U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 04:33 PM

17,600 posts, read 21,783,211 times

Advertisements

I need new moisturizer and I want to try something new. A new under eye product that reduces the appearance of fine lines, and brightens the under eye area.

A moisturizer for the face and neck that prevents wrinkles and improves skin texture for a more youthful appearance.

I was watching an infomercial with some stuff that is endorsed by Cindy Crawford. Not sure of the name of it, but since it's on every night about 5X, no worries.

It looked good, but celebrity enforcements tend to turn me off, not on.

My skin is not in it's best condition. I have a wedding in June and I'd like to buy some products that really help.

I am open to ideas from all city data beauty experts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 02:45 PM

5,120 posts, read 12,734,224 times
It may help young skin keep looking young, but it will NOT reverse any damage you already have! You're talking about Meaningful Beauty....tried it..and while it feels very nice, and it does moisturize, it will not "get rid" of wrinkles that are there!

I do like their neck firming lotion...it tends to keep the "crepyness" at bay! And their moisturizing capsules are more like a primer....so foundation won't sink into those fine lines.

I use Trish McEvoy's skin brightening pencil for around my eyes...I have dark shadows under...and it helps...also use it on any dark spots on my face that show thru makeup!

Old 04-05-2015, 02:53 PM

3,877 posts, read 4,579,575 times
If you want a great product but very expensive, Lifeline Skin Cell treatment (about $100 for a small tube).

If you want a good product at a reasonable price, Olay's Regenerist.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:01 PM

17,600 posts, read 21,783,211 times
Thank you both. I have used Olay and I wanted to go on to something more serious and expensive.

Where is Trish Mc Evoy's eye pencil sold, cb?

How about Lifeline Skin Cell treatment.? I'm open to $100 a tube, Weezy?

Old 04-08-2015, 11:53 PM

293 posts, read 384,142 times
Clinique has 2 good products. The moisturizer is called Youth Surge. They also hame a Time Repair product that also helps with sagging.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:14 AM

6,461 posts, read 6,106,582 times
You need to get moisture into your skin, that is clinically proven to do so. Use hyaluronic acid to do that. Even neutrogena makes a pretty good version. It attracts moisture into your skin.

Then you need to increase your collagen and increase cell turnover. The only things clinically shown to do that are retinoids. You can use renova, tretinoin, or one of the weaker retinol formulas over the counter.

Then you can pick an under eye cream you like to puff up your wrinkles temporarily. They all do pretty much the same thing.

Vitamin C is excellent for reducing color variation and possibly help with collagen production.
You can easily find a go no of vitamin c and hyaloronic acid.

Also, eat lots of fish like salmon. :-)
http://www.webmd.com/beauty/wrinkles...rinkles?page=3

Old 04-09-2015, 04:38 PM

3,877 posts, read 4,579,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Thank you both. I have used Olay and I wanted to go on to something more serious and expensive.

Where is Trish Mc Evoy's eye pencil sold, cb?

How about Lifeline Skin Cell treatment.? I'm open to $100 a tube, Weezy?
It's sold online by the maker, some shows up on Amazon, and in some dermatologists' offices.

LifeLine Skin Care

Old 04-10-2015, 01:27 AM

11,437 posts, read 19,459,889 times
My skin is dryer. Right now I wash with CeraVe hydrating cleanser, tone with Neutrongena Non Alcohol toner, follow with ROC Retinol night cream, then I put a squirt of Intelligent Nutrients Anti Aging Serum (Oil) in my palm, then add two or three squirts of CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizer.

Sounds complicated, but the Roc is retinol, the Intelligent Nutrients is anti-oxidants, and CeraVe is Lipids and hyralonic acid. Toner is one of those things that can be taken or left...but I feel when I use it, my skin seems to take in the moisturizers, without it, the moisturizers seem to float on top and I'm greasy.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:44 AM

231 posts, read 112,323 times
I suggest getting a professional facial and microdermabrasion at a spa/salon first. Wash face thoroughly before using your favorite moisturizer. Olay's Regenerist is good.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:57 AM

6,461 posts, read 6,106,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
My skin is dryer. Right now I wash with CeraVe hydrating cleanser, tone with Neutrongena Non Alcohol toner, follow with ROC Retinol night cream, then I put a squirt of Intelligent Nutrients Anti Aging Serum (Oil) in my palm, then add two or three squirts of CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizer.

Sounds complicated, but the Roc is retinol, the Intelligent Nutrients is anti-oxidants, and CeraVe is Lipids and hyralonic acid. Toner is one of those things that can be taken or left...but I feel when I use it, my skin seems to take in the moisturizers, without it, the moisturizers seem to float on top and I'm greasy.
I use cerave too and loves it. I also supplement with a hyluronic acid gel cream sometimes. It really takes care of my dry spots. No toner, ever.

I didn't want to promote certain brands, but these are the ones I use. I'm forty and have no sagging or lines at all except for small forehead wrinkles I've had since I was 25 from expression. I do have cleavage wrinkles, although my hands and neck are great. No one told me to pay attention to my chest.

Obagi tretinoin cream .1% (retinoid) I use it at night.

I use in the morning....
neutrogena Hydo boost (hyaloronichyluronic acid)
Neutrogena sunscreen (UVA and UVB protection)

Occasional use:
Vitamin c serum- various (these do not last long, make sure you get a dark or opaque bottle)
Under eye cream - various

Hands and neck - OTC retinol, occasional use of tretinoin, hyaluronic acid to plump up cleavage wrinkles, and sunscreen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or