U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 07:49 AM

8,507 posts, read 11,383,829 times

Advertisements

You don't care about shallow guys anyway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 07:53 AM

1,198 posts, read 912,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Sometimes I see beautiful people (female specially) & then I will look at myself in the mirror in bathroom and feel so Bla. Especially when I see beautiful, fit & intelligent girls then I compare myself to her & wonder "who would bother looking at me when such beauties are around".

How do you manage thoughts like that? I know the saying "if we put all our problem in pile & saw others problem, we will pick ours back up'. I am sure beautiful smart females have their own problem too & I shouldn't compare myself to others. But at times I wonder, I am so average. I can't help but compare
Not every guy desires the these women that you view as beautiful. One of my best friends that is what I would consider an average looking guy, just got married to a woman that is full figured. He couldn't be happier.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Old 04-09-2015, 08:08 AM

14,648 posts, read 29,692,844 times
Lots of great suggestions in here so far.

OP, as others have said, everyone has different tastes. Maybe something you think that is unappealing about yourself, will be a major attraction for someone else. As a female myself, I agree with the poster who mentioned eyes and smile as the two most attractive qualities on a person - for me, that means male or female. And try to do/wear things that make you feel CONFIDENT - because confidence that radiates through your eyes and smile is irresistable.

I have seen males and females who were physically very beautiful/sexy but looked so blank they were like mannequins and seem to have no attraction whatsoever. It really is not all about the superficial.

Again, try to remember "different strokes for different folks", develop your unique side, do and wear what you love and radiate that confidence! Stand TALL, smile BIG and look everyone in the eye! OWN it, girl!
I guarantee you it works!

Old 04-09-2015, 09:16 AM

13,341 posts, read 10,902,291 times
There does seem to be a stigma about being one of the"beautiful people,". A societal trend, perhaps? I, personally, lime plain,little or no makeup, rough n tumble kinda gals, that aren't afraid to get dirty hands. I don't care about scars or anything either. As its been said, a lot of these "beautiful people" are just shells. Nothing going on inside, except worrying about their looks, and looking down on them they see as non beautiful.

Thing is, there is WAY more of us "non beautiful" folks out here, than there ever will be of them. Its no sin or slight to be on the more common side, looks wise. Seems to me, that's where truly exceptional and uncommon people are found.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:08 AM

750 posts, read 456,385 times
OP,

How old are you?

There are people out there missing limbs, severe deformities, etc etc.

You should count your blessings you are not one of the people above.

That simple reminder should pull you back down to earth and humble you.

Looks are superficial and fade. What really matters is what is on the inside of a person.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:44 AM

5,263 posts, read 2,876,587 times
The older we get, the less superficially "beautiful" (from a shallow societal perspective) we become. That's when we realize that all the time that was spent on the outside appearance could have been better spent cultivating personality and interests. People who spend all their time seeking outer "beauty" end up with uneducated brains, boring personalities, and little to offer anyone else.

Be who you are. Other people will respond to you if you're authentic. Say what you think. Do what you enjoy doing. Don't stifle yourself or compare yourself to others.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:15 AM

3,417 posts, read 2,895,243 times
Quote:
who would bother looking at me when such beauties are around
Stop comparing yourself to other people. Instead, your focus should be on trying to become the best YOU you can be.

You do these two things, and you will be happy.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:28 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,410,382 times
Quote:
Sometimes I see beautiful people (female specially) & then I will look at myself in the mirror in bathroom and feel so Bla. Especially when I see beautiful, fit & intelligent girls then I compare myself to her & wonder "who would bother looking at me when such beauties are around".

How do you manage thoughts like that? I know the saying "if we put all our problem in pile & saw others problem, we will pick ours back up'. I am sure beautiful smart females have their own problem too & I shouldn't compare myself to others. But at times I wonder, I am so average. I can't help but compare
We can't be objective without seeing u as u can imagine!
Do you dress appropriately with your body type? Do u wear proper make up?

Then, why spend so much time worrying about other's instead of perfecting who You are???

Old 04-09-2015, 11:56 AM

5,046 posts, read 597,010 times
Until I was about 14, I was the class "ugly girl", thick glasses and crooked teeth, plus my parents were fairly poor, so I wore unattractive hand-me-downs -- and if that wasn't bad enough, I was also the class "brain". In other words, I was the ultimate geek. However, I was also a nice person, and no matter how much I was teased, I never was mean in return. (Not that that would have done any good, anyway!)

Then I got contacts, the braces came off, I started earning my own money so I could buy new and more fashionable clothes, and then -- although I wasn't a "10", suddenly, I was at least attractive. (I had great hair and a slim hourglass shape, which also helped.) However, because of my earlier experiences, I found that instead of being attracted to the good-looking guys, I was drawn to the average and even unattractive guys who were intelligent and nice. You see, I knew that I was a worthwhile person even when I was "ugly", and I always thought that if people could just see past the surface, boys would realize that. So, in turn, I learned to look beneath the surface of guys (and later, men), too.

Now, I have been very happily married for 30 years to a VERY good and kind man who was also his class geek, and although I have always been the more attractive of us, I would not exchange him for the wealthiest, most attractive guy in the entire world.

So, what I am saying to you, is YES, as others have said, try to accentuate the positive in your looks as much as you can, but also realize that there are much more worthwhile things to concentrate on, such as how kind you are to others and developing your talents and interests, whatever they are, so that people will find you an interesting and pleasant person to be with.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:09 PM

13,341 posts, read 10,902,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
OP,

How old are you?

There are people out there missing limbs, severe deformities, etc etc.

You should count your blessings you are not one of the people above.

That simple reminder should pull you back down to earth and humble you.

Looks are superficial and fade. What really matters is what is on the inside of a person.
^^ This. As a person with a notable deformity from a maiming accident, I can comment on that. It used to bother me. People would stare, comment and question me about it, and it made me self conscious. Got over that. It hasn't made a whit of difference in how my social life went. Seems, as I aged, people don't notice it as much. Idk... I guess what I'm saying is we play the hand we're dealt. Not much else we can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty