Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 02:38 AM

11,642 posts, read 12,829,683 times

Advertisements

Go bald (even though a good number guys won't pull this look). Do you think it will suit you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 11:53 AM

609 posts, read 612,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse. (Any medication can very rarely have terrible, lasting effects.) I see the OP hasn't returned. I think he should go to a hair loss forum if he wants trustworthy answers.
Go research it. I was surprised as well.
"Any medication can very rarely have terrible lasting effects"
Aw aren't you cute?

Old 05-28-2015, 10:14 AM

761 posts, read 828,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesickness View Post
No, just no. Some people don't suit being bald!! I think he should at least TRY and see if there are some solutions.
And if you have a giant honker like mine, the bald look just does not work.
Losing mine, but still have fair coverage on top.
Receding in the front.

I use Xfusion fibers to give it more body.
Buzzed just would not work with this face. Lol

Old 05-29-2015, 04:14 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,953,669 times
1) Don't do the chemical thing to keep your hair - you will end up suffering side effects including but not limited to erectile dysfunction and hormone disruption. Plus the moment you stop doing the chemical thing, your hair will fly off your scalp anyway!

2) Don't do the transplant thing - you will end up with scars on your body and as you experience more hair loss the only hair you will have is that which you transplanted making the whole thing look ridiculous and un-maintainable.

3) Get use to the way you look and love yourself. You are unique, your entire body and its look is literally all you have... if you don't embrace it/love it, how can you expect anyone else to? Forget looking like someone else! You have choices for your hair - all have been named in this thread; shaving completely, shaving short, or growing long. Make a choice today, live with the results, and if you want to do something different in the future, do that when the time comes! If other adults or children are making fun of the way you look - find others to hang out with brother! Those folks haven't woken up and you shouldn't take offense to them, just move on.

This thread and others like it remind me how sad it is to see so many people who lack self confidence. I haven't seen too many people in the 40 odd years I've been observant that have truly had a repelling look about them. Truly, those who did really did have control over their extreme obesity or other issues contributing to their problem. When I see guys or girls who don't see their own beauty I think of how it is such a waste of their life to go on that way. The OP simply needs to realize that they have a unique beauty and that women so shallow as not to get beyond his hairline aren't worth his time anyway.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:10 AM

1,486 posts, read 2,223,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
bro, dont be that guy trying to hang on to the little hair you have left.
This advice is outdated. Basically, the short or shaved hair on bald men is nothing but the combover of the 90s. It's a form of vanity and baldness denial just as bad as a wig.

Better to go bald in an in your face style, like Larry David, Gerald Ford, Robert Duvall, David Crosby etc. Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-13-2015 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: Keep race out of it.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:00 PM

6,602 posts, read 4,813,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
1) Don't do the chemical thing to keep your hair - you will end up suffering side effects including but not limited to erectile dysfunction and hormone disruption. Plus the moment you stop doing the chemical thing, your hair will fly off your scalp anyway!

2) Don't do the transplant thing - you will end up with scars on your body and as you experience more hair loss the only hair you will have is that which you transplanted making the whole thing look ridiculous and un-maintainable.

3) Get use to the way you look and love yourself. You are unique, your entire body and its look is literally all you have... if you don't embrace it/love it, how can you expect anyone else to? Forget looking like someone else! You have choices for your hair - all have been named in this thread; shaving completely, shaving short, or growing long. Make a choice today, live with the results, and if you want to do something different in the future, do that when the time comes! If other adults or children are making fun of the way you look - find others to hang out with brother! Those folks haven't woken up and you shouldn't take offense to them, just move on.

This thread and others like it remind me how sad it is to see so many people who lack self confidence. I haven't seen too many people in the 40 odd years I've been observant that have truly had a repelling look about them. Truly, those who did really did have control over their extreme obesity or other issues contributing to their problem. When I see guys or girls who don't see their own beauty I think of how it is such a waste of their life to go on that way. The OP simply needs to realize that they have a unique beauty and that women so shallow as not to get beyond his hairline aren't worth his time anyway.
Not again! (Parts 1 and 2 ) Some strange, over-the-top philosophical objection to putting much effort into appearance. Philosophy won't change the fact that appearance matters highly in this world. Also, the second point is false unless someone makes bad decisions and the first point is almost entirely false, maybe even the part about hair falling off fast after discontinuing medicine (it might take a long time).

So much discussion after a first post that was hit-and-run.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:04 PM

112 posts, read 111,369 times
What do you guys think of hair loss programs that are designed to fix hair loss? Hair Loss Protocol Review | Hastened Evolution
anyone tried them with good results?

Old 05-30-2015, 09:39 PM

7,287 posts, read 6,860,343 times
You. Are young enough that adding vitamin E to your diet may make a significant difference for you.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:46 AM

12,998 posts, read 13,579,157 times
Balding at 23? Sorry man. The only thing you can do is shave it all and grow a goatee. Bald and a goatee. If you have the time and inclination, you should hit the gym too. Bald and buff looks a lot better than bald and doughy. Bald men can't pull off the pretty boy, soft body look that men with great hair and nice features sometimes can, so the hard look is pretty much all that's open to you.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:35 AM

6,602 posts, read 4,813,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Balding at 23? Sorry man. The only thing you can do is shave it all and grow a goatee. Bald and a goatee. If you have the time and inclination, you should hit the gym too. Bald and buff looks a lot better than bald and doughy. Bald men can't pull off the pretty boy, soft body look that men with great hair and nice features sometimes can, so the hard look is pretty much all that's open to you.
Why a goatee?? Especially at 23, makes no sense, and that kind of thing probably is what gives the shaved head a bad reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebox View Post
What do you guys think of hair loss programs that are designed to fix hair loss? Hair Loss Protocol Review | Hastened Evolution
anyone tried them with good results?
I haven't tried them, but I have heard them described as a rip-offs and their ingredients seem either unproven and ineffective or based around marked-up minoxidil. I have never heard any credible person say and provide evidence that hair loss programs are worthwhile. Just buy the medications that are known to work (there's no rule against trying inexpensive experimental things in addition). Don't believe the nonsense that medications don't work or often cause serious side effects. Also, if cost is a concern, they aren't pricey anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty