U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 01:39 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,500,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I'm a woman and I like when men where jewelry. My son wheres kids jewelry and his little gfs love it. I wouldn't ask guys if they like it, most American men don't care about fashion.
I like it when men where all kinds of decoration. It's not a gay thing to me. I even like guys who where man skirts though, so I'm not your typical mid American kind of woman.
My advice:
Stick to living on either coast and you'll be fine. The middle of the country is a different view. More mixed culture on the coasts and more fashion.
A lot of men where jewelry in California, and New York, Florida, Washington. Not many wear it in Oklahoma, or the like. That said, I don't like bad attitudes so loosen up a bit first.

Sport it!! Johnny does.

Big Difference. Depp is in show business, and that's a part of his sales pitch, same as Lady Gaga and Madonna. Doesn't mean its normal or accepted as good fashion. Being accepted by Society as an intelligent human being, and being accepted by Groupies as a spectacle are two different things. In one, your an asset, and the other your entertainment, which includes laughing.

Your also wrong about the different parts of the Country. People are the same everywhere. You may blend in because there are more like you, in that particular location, but not because your like the majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treffer View Post
Or are you just offended that someone doesn't dream about being an American?
If your so great where you came from, why are you here, among commoners?

Why did you come here and star a thread, asking us commoners why people think your a fruit pie?

Old 04-19-2015, 02:04 PM

8,179 posts, read 14,281,076 times
It isn't so much about what you wear or how much (although I find your ostentatiousness offputting at best); it's how your flaunt it. I suspect you are in everyone's face about your show. I'm sure that LadyDoodoo and her ilk would love your flamboyance. Not so most of us "regular Janes".

Mangagement ring indeed. Enormous eyeroll and turning away of the head.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:23 PM

2,133 posts, read 1,692,587 times
The problem is the meterosexuality, it is on par with androgyny.

Meterosexual

A person (typically male) who takes pride in his appearance, dresses impeccably, goes for facials, expensive hair cuts and things of that nature. They are often assumed to be gay.
"Sam? Oh he isn't gay. I know he fusses a lot about his appearance, but he really isn't gay. He's just a meterosexual."

Androgyny is the combination of masculine and feminine characteristics. Sexual ambiguity may be found in fashion, gender identity, sexual identity, or sexual lifestyle.

Why wouldn't people be confused at your appearance?

Old 04-19-2015, 04:29 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,084,861 times
"If you had been to any of the top European boarding school's you'd have had a few lessons in"

...correct use of apostrophes?

Old 04-19-2015, 04:45 PM

5,655 posts, read 5,472,205 times
With the amount and quality of jewelry the OP sports, "gay" wouldn't be at the top of my list. Here's what would:

- Mafioso middle management
- Real estate/legal shyster
- Jewelry shop owner (from a sketchy neighborhood)
- Insecure conspicuous consumer
- "Oriental" carpet store owner (which is a front for some other business)
- 'B'-list actor I've never heard of
- A guy begging to get mugged.

But not gay. Most gays I know don't wear much jewelry, if any.

Last edited by sskink; 04-19-2015 at 05:17 PM..

Old 04-19-2015, 06:04 PM

12,932 posts, read 19,831,249 times
Male or female, straight or gay, understated elegance will always trump overstated flash, and that's the case on both sides of the ocean.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:20 PM

21,148 posts, read 22,147,144 times
I'm confused....in another thread you indicate you've never been in a serious relationship and currently reside in South Africa....?

Making (meaningful) friendships in your 30s

Old 04-19-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I'm confused....in another thread you indicate you've never been in a serious relationship and currently reside in South Africa....?

Making (meaningful) friendships in your 30s

Thanks for that post. Interesting, to say the least.

Seems I smell something, and it ain't from the "Collection of Personal Fragrances."

Reminds me of an old song. Went sort of like " I was trolling through the Park one day, In the very Merry Month of May."

Old 04-19-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
But not gay. Most gays I know don't wear much jewelry, if any.
Your right. I know one who wears more Jewelry than I would, but its all first class, very expensive, well placed, and is in harmony with all the rest. First impression would be a very rich playboy. No bling. Even his watch is clean, plain leather band, and expensive looking and unusual. Has a built in cool looking compass that works. Class and quality. I told him he could leave that to me in his will. Very good people.

The rest I know, aren't into Jewelry. So point well made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or