U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 05:49 PM

246 posts, read 208,076 times

Advertisements

Some people cannot wear cosmetics due to extreme sensitivity, especially mascara/eyeliner. There was a video posted on some website recently that showed how much of the cosmetic enters the tear film, which can really cause some serious irritation. It was disgusting.

I think most women nowadays go way overboard with the eye makeup. I am tired of seeing tarantula leg eyelashes and panda bear eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 06:30 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,522,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I am a makeup artist and some womens faces just SCREAM for makeup.

For example I was watching a tv show where a 60 or so year old female scientist was talking.

She looked beyond dowdy. Her hair was greying and her face starting to fade. She was even wearing a brownish grey color so the overall impression was that of a clever groundhog.

Am I alone in finding this sort of inattention to appearance, extremely distracting?

She would've looked wonderful with a bit of color about her appearance, as it was both she and her topic were colorless and bland.

I know it sounds shallow but, grooming does speak about personality, and this scientist really looked as though she barely showered once a day.
You should go to Korea or Japan. Women of all ages wear make-up almost all the time. It is considered "impolite" not to wear it.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:31 PM

609 posts, read 449,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matilda79 View Post
Some people cannot wear cosmetics due to extreme sensitivity, especially mascara/eyeliner. There was a video posted on some website recently that showed how much of the cosmetic enters the tear film, which can really cause some serious irritation. It was disgusting.

I think most women nowadays go way overboard with the eye makeup. I am tired of seeing tarantula leg eyelashes and panda bear eyes.
Yeah Im kindof sick of fake eyelashes. I always see them in the most awkward places like in class or at church. It's a little much outside of special ocassions.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:36 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,426,763 times
Yeah I see many ladies I want to grab and say come here let me doll you up.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:02 PM

4,859 posts, read 3,717,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Ive had my eyelashes and brows dyed, it works wonders.
I would never allow something like dye near my eyes.

Contacts go in and that's it! No more, no less.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:05 PM

11,432 posts, read 19,448,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
Hmm, television, especially HD TV is a whole other animal. You definitely look better men/women with camera ready make up on. You don't have to wear it in "regular" life, but on TV it kind of all goes together. You're projecting an image - literally and figuratively.
We went to LA to see Craig Ferguson a few years ago, and when he walked out I couldn't believe how HORRIBLE he looked. He was so yellow he looked jaundiced. And so did the guests. We got to see the show later on TV, and he looked perfect.

I don't understand TV makeup -- but I think it's needed....

Old 04-16-2015, 08:09 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,368,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I would never allow something like dye near my eyes.

Contacts go in and that's it! No more, no less.
I haven't repeated the eyelash thing since.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-16-2015 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:10 PM

8,219 posts, read 8,504,500 times
It's not shallow, but you're like most people in having your thinking biased by your profession. Your profession leads you to look at makeup, just like I'm sure a manicurist always looks at people's hands. On one hand, sure, you have a point. On the other hand, would you post in the same way here complaining about teenage boys who look like slobs or teenage girls who look like sluts?

Old 04-16-2015, 08:20 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,368,755 times
All I said is I found her appearance distracting.

What on earth does this have to do with teenage sluts?

Am I missing something?

Old 04-16-2015, 08:40 PM

1,796 posts, read 6,071,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
We went to LA to see Craig Ferguson a few years ago, and when he walked out I couldn't believe how HORRIBLE he looked. He was so yellow he looked jaundiced. And so did the guests. We got to see the show later on TV, and he looked perfect.

I don't understand TV makeup -- but I think it's needed....
Yup .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or