U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 10:17 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,492,870 times

Advertisements

Isn't life grand, that we can all choose what WE want to wear? Isn't it great that all of us have different opinions on clothing? Imagine if we all wore uniforms, or the same outfit YOU decided looked good on YOU!

Your neighbor sounds like a sweet girl, just trying to make a good life for herself. Would you rather have a "stylish" dresser that's blasts music till 4am, or is selling drugs? I agree you should find some volunteer work. If it wouldn't insult the girl, I'd say donate some of your designer clothing to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 11:54 AM

9,316 posts, read 17,951,460 times
She may be from a different culture. We get visitors from Japan who wear prints with plaids in colors that don't match and at first I thought maybe they weren't able to bring much in their luggage and then when I mentioned it to someone they said that was an actual style in Japan. Once you get used to it, it is sort of interesting at least. If you throw out all preconceived notions about what good style should be, does what she look like have any redeeming values? Bright cheerful colors, maybe? Hopefully it's at least comfortable if it's not stylish.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:03 PM

10,892 posts, read 13,010,885 times
don't be hatin' on baby crap beige, now.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:08 PM

11,062 posts, read 8,986,001 times
Haven't read anything but the original post but my first take was:

OP is a woman and the person with the bad clothes is younger and prettier.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:35 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,257,025 times
Just think how good you look compared to your super unstylish neighbor! I used to have horrible fat unstylish customers at the pharmacy and I thought the same thing and then I realized just how good I looked compared to them

Old 04-28-2015, 03:38 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,261,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I can't take it anymore. One of my neighbors has the worst taste in clothing. She is literally hurting my eyes. Today she is wearing a floor length skirt in red, black and white stripes. Big stripes. Horizontal stripes. It's hemmed crooked.

Other days she wears this huge mid calf length solid yellow skirt and she's got another one that's baby crap beige. She always pairs this stuff with shirts that don't match and flat shoes.

My window faces her apartment walkway so I never get close enough to her to say anything (there is a street in between) -- but I wish someone would make her stop dressing so badly. It's just awful. She's like a walking "Don't" fashion page.
It is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS how other people dress, sheesh, get a life and quit wasting bandwidth

Old 04-28-2015, 03:49 PM

13,140 posts, read 7,393,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I can't take it anymore. One of my neighbors has the worst taste in clothing. She is literally hurting my eyes. Today she is wearing a floor length skirt in red, black and white stripes. Big stripes. Horizontal stripes. It's hemmed crooked.

Other days she wears this huge mid calf length solid yellow skirt and she's got another one that's baby crap beige. She always pairs this stuff with shirts that don't match and flat shoes.

My window faces her apartment walkway so I never get close enough to her to say anything (there is a street in between) -- but I wish someone would make her stop dressing so badly. It's just awful. She's like a walking "Don't" fashion page.
And? MYOB.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:10 PM

9,716 posts, read 12,940,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Haven't read anything but the original post but my first take was:

OP is a woman and the person with the bad clothes is younger and prettier.
Ha! There's a six lane street between us so I haven't a clue what her face looks like. It's her clothes that just scream at me! (Thankfully, I don't see her every day.)

Oh, but that's another thing. Those patterns she wears aren't subtle. You can see them from 50+ yards away.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:22 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,170,897 times
At least your neighbors wear clothes, it could be worse...much...much worse.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:06 PM

459 posts, read 996,739 times
How shallow. I'd rather see horrible clothing than deal with an immature, judgmental personality any day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty