U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 03:03 PM

4,858 posts, read 3,711,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEdwardG View Post
Wrong. Given beauty is a subjective quality, a woman can in fact be perfect in the eye of the beholder. To me, my wife is perfect and I don't say that to score points.
Maybe not to score POINTS perhaps.....I think just to score......

Ha, ha you are a good man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 03:29 PM

6,704 posts, read 4,163,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marliss View Post
If given the choice between an all natural female with imperfections - whatever they may be, Or a surgically enhanced female with no imperfections, which female would you choose and why?
My first reaction was to dismiss the question on the basis that anyone making a relationship decision on such shallow criteria isn't worth listening to in the first place, but then I thought about it for a moment. And I realized that it actually is possible to give a good answer to the question. I'd be far more inclined to go with the "all natural" woman with imperfections, simply because I wouldn't have any interest in any woman whose appearance was so important to her that she felt she needed to surgically "enhance" it.

My wife is by far the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and the only time I've ever seen her even wear makeup was the night she met my parents. She wanted to make an impression, so she went out and bought a thing of lipstick. A big part of what makes her so beautiful is that she simply is who she is, and would never even contemplate having some sort of operation to "improve" it.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:36 PM

7,325 posts, read 3,748,932 times
I am definitely in the no artificial ingredient, additives, flavoring or preservatives camp unless it was a medical necessity or reconstructive in nature.

Yes to repair, No to enhance.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:02 PM

2,797 posts, read 2,511,845 times
Au natural. Oh, yes All natural. Healthy and fit for her body type with a natural sexiness and good aptitude and attitude.

As has been said many times, there is no 'perfect' physical specimen unless you're looking strictly for an AI robotic physical ideal, a la Kelly LeBrock as the concoction of teen boys in Weird Science or Ex Machina like robotic perfection.

But who'd want to have a relationship with a robot? A hot empathic 'metamore' would be ideal, a la, Star Trek Next Generation:
The Perfect Mate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seriously, since we all age why would you want someone who you'd outlive?
Then you'd likely get this consequence illustrated well by a Twilight Zone episode:

Long Live Walter Jameson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As others have mentioned, as long as the 'imperfection' isn't glaringly hideous or gets in the way (say an odd thing that takes away from enjoying physical intimacy). Blemishes, imperfections etc. are often an added plus to make them unique.

Here's an old comment
Sexual Relationship with people with tons of skin imperfections

Old 04-25-2015, 05:43 PM

8,374 posts, read 7,362,552 times
Women with a lot of artificial enhancements (not reconstructive surgery) to try to look sexier or more beautiful usually soon fail the personality and likeability tests men use to select the right women for them. They end up being so vain, etc., that a man would not be interested in her. A man as most are saying, want to be with a real woman, not some stuck up artificially enhanced hulk.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:09 PM

3,413 posts, read 2,893,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marliss View Post
If given the choice between an all natural female with imperfections - whatever they may be, Or a surgically enhanced female with no imperfections, which female would you choose and why?
Too many variables to consider before answer your question.

Natural > surgically enhanced; but surgically enhanced > obese/overweight. This is for ME, it may be different for others but that is just how I see it.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:23 PM

6,268 posts, read 12,101,075 times
My wife used to have "perfect" breasts. Used to. Then we had a kid, and you know how that goes. After a year or so of breast feeding, and now that she's stopped, they've shrunk down to pre pregnancy size, but they're no longer perky like they used to, and even seem a bit smaller than they were.

My wife wants to get them done. I don't really care either way, I'm not a boob guy, but if it makes her happy then I have no problems with it. I certainly wouldn't think that she would look worse for doing so.

I think most of the guys here are lying through their teeth. Having some work done doesn't have to be a negative. Now, some women do way too much work, and they end up looking too fake. But let's face it, most people peak in their 20's, and after that, we all start to look a bit worse for wear. There's nothing wrong with doing a few things to help maintain your appearance.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:40 PM

5,470 posts, read 4,552,683 times
The onLy improvements I expect in my wife is maturity.
Life is what it is ,we all deteriorate .

Old 04-25-2015, 10:21 PM

5,655 posts, read 5,461,804 times
Well, I know how I would've answered this question 10 years ago, but with my wife nearing 60, the fun bags are sagging quite a bit...

<ducking>

Old 04-25-2015, 10:33 PM

4,093 posts, read 2,819,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfloon View Post
If someone gets a lot of plastic surgery I think it says a lot about their personality.
Or lack thereof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty