Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 09:50 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,966,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Why would a man care what other men look like?
I pay attention to my own personal style and grooming and try to present myself well, so to a certain extent I (sometimes) notice what other men wear reflexively. If a certain look works well on someone with a somewhat similar appearance, I might remember it because I might try a similar look, and by the same coin, if something looks terrible on someone else I'm going to remember it might be smart not to try it.

I have plenty of male friends who might say something like "hey, where are those shoes from?" or "nice jacket, man" to each other. I don't find this as weird or un-masculine; it seems extraordinarily insecure to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 10:38 AM

98 posts, read 88,035 times
I have never been interested in a man's appearence

Old 04-08-2015, 11:30 AM

6,611 posts, read 4,833,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Just out of curiosity how much do you notice women's appearance? Are you as critical/notice flaws in women like you do men? Btw, I am not implying you are gay. You seem to be concerned with male looks as a vehicle to attract and connect with women. Even if you seem to be my polar opposite I enjoy reading your posts.
[in irritated, off-topic self-defense]
Besides estimated age and race/ethnicity, I notice a woman's attractiveness and body type. (Boobies!) If she's not old, I think I usually tune into very fair skin (partly because I like it) and assess hair length, too, probably, and maybe if she's wearing glasses. Something I always notice is whether she is dressed 'cheap.' If she is not attractive to me, I'll hardly pay attention beyond those details.

Back on topic: I also, if feet are already in view, usually notice if men are wearing good dress shoes, despite little interest in doing so myself.

No men are going to follow my lead on the specifics they notice about other dudes?

Last edited by goodheathen; 04-08-2015 at 11:43 AM..

Old 04-08-2015, 12:38 PM

11,337 posts, read 10,993,307 times
Mod cut: Quoted post has been deleted.

It's probably because you are not a good looking person. You are not used to attracting others simply by your looks. So that aspect is not something you are conscious of or care about. It seems fine to me and only natural. People who are very good looking learn early in life to automate attention to that aspect, since it seems to be an effortless way to attract affection and attention from fellow human beings.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-10-2015 at 02:04 PM..

Old 04-08-2015, 02:30 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,139,584 times
I'm gay, so obviously I notice good looking men, and really pay no attention or care about women's looks. But I've always wondered with good looking, well-dressed straight me, do they realize they're good looking and well dressed? How do they decide how to dress if they don't care about men's looks?

Although, I'm probably not the best dressed gay man out there. I'm in great physical shape, but jeans and a t-shirt is my preferred wardrobe. (Not Rustler jeans and a wife beater lol!)

Old 04-09-2015, 08:55 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,198,619 times
this thread cracks me up. its not that I care, but im not afraid to admit when I see a good looking guy either. this coming from a straight male

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-10-2015 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty