U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-29-2015, 07:24 AM
 
412 posts, read 405,633 times
Reputation: 710

Advertisements

I wear a 34 or 36DD, but I am not a large person. I find that most of the bras in those sizes have cups really far apart and they actually push breasts apart. I've managed to find a few bras that didn't do that but they always seem to be discontinued and I can't buy more when I need them. Can anyone recommend a bra brand or style that flatters someone with big breasts but a narrow chest?

I did get a professional bra fitting a few years ago and bought some Le Mystere bras, but they were so stiff and uncomfortable that I quit wearing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-29-2015, 07:27 AM
 
35,121 posts, read 37,862,490 times
Reputation: 61846
Go to a specific shop that sells only bras, get measured professionally, find a good bra that fits you well.
If the bra you find at the shop is uncomfortable keep looking, they have numerous styles to choose from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2015, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Squirrel Hill PA
1,865 posts, read 1,744,187 times
Reputation: 3800
Enell bras are the best as far as I am concerned. If they can't get you the right fit out of their regular stock they will create a custom bra just for you. After the initial fitting fee you will pay the same price as the off the rack sizes. They are expensive but really worth it. No under wires either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2015, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Relaxing with animals
479 posts, read 434,326 times
Reputation: 503
Freya makes great large cup bras for women of all sizes. Try them. Easy to get and not very expensive. Each brand is different, so be sure to adjust straps to different positions when trying on.

Felina is great as well, I think a bit expensive. So is Simone Perele.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2015, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,879 posts, read 28,182,235 times
Reputation: 26003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakealope View Post
I wear a 34 or 36DD, but I am not a large person. I find that most of the bras in those sizes have cups really far apart and they actually push breasts apart. I've managed to find a few bras that didn't do that but they always seem to be discontinued and I can't buy more when I need them. Can anyone recommend a bra brand or style that flatters someone with big breasts but a narrow chest?

I did get a professional bra fitting a few years ago and bought some Le Mystere bras, but they were so stiff and uncomfortable that I quit wearing them.
You probably aren't really a 34 or 36dd. Likely something along the lines of a 28g.

Google the thin amd curvy blog, and look at her measuring guide. If your underbust is less than 34 you are wearing a band that is too big and cups that are too small.

Use this process to measure and see what you find. I like Freya, Cleo and Ewa Michalak.

Good advice in this thread, and measuring tips.
Full Bust Bra Options (D+ Cups)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2015, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
13,201 posts, read 7,417,828 times
Reputation: 27313
I'm a 38DD myself, and I can't afford all those $100 bras at the specialty stores. I go to Marshalls and TJ Maxx. They have a lot of 34, 36 DD bras there for rock bottom prices ($8-15). They are seconds from the department stores, and I've only had problems with a couple of them in the 15+ years I've shopped there. Maidenform and Olga bras fit me well, and they have those brands in abundance. And because they have many styles in the larger sizes at a great price, if they don't fit well or feel good, I haven't lost much if I choose wrong. If you want a more upscale store, Dillard's or Neiman Marcus also have nice bras for about $40 or $50, but I don't get them there because the cheapies work fine for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2015, 10:30 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,879 posts, read 28,182,235 times
Reputation: 26003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm a 38DD myself, and I can't afford all those $100 bras at the specialty stores. I go to Marshalls and TJ Maxx. They have a lot of 34, 36 DD bras there for rock bottom prices ($8-15). They are seconds from the department stores, and I've only had problems with a couple of them in the 15+ years I've shopped there. Maidenform and Olga bras fit me well, and they have those brands in abundance. And because they have many styles in the larger sizes at a great price, if they don't fit well or feel good, I haven't lost much if I choose wrong. If you want a more upscale store, Dillard's or Neiman Marcus also have nice bras for about $40 or $50, but I don't get them there because the cheapies work fine for me.
It was life changing when I got properly fitted and ditched the cheaper bras. More comfy, and my clothes look better. And I finally found a sports bra that worked after 15 years of doubleing/tripling.

I have to buy the pricy bras, my size isn't at marshalls. I do scour Nordstrom Rack for rejects from the store.

I spent many years falling out of 38DD/40DD, before settling into my current 34H size. For me, weight changes inpact my nand, and not my relative cup size, so sister sizes can work across weights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2015, 11:32 PM
 
13,831 posts, read 12,630,184 times
Reputation: 6464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakealope View Post
I wear a 34 or 36DD, but I am not a large person. I find that most of the bras in those sizes have cups really far apart and they actually push breasts apart. I've managed to find a few bras that didn't do that but they always seem to be discontinued and I can't buy more when I need them. Can anyone recommend a bra brand or style that flatters someone with big breasts but a narrow chest?

I did get a professional bra fitting a few years ago and bought some Le Mystere bras, but they were so stiff and uncomfortable that I quit wearing them.
Question - which ones they were ( that worked for you) - brand, cut ( if possible)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2015, 11:45 PM
 
1,242 posts, read 1,172,949 times
Reputation: 3611
I like Fantasie and Rosa Faia by Anita bras. Get a professional fitting first though and not at a department store. I found that the standard 34D id been wearing felt like crap after being professionally fitted with a 30F/30G Holy smokes I can do cartwheels without my ladies falling out now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2015, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
13,201 posts, read 7,417,828 times
Reputation: 27313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
I like Fantasie and Rosa Faia by Anita bras. Get a professional fitting first though and not at a department store. I found that the standard 34D id been wearing felt like crap after being professionally fitted with a 30F/30G Holy smokes I can do cartwheels without my ladies falling out now!
I got a professional fitting by a bra fitter. I'd been choosing 38DDs on my own. The lady told me I needed a 38D and gave me a $100 bra to try on. To her credit, it fit great, but it was too expensive so I left without buying it. Thinking I'd been wearing the wrong size like so many other women, I went back to my old store and tried on 38Ds in cheaper brands, but that didn't work. I was overflowing out of the cups. I put the DDs back on and they fit fine again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top