U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 12:40 PM

32,161 posts, read 39,263,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
According to many posters on CD women should....

Wear make up and try to look more attractive. Also they need to not wear makeup and be natural.

Have sex with the males that want to have sex, but only with one. If they do have sex with several guys they are loose women.

Should wear clothes that don't reveal any part of their bodies, especially camel toe and cleavage. Except they should also dress in a more sexy way to please their men.

Women should also be more aggressive in bed, but only if that is the guys fantasy. If a guy rubs your back or buys you dinner it means you should put out.

Argh!!!! These threads make me nuts.

How about women should make up their own mind about how they dress and act, and men can do the same.

:-)
I happen to agree with everything you said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 12:43 PM

65 posts, read 58,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I was just thinking the same thing, so thank you for saving my fingers from having to type it out.

Mature people respect and admire other people for who they are. Grown, intelligent men know that women are people, not objects, and not everything a woman does is to impress the opposite sex, contrary to what they've been led to believe. Reading some of these threads is like going back to the 1950s.
Probably because most of the men who post on CD were born either in the 50's or their parents came from that time...

Old 03-28-2015, 12:52 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,122,646 times
Are there too many threads with men complaining about women? Probably, here and in other forums. But other than heavy-handed muzzling by moderators, the only way to significantly cut down on that is for women to start heeding the complaints. At least things like heavy, straight bangs are easily disposed of. Maybe part of it is that men are lousy at communicating what in particular turns them off. Vague anti-makeup rants aren't the way to prompt change.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:15 PM

2,620 posts, read 2,352,142 times
Quote:

Wear make up and try to look more attractive. Also they need to not wear makeup and be natural.

Have sex with the males that want to have sex, but only with one. If they do have sex with several guys they are loose women.

Should wear clothes that don't reveal any part of their bodies, especially camel toe and cleavage. Except they should also dress in a more sexy way to please their men.

Women should also be more aggressive in bed, but only if that is the guys fantasy. If a guy rubs your back or buys you dinner it means you should put out.

How about women should make up their own mind about how they dress and act, and men can do the same.

You have to remember, these forums are rampant with young male losers who can't get dates and like to tell everyone why. Of course, they think they're explaining why the problems with their love lives are all because of women. But the rest of us see pretty clearly why they're sitting at home whining on C-D on a Friday night.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:25 PM

13,206 posts, read 7,423,414 times
Quote:

Quote:
Sorry about the rant....
Great thread. Great rant too. I agree 100%

Old 03-28-2015, 01:26 PM

2,620 posts, read 2,352,142 times
I once had a boyfriend who was constantly criticizing how I looked, and it always seemed to be something. I finally said one day, "If I looked the way you wanted me to look, I wouldn't be dating YOU."

That's the ultimate problem. Too many men are trying to box out of their weight class and are ending up frustrated and rejected.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:34 PM

5,150 posts, read 3,655,207 times
Quote:

HA HA HA! I LOVE IT! how true is this?

Old 03-28-2015, 02:11 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,122,646 times
Quote:
Too many men are trying to box out of their weight class and are ending up
frustrated and rejected.
Nearly everyone wants to date up somewhat. I'm not convinced that "too many men" reach for the stars and suspect that is more a blame-the-victim thing. A woman who is in reasonably good shape and knows how to dress attractively with some class shouldn't be considered fantasy for most men (unless one thinks most men are ugly). If it is, much of the problem likely is with women for not doing that. Specifically re "Fashion" threads, I've seen very little evidence that the men making complaints about women's style are total disasters with women. ("Losers" are more likely to complain about women's preferences.)

Old 03-28-2015, 02:56 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,541,300 times
Well, I was brought up in a house where we don't order women around like machines, and so are many others. So the rant is pointless.

And the 50's was a wonderful generation. It was the building block of America. I want that kind of economy back. Hard working individuals who made it through the war and were ready to put their hearts to power the US forward. We NEED that spirit today.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 03-28-2015 at 03:06 PM..

Old 03-28-2015, 03:10 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,541,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
You have to remember, these forums are rampant with young male losers who can't get dates and like to tell everyone why. Of course, they think they're explaining why the problems with their love lives are all because of women. But the rest of us see pretty clearly why they're sitting at home whining on C-D on a Friday night.
Now, I know you had a bad breakup. But calling all of us losers isn't gonna solve anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or