Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 02:00 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Decades ago, women had fewer options and were subject to social control over their appearance (and other things, of course). Most of that didn't come directly from men, but rather from schools, moms, finishing schools, etc. Frankly, now that women have so much freedom over their looks, many don't know how to handle it (as in fake-looking cosmetic surgery, trashy styles, and boyish hairstyles), and it can negatively affect men via scarcity of desirable, appropriate women. Men tend to grumble but still listen when women 'should' them about style (the demise of pleats is an example); it's time for women to have the same attitude. Everyone would be happier for it.
Women say they don't like pleats but it is gay men in the fashion industry who have convinced all of us that pleats are bad. They conceal the crotch area with too much material. Some men cannot wear flat front pants without showing *things* off. And camel toe for women, the pants have to be reallllly tight, and it's gross. It truly is gross and the woman doing the exhibitions enough will end up with a medical problem that is not sexy. This is where we are now really, showing genitals through clothing. Class.

If women have so much choice now why not choose more class and less trash. I'm not sure there is that choice, as purchasing clothing is difficult now, to avoid all the very tight, cheaply made see through clothing. This season I see super bright busy shiny leggings in sizes up to 4XL. Someone help us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 02:03 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Best for people to do their own thing and not waste time worrying about what others think.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:26 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
Quote:
Are there too many threads with men complaining about women? Probably, here and in other forums. But other than heavy-handed muzzling by moderators, the only way to significantly cut down on that is for women to start heeding the complaints. At least things like heavy, straight bangs are easily disposed of. Maybe part of it is that men are lousy at communicating what in particular turns them off. Vague anti-makeup rants aren't the way to prompt change.
Why, are the men here some sort of magistrate on how women should look, do they have the authority to talk to, and if need, silence those against the grain? The small percantage of men(compared to all world wide) on here are not the voice of every single man on the planet, need to stop acting like it, and maybe focus on the women who are up to their "standard," and not harp on some women just because shes a straight cut banged size eightteen. How about let women make themselves appear in a way that makes them happy enough to walk out the front door, without the need to take a poll on how many men like how they look, some of you guys look like you hop trains for a living, I'm sure. Instead of tellimg a woman what she should be doing to be yoir suitor, let her do what she does, so the men who actually like it, can have a chance.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:29 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Women say they don't like pleats but it is gay men in the fashion industry who have convinced all of us that pleats are bad. They conceal the crotch area with too much material. Some men cannot wear flat front pants without showing *things* off. And camel toe for women, the pants have to be reallllly tight, and it's gross. It truly is gross and the woman doing the exhibitions enough will end up with a medical problem that is not sexy. This is where we are now really, showing genitals through clothing. Class.

If women have so much choice now why not choose more class and less trash. I'm not sure there is that choice, as purchasing clothing is difficult now, to avoid all the very tight, cheaply made see through clothing. This season I see super bright busy shiny leggings in sizes up to 4XL. Someone help us.
Stupid rep system is cheating you out of a point. I appreciate the reasonable reply, which I really hadn't gotten re women's style in a while.

Do department stores not sell much roomy clothing for women? I'm skeptical. But if women prefer not to shop at most department stores, I understand. (This man is no fan of J.C. Penny's, Sears, etc.) I can see how the boutique stores are selling clothes that are too tight or short for many women. Still, maybe it's denial about their body dimensions or desperation for attention, since many women clearly are trying to squeeze into them anyway. You're welcome to start a thread seeking agreement from other women on the too-small clothing and sharing alternatives. Retailers and brands will make changes if enough women complain or shop elsewhere.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And for all the people who were complaining in the objectification thread that they didn't think that objectifying women exists or that it doesn't matter need look further than some of the demands on this board. Expecting a woman to alter her appearance based on what makes some guy horny is the epitome of treating women as nothing more than decorative objects.
Was going to rep this, but I guess you were either one of the last few I repped, or I haven't repped enough since I last repped you.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Everyone has preferences. There is nothing wrong with that or expressing what you like or don't like. Meanwhile, "All women" aren't going to cater towards any particular preference nor should they. Anyone who wishes for that will be very frustrated
This; I like fat cbicks, but you don't see me saying all women need to hit up the buffet until they're over a size 12, nor do you see me saying all women need to have breast equal, or greater than SaReena Valentina, just because I don't like small breast.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:34 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Quote:
Many women are attracting primarily bad men or no men. Maybe if they actually listened to men's opinions....
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't conform myself to what a man wants. I like myself the way I am. Now, it would be different if the woman felt she was doing wrong and sought an opinion but not all women feel badly about themselves.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:40 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
My second husband loved everything about me until an hour after the wedding ceremony. From then on nothing was ever quite right. I finally gave up after 6 years.
Oh dear, you married my first husband!! I actually hung in there for eight years, which was about seven years too long.

You have my sympathy.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:41 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Oh dear, you married my first husband!! I actually hung in there for eight years, which was about seven years too long.

You have my sympathy.
Sounds familiar. I spent my honeymoon crying in my lingerie while he ignored me. Took me another 6 years of denial until I got out.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:00 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
My second husband loved everything about me until an hour after the wedding ceremony. From then on nothing was ever quite right. I finally gave up after 6 years.
Later on I researched this type person and according to some references this type man considers his wife his property and if his wife does try to follow his suggestions for change, he will then find other ways she needs to work on. He will never be satisfied. I should have left him soon after the ceremony. Eventually, what decided me to end it was it felt like I had to walk on eggshells too much of the time. I think he had PMS at least once a month. As it happens, so did I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty