
The point is, you (and all other men AND women on this forum who like to portray themselves as being so not interested in such vain and 'trivial' pursuits...but yet, LOL, are still interested enough to be posting on a FASHION & BEAUTY forum) also waste time and energy putting on a mask, so don't kid yourself. You are also vain. You are also superficial.

I'm pretty sure you have more than one mirror in your house. And I'm pretty sure that you make deliberate choices when it comes to your shampoo, soap, other toiletries, wardrobe, and hair, no matter how 'simple' and not 'vain' you think those choices are. You could take care of all of your hygiene needs with 1 bottle of Dr. Bronner's all purpose soap (even brushing your teeth), but I'm pretty sure you don't do that. And neither do any of the other holier-than-thou, self-described, 'all natural' people here. I'm reasonably sure that your toiletries say things like 'moisturizing', 'whitening', 'exfoliating', 'smoothing'.

You don't have any business making judgments about a woman's priorities and character based on her makeup, and you especially don't have any business making predictions about her 'future kids'. Wow. Just wow. Arrogant and presumptuous.
I only ended up here because the thread box said somebody started a thread about natural women. Besides my wife, I know three. One is a co-worker who has never worn makeup. At 42 years old she still looks great. One is a concert pianist who does wear makeup for performances. I commented on her "new look" backstage one night and she told me she felt like a transvestite. Mostly she wears sweats and cowboy boots, and tends to smell a little horsey. She is one of the sexiest women I have ever met in my life. The third is also a co-worker, but she rolled naturals in the great crap shoot of genetics. She could make a movie star look dumpy. She's kind of an object lesson. If you aren't born that way or can''t afford corrective surgery, just relax and be yourself.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:32 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,688,983 times
I'm so glad to hear that men like the "natural" look, now I can stop shaving my legs!

Old 03-30-2015, 01:23 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
I don't care how she wants to present herself. I always look for the good and focus on her best features.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:29 AM

411 posts, read 415,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Me.. I want to know what a woman will look like the next day...

Which is why I married a beautiful natural California girl... kissed by the sun... made by God.. molded by her hard work... and cherished by me

I agree with the all natural statement.. beauty doesn't come inside a bottle.. bondo doesnt fix what God gave as a gift...

This is true.

If you wanna see how "hot" someone is, check them out first thing in the morning. By doing this, the league of 'beautiful people' shrinks by at least half.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:32 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Natural is simply the appearance of no - little makeup or en essence not very noticeable. At least that has always been my understanding of it.

I will throw up some pics soon for visuals.
I have wondered when men say "natural look", if what they mean is one who has applied makeup in such a way that they appear more naturally or referring to a female who is so young, that she really requires nothing.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:39 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Most men who demand women go natural are domineering control freaks. Even many men with a preference for this are controlling. They are intimidated by how attractive women look with makeup and feel more confident and at ease when a woman looks plain.

Ironically many women claim wearing no makeup is empowering. So this is a highly unusual situation where some women feel empowered by doing something that pleases the most dominant, controlling, chauvinistic males out there.
IVe known a few men of friends who insist their wives or girlfriend dont use makeup or get dolled up and yes their control freaks who are deep down scared someone will steal their possession. so if you like it girls go for it..I am older now but still like a little makeup on during the day.. it makes me appear more healthy and awake.. and its never for a man.... Ever..

Old 03-30-2015, 02:55 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I guess my thoughts apply to numerous threads under this topic - why do people assume anyone adjusts their appearance, whether if be make-up, clothing, tattoos, whatever, to appeal to OTHER people. Don't the majority of people base their appearance on what they see in the mirror??? I don't give a rat's a*# what other people think about my "look". It's what I like that matters. Am I alone here?
It seems you have a different outlook, but let's look at this - anything a person does as they see in the mirror, ultimately reaches a comfort level, therefore attaining confidence. Yes, it would be nice if one could just jump out of bed, dress and go somewhere, but most would not, but should feel confident no matter what.

I think there is something to be said for maintaining good grooming alone, but I also think that there has existed an out-of-balance conditioning toward women to create and maintain a certain level of appearance, to be outwardly acceptable amongst others. It is that that adds to a woman's confidence, again, due to conditioning. I don't leave the house until I feel "prepared", being comfortable with my "own style", but nicely groomed.

I have had mostly male neighbors upstairs and have overheard them shower and leave the house, shortly afterward... and will think - "wow"). But men have not had the same pressure...((sigh))...since they are comfortable dressing simply and leaving with wet hair - no special preparation. They have skin as we do, but are accepted "as is", facially. (Hey, I don't mean the real lookers, who you know do a little more). Just saying, it is a bit easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty