U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 11:46 AM

3,510 posts, read 2,794,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesickness View Post
No, just no. Some people don't suit being bald!! I think he should at least TRY and see if there are some solutions.

Yeah, do the opposite of what this guy says. At 23, your hair is going to keep receding, by the time you hit your 30's, the area around where you've gotten your transplants will likely be bald and you'll either need a second procedure or have to walk around looking ridiculous like this:

Mod cut: copyrighted images deleted.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-13-2015 at 10:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 12:40 PM

8,613 posts, read 7,807,585 times
I don't know why more guys who want to keep their hair don't do Rogaine. I wish Prince William would.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:10 PM

2,624 posts, read 2,111,724 times
Rogaine doesn't work well for most people, especially for frontal loss. Why Prince William didn't seem to use Propecia should be the question. Anyway, we really don't know anything about the young balding guy who created this thread. Maybe he could virtually stop the hair loss with the right treatments, or maybe more of his hair is secretly dying and he's almost destined for major baldness.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:50 PM

576 posts, read 294,983 times
Same thing happened to me when I was 23. I saw some one with a really bad comb over one day just said [bleep!] shaved it all off that day wished I done it sooner.

Bald gracefully

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-13-2015 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:52 PM

2,367 posts, read 1,522,401 times
Shave your head. If you feel a need to compensate, grow a long beard.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:02 PM

390 posts, read 888,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
Whatever you do don't start taking propecia. That stuff has the scariest side effects imaginable. Some guys are never able to get it up again or comletely lose their sex drive permanently.
Whatever, that's a very small percentage. I've been taking it for 5 years and am completely fine as are most guys who take it. ALL medications have a small risk of extreme side effects.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:08 PM

8,711 posts, read 8,906,804 times
I started losing my hair at age 21. By 23 it was so thin up top that it was very noticeable. I just said the hell with it and took a razor to it and haven't looked back.

Was I self aware of it all the time? Yeah, but eventually you do learn to look at it as only hair. If it bothers you, work out a bit, get some new clothes, carry yourself with confidence. Just don't sit there and go "woe is me I have no hair"

I'm 34 now, still fully shaved head, and perfectly happy.

Would I get it all back if I could? Yes. hair is useful for when it's -5 degrees out, or outside on a sunny day

Old 04-21-2015, 05:27 AM

2,775 posts, read 2,577,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
bro, dont be that guy trying to hang on to the little hair you have left.

buzz that with a 2 or 1 and own that look.

the sooner you get comfortable with it the better.
^^^this^^^

Learn to love yourself, if you don't, no one else will.

Putting chemicals on your scalp (the rest of your life!) to reduce hair loss will potentially impact your testosterone levels AND your erections - so don't do the chemical route as suggested by others. Those I have known who did the chemical thing, the moment they stopped, their hair flew off their scalps so quickly it was ridiculous. Better not to do it and to save your money at the outset.

Physical hair replacement methods suck and will leave your head scarred up and the battle against hair loss is one you will eventually lose anyway... don't do it.

It all circularly goes back to the original response I quoted above... love yourself, love your high forehead, love your uniqueness... claim it, own it! As a closing thought - any woman who says anything negative about your hair loss or who suggests you do the chemical route, kick her to the curb as she isn't too bright and isn't worth your time.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:58 AM

2,624 posts, read 2,111,724 times
Minoxidil is the standard liquid hair loss treatment. I don't think it can affect testosterone levels. Propecia doesn't normally affect total testosterone - unlike, for example, many antidepressants - and there's almost no risk of significant, lasting sexual dysfunction. With that pill, some people can nearly stop their hair loss for many years, although my guess is a young man with a receding hairline won't be so lucky.

I say don't listen to people who fear-monger.

I also say confidence is nice, but people's eyes notice appearance first, so beyond being confident enough to show up and not look sad, I'd recommend the hair.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:24 PM

595 posts, read 1,008,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingbald42 View Post
My hairline has receded pretty bad. My hairline is as deep as jude laws, but my hair is thicker. Also my forehead is pretty big now. Whenever I am talking to someone face to face I notice that they look at me and then they look up at my hair for a bit. I keep my hair medium length and my hairline causes my hair to be positioned a certain way where its not symmetrical.

I have shaved my head before at number 2 and it looks alright, but my hairline has that deep M shape. I remember sitting at a restaurant eating with a friend and these kids making fun of my hairline and kept staring at it. It is less noticeable when I grow out my hair. I am debating on whether to bic it or keep it really short no guard, get buff, and get a tan lol. Sucks that I am losing my hair at such a young age.
I assume you're 42 by your sn? If so, is that young to be losing your hair? If so, embrace it. It happens to us all, well not all. But if you're 22, then yes, it sucks for you.

Edit. Forget what I just said. Read the title. At 23, then it must be hereditary. Nothing is really going to work. All these products and what not might slow it down but not make it grow back. Unless you want to go extreme and do the transplant thing but again, with your hairline receding that bad, people will know. If you have a good shape head, I would just shave it off. Sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty