Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:38 PM

5 posts, read 18,810 times

Advertisements

I'm only 20 years old and I have fine lines, bags under my eyes, loose skin and a deep wrinkle forming.

However, it seems sleep/water temporarily helps.

if i use a wrinkle cream now and continue using forever will my skin be saved? Can i get rid of those fine lines etc since I am young and I'm still making collagen etc?

What creams/serums can i use are cheap?

I was thinking of this.

Cade Youth Concentrate | Moisturizer | 1.7 oz | L’Occitane USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 07:58 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,099 times
It's good to start an anti-aging skin routine in your twenties. Don't wait to get them to start using products.
I've been using an SPF moisturizer every day since I was 15.
At 25 I started using under eye creams for fine lines and bags (I have insomnia). Another thing to keep in mind is to wear sunglasses because squinting from the sun adds to the lines.

I'm 27 now and people think I'm around 21.

What I use:

- Neutrogena Visibly Even daily moisturizer SPF 30
- L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise eye defense (works really well but not quite as well as Dior's Capture Totale multi-perfection creme but it cost $125).

Other than that it's just good diet and exercise, and drink lots of water.

I don't know about the wrinkle creams but I would suggest using anti-aging products.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:06 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
Find a beauty regime that works, get enough sleep and exercise, and eat a balanced diet. When I was your age, I used Merle Norman and then Clinique. I don't think it matters too much which one you use, just find one that works well for your skin. If you are really concerned, consult a dermatologist, but I would first try a skin care line.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:28 PM

5,009 posts, read 10,684,206 times
I agree with all of the above, as well. Taking care of one's skin involves finding the proper skin care line as well as a healthy lifestyle.
Clinique is a good brand; hypo-allergenic, which is great for sensitive skin (the eye area is particularly sensitive in most women) and they don't test on animals.
I recently switched to Aquaphor at night. It was actually rec'd for the eyes in InStyle. I had always used it on my hands but I decided to try it. I really like it, especially b/c there is still a little remaining in the morning, which provides a nice base for daytime eye cream. However, it is petroleum based, which some people find icky (but which is the BEST moisturizer).

Old 12-27-2009, 02:16 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,317,833 times
I was constantly waking up in the am with bags under my eyes. Have been using Roc which is ok.
The biggest help I've found is to stop sleeping on my stomach with my face squished into the pillow. My under eye bags are pretty much gone!

Old 12-27-2009, 02:20 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Do you smoke/drink? Do you tan? How is your diet? You should not be having wrinkles at this young of an age.Especially deep wrinkles. I would go to the derm and ask if you have evidence of extreme skin damage from cold or sun. And maybe get a check up at the doctors too.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:53 PM

5 posts, read 18,810 times
I'm a guy btw.

Well some good news. I have been getting more sleep over the past few days. The bags/under eyes wrinkles have started to go away although slowly. Hopefully more sleep/water will help. I probably don't get enough of both.

I don't tan. My natural skin color is a light brown.

If there is sun damage am I young enough to reverse it?

Old 12-27-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicfan59 View Post
I'm a guy btw.

Well some good news. I have been getting more sleep over the past few days. The bags/under eyes wrinkles have started to go away although slowly. Hopefully more sleep/water will help. I probably don't get enough of both.

I don't tan. My natural skin color is a light brown.

If there is sun damage am I young enough to reverse it?
I would check with a derm. but I would think so. If you're still young your skin will shed it's dead skin easily, just make sure you exfoliate to prevent any dead cell build ups.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 6,637 times
okay im only 20 years old and I have tiny lines uner my eyes. and im freaking out! you cant tell unless you get real close so they arent that bad, yet! I started to notice them a year ago. What do you recommend for me to use? I want to know if I can prevent them from getting worse. another question if you think about it soo much is it true that can make them worse lol thats what im told

Old 12-27-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortneyy View Post
okay im only 20 years old and I have tiny lines uner my eyes. and im freaking out! you cant tell unless you get real close so they arent that bad, yet! I started to notice them a year ago. What do you recommend for me to use? I want to know if I can prevent them from getting worse. another question if you think about it soo much is it true that can make them worse lol thats what im told
Same suggestions. And no, it doesn't get worse if you think about it. haha Unless you squint and scrunch of your face when you do it, then yeah, you do it enough times and it will make it worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty