Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 08:32 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Even if an older woman has an attractive body (clothed, anyway!), what styles on her would cause a reaction in you akin to "What in the world is she thinking?"

And/or do you think older women should just wear whatever they like?
I don't think there is a magic number where all of a sudden a woman has to stop wearing A B or C.
For instance, I think that any woman that is no longer a young gal (and there is no number...just...an awareness), they should no longer wear skirts up to their asses. (Actually I don't think ANY female should wear such nonsense, but that is another thread!

There are plenty of women over 50 that look amazing in short skirts, tight jeans, bikinis, and on and on. Wear what looks good on you - but keep an eye out for what is considered timeless fashion, vs. trashy duds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 08:47 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,386,761 times
No empire waists and baby-dolls. And, all depends on how her eyes look. Some old women with positive and hippy-ish style look really good in shorts, but after size 10... I would rather like not seeing these fat wrinkled veiny limbs.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:48 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
No woman over fifty should wear white shoes before Memorial Day or after Labor Day.

No woman over fifty should wear skirts without a slip.

No woman over fifty should wear skirts without wearing panty hose.

No woman over fifty should wear pants to church.

No woman over fifty should wear...

Wait - what I meant to say was "Fifty years ago, no one should wear white shoes before Memorial Day or after Labor Day" and "Fifty years ago no one should wear skirts without a slip..." you get the picture.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:53 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I saw a woman today who was about 60. She had on a cute dress that hit about three inches above her knees. Then she had on boots that hit a few inches below her knees. Cute boots, too. She had blonde hair and she had big earrings on.

She almost looked cute, but not quite. In fact, the very first thing I noticed was that her knees were wrinkled.

Now - my knees are wrinkled too - which is why I'm not going anywhere dressed in that get up. If she'd been actually dressed that way because she DIDN'T care what people thought, that would be one thing, but it was pretty obvious that she was trying to come across as much younger - and rather failing at it.

I like to dress to maximize my assets and minimize my liabilities. Wrinkly knees are a liability.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:57 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Even if an older woman has an attractive body (clothed, anyway!), what styles on her would cause a reaction in you akin to "What in the world is she thinking?"

And/or do you think older women should just wear whatever they like?
I do not have the time, energy or want to when it comes to tending to someone else's life or clothing.

I rarely ask myself "what in the world is she thinking" because I am focused on the task at hand when I am at the grocery, running errands or whatever else I am doing.

Wear what you want if you think you look good in it.
I haven't let what other humans think about me or my clothing since I was about 7 and at 54 I am not about to start.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:06 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Women over 50 shouldn't wear their hair longer than their ears.

No shorts, short skirts, jeans, tight pants, pencil skirts, tank tops or short sleeves.

Women over 50 shouldn't even bother with contact lenses.

Women over 50 are unimportant and close to death so why should they bother?

Old 04-14-2015, 09:10 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,465,188 times
Where I live it seems like women start shopping in the talbots grandma section starting around age 30.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:15 PM

546 posts, read 408,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post
No empire waists and baby-dolls. And, all depends on how her eyes look. Some old women with positive and hippy-ish style look really good in shorts, but after size 10... I would rather like not seeing these fat wrinkled veiny limbs.
I'd rather see an empire waist than a fitted t-shirt with spare times. At least an empire waist has some figure skimming, figure flattering prospects.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:26 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,389,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Women over 50 shouldn't wear their hair longer than their ears.

No shorts, short skirts, jeans, tight pants, pencil skirts, tank tops or short sleeves.

Women over 50 shouldn't even bother with contact lenses.

Women over 50 are unimportant and close to death so why should they bother?
I am hoping you are being sarcastic.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:51 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
I'm of the "I don't care" variety. I just don't get the mindset of people who would hassle a 60-year old woman for wearing shorts in 100-degree heat. Surely they realize how prone to heatstroke older people are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty