U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 09:10 AM

3,463 posts, read 2,292,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
That's just rude.
Now how was that rude. Please explain. I see absolutely nothing rude about it whatsoever.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
This would be better if she was smiling in both pictures:

well how often is a woman going to wear that much makeup? That is perfect for a 'night out on the town' or the red carpet but it sure isn't practical for most office/corporate type jobs. A bit of foundation and a touch of mascara might work, but come on, let's get real.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:24 AM

3,270 posts, read 2,477,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
Now how was that rude. Please explain. I see absolutely nothing rude about it whatsoever.
The post described someone as "a powerful, intelligent woman". The response to that was taking exception to the sentence and specifically the last word in the sentence. Just seemed to me to be a little insulting, that's all.

To each his own.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:07 PM

4,859 posts, read 3,713,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
The post described someone as "a powerful, intelligent woman". The response to that was taking exception to the sentence and specifically the last word in the sentence. Just seemed to me to be a little insulting, that's all.

To each his own.
Yes, to each his (or her) own. The sentence described H. Clinton as intelligent, and I disagreed with that description. That is my opinion. No amount of makeup will make her more intelligent in my opinion.

Just as lack of makeup does not equal uneducated or dull, neither does wearing makeup create an intelligent or interesting person.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:13 PM

10,664 posts, read 7,705,128 times
If you saw my cousin's wife, you might say her face screams for makeup. BUT. She is highly allergic to most skin care and make up products. Even organic. Her skin can't take much. So she can't wear make up at all.
Before judging, know there might be a reason behind it. Not necessarily a choice.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:18 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,620,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
well how often is a woman going to wear that much makeup? That is perfect for a 'night out on the town' or the red carpet but it sure isn't practical for most office/corporate type jobs. A bit of foundation and a touch of mascara might work, but come on, let's get real.
That woman looks downright scary with that makeup, lol! Way overdone, especially the eyes. They look like part of a Halloween costume.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:12 PM

4,859 posts, read 3,713,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
That woman looks downright scary with that makeup, lol! Way overdone, especially the eyes. They look like part of a Halloween costume.
^^^this.

There is an employee at a store I shop at once in a while - she's been there forever. She wears way too much blue eye shadow, way too heavy black eyeliner, a defined line of blush, penciled in eyebrows, bright red lipstick. When my kids were small and they saw her for the first time, my oldest (probably about 8 or 9 at the time) asked me why she was dressed for Halloween already when it was only summer. Had to explain that was how she always looked...she apparently thought it looked good and no one else in her life had bothered to tell her she looked like a clown. She STILL makes herself up like this. Her makeup looks sort of like this, but way more eyeliner and blush. The shadow and brows are almost exactly like this.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:29 PM

LOL, yeah it's great as you said for Halloween. OR for onstage at the theatre or perhaps a circus clown.

I don't know how in the world they can stand all of that caked on their face and eyes....it makes me itch just thinking about it.....ewww

Old 04-18-2015, 04:07 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,574,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I am a makeup artist and some womens faces just SCREAM for makeup.

For example I was watching a tv show where a 60 or so year old female scientist was talking.

She looked beyond dowdy. Her hair was greying and her face starting to fade. She was even wearing a brownish grey color so the overall impression was that of a clever groundhog.

Am I alone in finding this sort of inattention to appearance, extremely distracting?

She would've looked wonderful with a bit of color about her appearance, as it was both she and her topic were colorless and bland.

I know it sounds shallow but, grooming does speak about personality, and this scientist really looked as though she barely showered once a day.
It's sad when an unmadeup woman is presumed to be unclean. I've known several women who prefer the all-natural look but they did shower and shampoo every day. Yes, some of us do NEED makeup and hair treatment (coloring or wig) to look our best. I'm 63 and, although I could look fine without makeup in my 20s and 30s, now I look tired and old without it.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I am a makeup artist and some womens faces just SCREAM for makeup.

For example I was watching a tv show where a 60 or so year old female scientist was talking.

She looked beyond dowdy. Her hair was greying and her face starting to fade. She was even wearing a brownish grey color so the overall impression was that of a clever groundhog.

Am I alone in finding this sort of inattention to appearance, extremely distracting?

She would've looked wonderful with a bit of color about her appearance, as it was both she and her topic were colorless and bland.

I know it sounds shallow but, grooming does speak about personality, and this scientist really looked as though she barely showered once a day.
I think it is extremely shallow and judgmental of you to think someone isn't 'groomed' when not wearing makeup or 'looks' like they haven't showered. And last I knew they had not invented smellivision yet. I bet you are a real peach to be around.

I am sure everyone could use a little improvement on MANY things IF they wanted to look PERFECT such as weight, clothes, hair, nails, teeth, posture, boobs, height, etc. BUT people come in all different forms and have different genetics. Plus not everyone has the time or money nor is everyone as hung up on LOOKS as you are.

As long as someone is clean and practices good hygiene that is the most important because that affects their health. And many of the things people are doing to their bodies and skin can be very unhealthy.

So stop judging unless of course you are perfect in every single possible way yourself which, of course, we know isn't possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or