Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 03:35 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times

Advertisements

Mod cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I don't have implants and I don't want them. When I was dating, I'm sure many men wrote me off because I don't have big boobs. So what? I wrote off lots of men for reasons that mattered only to me.

I'm just tired of these threads where men make declarations of what they do and do not like about women's bodies and women's fashion choices. I guarantee you that not a single woman who reads these comments cares about what some internet stranger thinks of her or any other woman. Not a single one.

Every time I see one of these threads I think of some dumpy, doughy guy who can't get a date sitting at his computer and railing on about women's makeup (too much or too little), boobs (too big or too small), hair (too short, too long, wrong color), weight (too fat or too skinny), etc. etc. etc. And the fact is, no one cares what he thinks.

The threads have very little to do with fashion or beauty and for the most part are misogynistic rants about how women don't live up to men's expectations of what they should look like. If the OP gets to talk about how fake boobs are a turnoff, I get to talk about how guys who think they're entitled to an opinion about what a woman does with her body are a turnoff.
Amen!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-02-2015 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: Personal attack; name calling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 03:43 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I don't have implants and I don't want them. When I was dating, I'm sure many men wrote me off because I don't have big boobs. So what? I wrote off lots of men for reasons that mattered only to me.

I'm just tired of these threads where men make declarations of what they do and do not like about women's bodies and women's fashion choices. I guarantee you that not a single woman who reads these comments cares about what some internet stranger thinks of her or any other woman. Not a single one.

Every time I see one of these threads I think of some dumpy, doughy guy who can't get a date sitting at his computer and railing on about women's makeup (too much or too little), boobs (too big or too small), hair (too short, too long, wrong color), weight (too fat or too skinny), etc. etc. etc. And the fact is, no one cares what he thinks.

The threads have very little to do with fashion or beauty and for the most part are misogynistic rants about how women don't live up to men's expectations of what they should look like. If the OP gets to talk about how fake boobs are a turnoff, I get to talk about how guys who think they're entitled to an opinion about what a woman does with her body are a turnoff.
Your rant strikes me as misandry.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:44 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I've seen enough to be pretty good at detecting them. Real ones aren't suppose to look perfectly identical. Fake ones have obvious gaps and unnatural hangs.

It's clear that they are harder to detect fully covered because push up bras looks similar.

Whenever I am at a bar with guys we pick out those with fake ones.
And which one of you confirms whether you're right or not? Right...ya don't know if you are or not so don't assume you're an expert.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:49 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
If there's someway they "look nice" i dont have a problem with it. If they're "done wrong" than its not exactly a turn on.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:19 PM

1,523 posts, read 2,863,866 times
Breast implants? Absolutely fantastic!

Old 04-03-2015, 05:30 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
Breast implants? Absolutely fantastic!
Yeah, until you squeeze 'em, and they're all hard. Or until you have to take her to the hospital because they ruptured, and she's in agony, and they've suddenly deflated and are lopsided. Or she gets sick and has immune issues, because toxins have collected in 'em, and she has to either change 'em out for new ones, or give up on 'em and go natural. Women shouldn't have to risk their health to feel attractive.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:48 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Nothing worst than seeing women with cleavage that defy gravity and they always have to wear something that shows it off. "Look at me!!"
I've seen some decent looking implants but they don't compare to a nice set of real ones.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:06 PM

324 posts, read 330,886 times
Lol it would be funny to know how men would feel about augmentation if they just had equal opportunity to correct things. Like if after every child you had lets say your "manhood" just got deformed/deflated or with weight gain /loss, illness..... I'm sure many would sing to a different tune... but you are able to hide it in your pants so I guess lets discuss females and what they chosen to do because when they made the decision for augmentation all they were thinking about is how not to turn you off at the bar. Lol. Do women that you find a turn off even notice you or are you just quietly sit there and stare at their boobs. This is hilarious. .. thanks for the laugh

Old 04-03-2015, 09:52 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
It's a shame you are such a close minded idiot. Thank God your significant other hasn't suffered from breast cancer and had to get a double mastectomy and complete reconstruction because of course you'd no longer want to be with her.
I had a double mastectomy in January and am waiting to get my permanent implants (have temporary ones at the moment) sometime in May, after I finish chemotherapy. I'm grateful that my husband is completely supportive. In fact, he told me that if I chose not to have any reconstruction, that would be fine with him. But how lovely to hear that some people will be judging me for my "fake boobs" or be thinking it would be better if I had "real ones." I wish I had real ones too, but personally I am thrilled that the plastic surgeon will be able to make the new ones look at least somewhat normal.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:59 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Wow you guys are boring. You want women to have no makeup, wear non-revealing clothes and not get breast implants. Your dream world would be my nightmare. You would take away everything I love about life itself.
Better yet keep them in a beekeeper's suit....or give them government issued uniforms.

Breast implants are great....nothing quite as good as getting your face hit with a couple of hard speed bags like Rocky Balboa training for a fight with Apollo Creed.

Instead of uniforms the government should subsidize this procedure for any woman who wants it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty