U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 07:40 AM

750 posts, read 457,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesickness View Post
No, just no. Some people don't suit being bald!! I think he should at least TRY and see if there are some solutions.
Most solutions dont work and at most are only a temp fix. Which is gonna cost money and maybe even adverse side effects.

"suit being bald" lmao as if our physical appearance defines us as a person.

The OP needs to get over this and learn to be confident. If he is in shape, confident, funny, gentleman, then he will not have trouble getting women even with bald head regardless if it suits him or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 08:04 AM

609 posts, read 449,702 times
Whatever you do don't start taking propecia. That stuff has the scariest side effects imaginable. Some guys are never able to get it up again or comletely lose their sex drive permanently.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:02 AM

4,862 posts, read 3,726,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesickness View Post
No, just no. Some people don't suit being bald!! I think he should at least TRY and see if there are some solutions.
Some of the hottest, most attractive people have no hair.

Men with hair plugs look ridiculous and insecure, IMO.

OP could try to grow the sides and back long and then comb it over like The Donald.
Or go with a mullet.

Personally, I like those with the Vin Diesel look. Bruce Willis, Dwayne Johnson, Seal, and many more. That is a WAY better look than
Mod cut: copyright images deleted.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-13-2015 at 11:41 AM..

Old 04-18-2015, 10:01 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,823,870 times
Keep it short and embrace it. My fil was completely bald on top. He had a full fledged combover. It looked ridiculous with that flap of hair blowing in the wind, but we loved him anyway. It got shaved when he had his cancer and looked so much better. My husband has the same hair pattern. I think he started losing it in late teens early 20's. He keeps it short and presentable. It is easier to maintain and less expensive because he just has to pull out the clippers when he wants a haircut.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:56 AM

3,280 posts, read 3,555,866 times
Just shave it, bulk up and become Vin Diesel.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:27 PM

17,185 posts, read 22,223,592 times
go with it....maybe the 30-40 yr old women will be after you,,, after 30 they turn into an amusement ride

like riding a rollercoaster and not the ferris wheel,,

,brace yourself,,,your in for a ride !

Old 04-18-2015, 01:50 PM

226 posts, read 265,281 times
Buzz it. One of my bils has a receding hairline and tried to cover it up by growing out his hair long, it looks so much better now that it is buzzed short. My husband is starting to see his hair thin and has just asked me to tell him 'when its time'. They don't want to be one of those guys that are uselessly trying to hang onto their hair. Or look into hair implants. Buzzing it is way cheaper though.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:07 AM

11,685 posts, read 13,110,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
bro, dont be that guy trying to hang on to the little hair you have left.

buzz that with a 2 or 1 and own that look.

the sooner you get comfortable with it the better.
Amen! I did that in the Sixties when every guy was trying to look like Jesus, and my hair was going South. Two weeks and you're over it, and on to obsessing about the next problem.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:03 AM

750 posts, read 457,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Amen! I did that in the Sixties when every guy was trying to look like Jesus, and my hair was going South. Two weeks and you're over it, and on to obsessing about the next problem.
Well for a younger guy (20's) it can take considerable time to get over completely.

Might not get over it but you still gotta do what you gotta do. ie Buzz the head and work on accepting the reality of the situation.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:42 AM

2,653 posts, read 2,124,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
Whatever you do don't start taking propecia. That stuff has the scariest side effects imaginable. Some guys are never able to get it up again or comletely lose their sex drive permanently.
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse. (Any medication can very rarely have terrible, lasting effects.) I see the OP hasn't returned. I think he should go to a hair loss forum if he wants trustworthy answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty