U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:43 PM

7,778 posts, read 9,621,396 times

Advertisements

If the hair is pretty, I suppose it looks all right, but it usually isn't pretty and then it looks awful. I've heard women say they have it that way because their husband likes it. I like very short hair for myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 04:18 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,542,598 times
The hair may be beautiful, healthy and majestic and garner many compliments ... that doesn't necessarily mean that it's flattering on the woman.

I can find the most beautiful gown in the world, but it doesn't matter if it's not suited to my body. Same sort of thing here. I've seen some super long hair worthy of shampoo commercials, but it still aged the women and weighed them down a great deal.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:32 PM

23,951 posts, read 31,164,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I have NO idea what the public thinks...
but, personally, I think that hair at the butt rarely looks good on anyone, no matter what the gender or age.
What she said.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:13 AM

7,074 posts, read 4,581,069 times
From a guys perspective, when I see a woman with hair down to her butt, no matter the age, I can't help but think....hippie! Not that I'm saying that's a good or bad thing, it just strikes me as someone from the 70's from the pics I've seen when that hair style was a bit more popular I think though I was a little kid then and honesty don't remember how popular it really was so maybe I'm off on that. My wife changes her hair from longer to short over the years, different colors, etc and I think she looks good in all the different styles but a woman with hair that long? Not my thing really, no matter the age, IMHO.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:21 AM

98 posts, read 73,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
What is the public perception of women in their 50s with hair down to their butt? It's not brittle grey crumply hair that's been coloured/permed for 30 years, it's naturally coloured hair that has never been permed or dyed.

When people take a long look, what are they thinking?
Tell them not to take a long look. who cares what they are thinking.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:37 AM

6,317 posts, read 4,446,697 times
I'd probably be thinking: "I wonder if she knows how much money she could get for that 'virgin' hair!"

Old 04-27-2015, 03:19 AM

6,308 posts, read 4,775,863 times
My wife is an older woman with long hair, dyed black. She looks magnificent.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:36 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,981,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Ooooh, pick me, pick me!!

I have longer hair.

I honestly do NOT care what anyone else thinks of my long hair!!

What is most important to me is that I like it. In fact, I LOVE my long hair.

I can pull it into a pony, braid it, French braid it, or leave it loose. I can pin up one side, use those fun hair doo-dads, or use barretts.

I have options.

And yes, there is gray in it. The gray will stay. I've earned it.
Yeah, you and me both.

I've got long, luscious, black hair with some strands of gray. I keep it off my face and personally, I really like it.

And yes, I have lived long enough that I don't give a rat's arse what people think. I care about my children and my husband. The rest are veritable strangers. Anyone that would judge me because of my well-coiffed long locks is someone about whose opinion I really don't care.

Those that judge me based on my hair don't change my perception, except to show me that they're judgmental, unpleasant people.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:53 AM

1,973 posts, read 1,518,816 times
I Think MOST OLDER WOMEN with Long Hair look ridiculous... It looks like they are trying and failing to look young and its is only making them look older..

Old 04-27-2015, 06:24 AM

4,860 posts, read 3,721,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Okkkaaayyyyyy... but the OP specifically asked about hair down to the butt.
Is yours THAT long?
I was responding to the statement that everyone cares what other people think.

I was saying I do NOT care what other people think about my looks and/or style.

My hair is mid-back. And I still don't care what other people think about that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or