U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 05:15 AM

1,094 posts, read 762,803 times

Advertisements

I have 2 that I bought online. I've had them at least 4 years and I researched the reviews of them. The brand name is Emjoi and if you go onto their website, you can see all the varieties they have. I love the one for my face, but I have light hair and I do get some ingrown hairs on the bottom of my jawline and I still tweeze. I usually do it once a week. I'm not a good waxer lol. I honestly have never kept up with the leg one long enough to know if it's good. It takes a long time. I think you have to be vigilant with the leg one, so I just shave my legs.

I can't afford some of the above mentioned ways, so I do it myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 05:43 AM

4,279 posts, read 3,288,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
I have 2 that I bought online. I've had them at least 4 years and I researched the reviews of them. The brand name is Emjoi and if you go onto their website, you can see all the varieties they have. I love the one for my face, but I have light hair and I do get some ingrown hairs on the bottom of my jawline and I still tweeze. I usually do it once a week. I'm not a good waxer lol. I honestly have never kept up with the leg one long enough to know if it's good. It takes a long time. I think you have to be vigilant with the leg one, so I just shave my legs.

I can't afford some of the above mentioned ways, so I do it myself.
I ordered the Emjoi. It's my first time with the device; it hurts a lot and just doesn't get at most of the hair. I'm off of work because the kids I work with have a break, so I'm letting it grow out a lot longer than I usually do to see if I can get control of it this time. I've gone for waxing before, and they told me they couldn't do it. The hair was ingrown, too coarse, and possibly too short.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:41 AM

My hair is fine so maybe that's why it works better for me. I only use it in the downward direction and I clean the head several times with the brush. Mine is the one that came with tweezers built into it. I'll even occasionally take a paper towel and put some alcohol on it to clean the heads or whatever they're called. I've been lazy and done it with makeup on, but it does work better with a clean face and I'll use one of those exfoliating scrubby things......lol It does also work fine on my armpits and that hair is coarser. Sometimes I'll pull my face taught and it helps some. When you first start using it, you should probably do it pretty often.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:57 AM

3,836 posts, read 6,605,387 times
Can you get a numbing cream to use prior to electrolysis? Take some pain relievers before it too

Old 04-10-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Can you get a numbing cream to use prior to electrolysis? Take some pain relievers before it too
Numbing cream is not over the counter, and the doctor didn't have it.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:41 AM

15,520 posts, read 8,734,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
Numbing cream is not over the counter, and the doctor didn't have it.
There are at least a dozen OTC topical anesthetics available at my local pharmacy and yours, too. Look for something with lidocaine as an active ingredient.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:58 PM

I used to work with a girl that got her hoo haw waxed hahaha and they would tell her to take 2 advil or motrin 1 hour before her appointment.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
I used to work with a girl that got her hoo haw waxed hahaha and they would tell her to take 2 advil or motrin 1 hour before her appointment.
I'm glad I do NOT have a job that requires me to remove hair from my groin / bikini area. Models can have it!

Old 04-10-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
I'm glad I do NOT have a job that requires me to remove hair from my groin / bikini area. Models can have it!

ROFLMAO I know! I'm wayyyy too old for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty