Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:40 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,886,893 times

Advertisements

Any mascara that is not waterproof.

I mean, once waterproof mascara was invented, why even continue making non-waterproof versions? Non-waterproof mascara is about as useful as a belted maxi pad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 10:48 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Mascara does not give the same "oomph' as false eyelashes.

Even fiber lashes are no match for falsies

Some even come with a no band.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

But I don't see this as rendering mascara "useless."

Some of us prefer a more natural look, and don't really want or need "oomph." We just want our light colored lashes to look a little darker. I don't want to deal with all that glue business or looking very made-up.

I still say that non-waterproof mascara is, indeed, useless.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:53 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

False eyelashes just seem like a lot more effort than I'm willing to put in for a day-to-day thing. With mascara, my routine is pretty much "curl, curl, swipe, swipe." Takes less than a minute.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:56 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post

I mean, once waterproof mascara was invented, why even continue making non-waterproof versions? Non-waterproof mascara is about as useful as a belted maxi pad.
Many people who wear contacts prefer not to wear waterproof mascara. No, it doesn't stay on as well it can damage your lenses or be less comfortable to wear with lenses.

Just because you don't want to use it, non-waterproof mascara is far from useless.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:56 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
I can't think of anything in particular. I only use what I find useful. I do think false eyelashes are a bit ridiculous, though, but that's just me.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:58 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post

I wear non-waterproof mascara on my upper lashes and have no problem with it at all. I like washing it off.

I do use waterproof on my lower lashes, though. So, yes, I use two mascaras.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Many people who wear contacts prefer not to wear waterproof mascara. No, it doesn't stay on as well it can damage your lenses or be less comfortable to wear with lenses.

Just because you don't want to use it, non-waterproof mascara is far from useless.
I've worn contacts for years, but non-waterproof mascara crumbles off to easily for me and gets into my lenses. My eyes also tear up easily, so that would hit the non-waterproof mascara and make me look like Tammy Fay Baker. My waterproof stuff stays on all day, and sometimes it's still there a little the next morning (even after washing my face). And it doesn't get on the pillowcase either.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Removing waterproof mascara is hard on my lashes.

I've kind of faded back from wearing mascara at all.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:17 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
Primer. I've never understood what the point of primer is. I put coconut oil on my face and apply loose or pressed powder and I'm good. What does primer do that a moisturizer can't do?

Lip primer. I keep my lipstick from smearing by applying lipstick and blotting twice. Once I do that, my lipstick stays on all day--unless I'm eating something that I have to bite into that is smearable, like an apple or ribs, etc. I don't have chapped lips, but I suppose if someone had chapped lips it might help. Otherwise, I don't really see the need for lip primer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty