Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 05:59 AM

67 posts, read 96,617 times

Advertisements

When I visit a local very high end shopping mall, I see lots of incredibly sexy and beautiful women who really play off their God given looks. They wear beautiful clothes and spend a lot of time on makeup, hair, clothes and acting sexy and beautiful. I can tell their whole self image is being beautiful and sexy.

If you were rich and given the God Given beauty to pull off this look and persona, would you spend the money and time and effort to play off this beauty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 07:10 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,877,553 times
No. I have zero interest in being eye candy or a display piece.

I have better things to do with my time than spend an hour primping before I leave the house.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:32 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adult Education View Post
When I visit a local very high end shopping mall, I see lots of incredibly sexy and beautiful women who really play off their God given looks. They wear beautiful clothes and spend a lot of time on makeup, hair, clothes and acting sexy and beautiful. I can tell their whole self image is being beautiful and sexy.

If you were rich and given the God Given beauty to pull off this look and persona, would you spend the money and time and effort to play off this beauty?
First of all, you cannot tell anything about a person's self image or how long it takes them to get ready based on a fleeting glance as they pass you in the mall. You just in your mind think "Oh she's so sexy and beautiful. It must have taken her a long time to get herself looking that beautiful before she left her house".

Im a dude who has always been considered well above average in the looks/sex appeal department and I can tell you that there is definitely something about having nicer, well made, designer and/or tailored clothes. Looking nice, dressing nice, to me is part of a normal personal hygiene along with brushing teeth, being clean, styling hair, etc. Just like you feel fantastic and really good looking when you leave the salon/hair shop, its the same feeling you get when you are well groomed, clean, smelling good, and dressed nicely.

While everyone has differing opinions on what is considered "fancy clothes" or what exactly is "spending good money" (as you call it in your op), I can definitely say there is a significant difference in not only how I look, but how I feel if I were to compare wearing a couple of shirts off the rack from Target to a couple of fitted "nicer" shirts from Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus. My own "sex appeal" is going to shine through no matter what I wear, but for me, personally, its all about how I "FEEL" and how I believe I look that makes my clothes. Its the same way with my wife. She's a "9" out of "10" by Los Angeles standards and she wears clothes from Goodwill, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Target, etc. wears very little makeup, styles her own hair and gets her shampoo and conditioner from Rite-Aid/Sav-On. If you saw her you would probably put her in the narrow category as you put other attractive women in as being "self image is only beautiful and sexy".

Point is, dont be so quick to categorize people just by how they look. Its just as wrong to say an attractive woman must be self centered and have her self image all about her sexiness as it is wrong to say a fat woman must be lazy and slovenly because she's overweight and wearing momma jeans. I think most people would prefer to dress in "nicer" clothes that flatter their bodies, makes the look and most importantly FEEL attractive. But I dont think it requires breaking the bank to do so.

For me, I like and prefer certain things. On average, my wardrobe consists of items like:

Jeans - $125 - $225 average cost
Shorts - $70.00 - $125 average cost
Casual shirts - $70.00 - $100 average cost
"nicer" non dress shirts - $75.00 - $185.00
Shoes - $75.00 - $150 average
Hair - $35.00 including tip at Sport Clips
Hair gel - $15.00 American Crew at Target
Cologne - $65.00 - $125 various scents

I dont think these are overly pricey and neither are they on the cheap side. This is about what I would spend even if I were a multi millionaire with lots and lots of money to spend.

Last edited by Kings Gambit; 03-27-2015 at 07:43 AM..

Old 03-27-2015, 10:21 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
I'm already beautiful, so if I became rich I'd probably just buy a house and then splurge on all sorts of cool tech gadgets, musical instruments & sound gear.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:36 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
If I had unlimited funds for clothing, I would buy custom made. I'm a bundle of weird sizes, so it is hard to find clothes that fit well. As someone once said, the best thing about being rich is never having to be inconvenienced. To me that means every pair of slacks fit perfectly and every dress is long enough and every blouse has sleeves that are not too short.
All my shoes would be comfortable.
As for the beautiful part of the question, I would never get a face lift, but I would probably tweek the saggy parts.

Last edited by gentlearts; 03-29-2015 at 05:44 PM..

Old 03-29-2015, 05:51 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
If I were sexy and rich I would dress like a bum and drive a 1964 chevy van around town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty