U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 09:11 AM

2,814 posts, read 1,744,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I can't take it anymore. One of my neighbors has the worst taste in clothing. She is literally hurting my eyes. Today she is wearing a floor length skirt in red, black and white stripes. Big stripes. Horizontal stripes. It's hemmed crooked.

Other days she wears this huge mid calf length solid yellow skirt and she's got another one that's baby crap beige. She always pairs this stuff with shirts that don't match and flat shoes.

My window faces her apartment walkway so I never get close enough to her to say anything (there is a street in between) -- but I wish someone would make her stop dressing so badly. It's just awful. She's like a walking "Don't" fashion page.
since when have we had "fashion" police? mind your own business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 09:25 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,094,500 times
What your post should actually say is "I need a hobby. Help me find one that fits my interests!"

So you like fashion. Have you ever thought about volunteering with an organization that takes donations of office wear or prom dresses and gives them to those in need? That could be a good one.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:26 AM

5,201 posts, read 3,693,100 times
If that's the extent of your problems, you've got it made baby. Chill out and let the lady wear whatever she wants.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:49 AM

4,878 posts, read 4,595,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
What your post should actually say is "I need a hobby. Help me find one that fits my interests!"
So you like fashion. Have you ever thought about volunteering with an organization that takes donations of office wear or prom dresses and gives them to those in need? That could be a good one.
^^^

Quote:
Female, and old enough to be her mother, which is why I care, I guess. I'm also somewhat involved in fashion so it interests me.
If you care and are involved in fashion then you can make a difference.
Chrysalis

Last edited by baileyvpotter; 04-28-2015 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: error

Old 04-28-2015, 09:57 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,214,544 times
Maybe she had to go shopping in the stores this year. Lately I am doing my shopping by going through my closet and pulling out old clothes I haven't worn for a while. I don't want a sweater that looks like someone did a bad knit job and got the bottom in many different lengths. So sloppy. I hope the designers get it together before I have to buy something. I wouldn't be caught dead in most of the clothes in the stores now.

And for those who think your arms waving at me are pretty--they aren't. Cover them up!

Old 04-28-2015, 10:01 AM

Location: NOT in the Land of lollipops & unicorns...I live in reality.
980 posts, read 867,896 times
You need a hobby...one that takes you out of the house...often. WHO even notices or cares what their neighbors wear or do??? That used to be call a 'busy body'. Wondering more if said neighbor has a clue as to HOW MUCH you oggle her??? Kinda creepy to me.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:05 AM

1,231 posts, read 984,999 times
Who cares??

Old 04-28-2015, 10:51 AM

15,747 posts, read 11,860,543 times
Quote:
I can't take it anymore. One of my neighbors has the worst taste in clothing. She is literally hurting my eyes. Today she is wearing a floor length skirt in red, black and white stripes. Big stripes. Horizontal stripes. It's hemmed crooked.

Other days she wears this huge mid calf length solid yellow skirt and she's got another one that's baby crap beige. She always pairs this stuff with shirts that don't match and flat shoes.

My window faces her apartment walkway so I never get close enough to her to say anything (there is a street in between) -- but I wish someone would make her stop dressing so badly. It's just awful. She's like a walking "Don't" fashion page.
sounds funny. Not sure why you are offended.I am more offended when people wear clothes 3 sizes too small and hang the belly out.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:54 AM

35,121 posts, read 38,059,484 times
Quote:
It's not a money thing. It's the styles and colors she is picking and how she puts them together. For instance, a maroon and black striped top looks awful with a yellow and white checked skirt.

How in the world would you know it is not a money issue?
Do you look at her bank account or go through her wallet as well
as invade her closet?

Find a new hobby.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:08 AM

14,696 posts, read 29,841,774 times
How about you close your curtains and open your mind?

HOWDY NEIGHBOR! GLAD YOU LIKE MY CLOTHES!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty