U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2015, 04:04 AM
 
Location: State of Grace
1,488 posts, read 1,052,881 times
Reputation: 2331

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Sure, we'll ogle 'em, even bed down with 'em, but we won't marry 'em.

To me, the sexiest, hottest babe is the one who finds me irresistable. The one who doesn't care if I've been out working and am a little sweaty. The one who picks up my socks and boxers where I left them on the floor before a shower...and still wants to kiss me Good Morning.

I married the first lady who seemingly couldn't live without me. She's still my wife, after 40 years.

I read every post up to this one, and then paused to respond, because after 40+ years in the missionary field, where counselling of all sorts takes up a fair bit of one's time, this is the most common reason for anyone to marry anyone.

The need to be needed and loved is strongly hardwired into all of us, and while most agree that one should always strive to look one's best, that could simply mean keeping clean and tidy, combing one's hair, and brushing one's teeth, and dressing 'nicely,' which could just as easily be wearing a pair of blue jeans and a nice top, if one still has the figure for that look.

A good sense of humor is second only to the aforementioned.

Being a 'natural' woman myself, it's heartwarming to read these responses.


Blessings to all,


Mahrie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2015, 05:34 AM
 
11 posts, read 8,770 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Do you want ugly men?

Do you desire to be with an ugly man, would you claim that man as your significant other?

So now you've went from claiming that we prefer artificial beauty over natural beauty to suggesting that we want beauty at all costs?

There are ugly women who have had work done, that are still ugly. That is what we call putting lipstick on a pig.

You appear to have confused me, the OP, with this poster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 05:39 AM
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
5,570 posts, read 5,368,808 times
Reputation: 3023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marliss View Post
You appear to have confused me, the OP, with this poster.
OP I don't have any issues with you I can tell when a thread is being compromised. Other people may have issues with you but I'm not one of them.

I know who I'm talking to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 05:57 AM
 
Location: the Permian Basin
4,093 posts, read 2,824,446 times
Reputation: 5665
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
I dunno . . . must be a cultural thing. I dont know you, so I dont want to say anything offensive, but this seems to me like the attitude of people who wear backward baseballs caps and look forward to "keggers" with their "bros". Jersey Shore fans . . .
I havent heard any male past 25 say this kind of stuff. We must travel in very different universes

We probably do, but you completely missed the mark if you were describing me instead of BeatAngryMoh.

I'm a 36 year old country boy. I wear my ball cap forward, when I'm not wearing my cowboy hat. I watch 3 or 4 hours of TV per month unless it's football season. I don't drink much (or often), and I don't keep up with pop culture AT ALL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 06:10 AM
 
Location: the Permian Basin
4,093 posts, read 2,824,446 times
Reputation: 5665
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Yup,and i know for sure who they would pick...men are liars.

When men think natural,they seem to want a woman who is born beautiful,not a natural ugly woman.



Most women see their own flaws with a huge magnifying glass, and therefore assume that men see them the same way. In reality, we either see them as endearing, or we simply focus our attention on the things about you that we do like.

Hint: we view your bodies through the same lens as our own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
5,570 posts, read 5,368,808 times
Reputation: 3023
The confidence that a woman projects also has a lot to do with it. A lot of women may be fake, but if the accentuation gives them confidence they don't otherwise have it makes them sexier. But it is not in how they look, it is in the way that how they look makes them feel.

The same women, if that does not make her feel comfortable it won't work for her. That's why my wife can't wear a weave, but my sister in law can. My sister in law gets a lot of attention from men, more with the "fakeness" than she did being natural because it gives her confidence.

Do I feel like my sister in law is more attractive because of it? No, but then again I'm coming from a place of prejudice based on other knowledge. But I can see why other men would. Do I wish my wife wore a weave and make up? No, because she's still beautiful without it. All the makeup does is hide acne, eczema, etc. It gives an artificial appearance but it does not make her "prettier". Have I dated women who were made up of may have had augmentation, enhancement, etc. Of course.

You have to find what works for you. If you feel like you need it, then do what you have to do. But the attention you get is as much about how it alters your behavior as it is how it changes your looks. In an ideal world, all women would feel great about themselves, but a lot don't. Sometimes women are more concerned with competition among other women on looks than they are looking good for men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 03:38 PM
 
403 posts, read 399,941 times
Reputation: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marliss View Post
I would like to thank all the men who responded to my question. The vast majority of men stated that they prefer the all natural woman, imperfections and all, but . . . I'm thinking that perhaps you all are hypocrites.

To me it seems that the more enhanced a woman is, the more men will ogle that woman. Women react to this behavior and will therefore believe that you are attracted to this presentation. So, tell me guys, what gives?!?
They are such hypocrites. They say they prefer all natural women but then drool over all the enhanced airbrushed women. The guys on this forum might be telling the truth because most of them are older, but guys in their 20's-30's usually tend to be very hypocritical. Heck, the older guys might be too, who knows. What's wrong with a normal woman wanting a little enhancement? Oh, I'll answer: nothing. And who says plastic surgery can't look natural? Not everyone wants to look like Pamela Anderson. Honestly do what YOU want. Who says you have to tell a guy about getting plastic surgery? It's NONE of his business, and if you go to a good doctor, it should look natural. The only exception is boob jobs because they usually do feel different, but you can still get a natural looking enhancement. If a guy doesn't want you because you got your boobs done or whatever, then he doesn't deserve you, and instead of getting with you, he'll be ******* off to some porn chick who got her boobs done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 06:20 PM
 
Location: SoCal
5,708 posts, read 4,285,578 times
Reputation: 1855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marliss View Post
If given the choice between an all natural female with imperfections - whatever they may be, Or a surgically enhanced female with no imperfections, which female would you choose and why?
Assuming that there is no difference in personality, et cetera, I would obviously pick the surgically enhanced woman. After all, considering that I plan to get myself surgically enhanced, I don't see why exactly I should criticize a woman for getting herself surgically enhanced.

As I say--if something needs fixing, then I have no problem with it getting fixed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2015, 12:27 AM
 
812 posts, read 661,661 times
Reputation: 995
OP, I guess I'd have to flip a coin. I've dated both kinds, and I always look past the flesh and the most attractive thing comes from the soul ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2015, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Leaving fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada
3,836 posts, read 6,611,296 times
Reputation: 7254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marliss View Post
I would like to thank all the men who responded to my question. The vast majority of men stated that they prefer the all natural woman, imperfections and all, but . . . I'm thinking that perhaps you all are hypocrites.

To me it seems that the more enhanced a woman is, the more men will ogle that woman. Women react to this behavior and will therefore believe that you are attracted to this presentation. So, tell me guys, what gives?!?
They ogle the train wrecks, too. Basically, the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top