Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:39 PM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times

Advertisements

Even though the wife and I do watch Dancing With The Stars, some of the clothes that are worn on the show( by the women dancers) seem awfully "skimpy". Even the women dancers that were on when Rod Steward sang Hot Legs on the show, danced very seductively with "skimpy" clothing on. The wife and I continue to watch the show, but wonder what your opinions are about some of the clothes worn by the women. What is really unreal, we complain about how some of the kids of today dance at high school dances, but look at some of the "moves" and clothing of the contestants on this show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 08:40 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,906,202 times
This is an old thread, but it was in here and not answered...so here's my take.

I happen to LOVE dance. And I feel it is a form of artistic expression and the way they dress is for "show" only. It adds to the allure.

I really liked tonights season premiere show...it was really good!
And sexy Max is back!!

Old 09-24-2007, 10:15 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,415,087 times
A LOT of times those clothes actually have flesh-colored inserts...where you think you're seeing skin, it's actually flesh-colored cloth, just like what ice dancers wear. Hard to tell on TV.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:45 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times
If I had a body like some of the pro dancers on that show I'd dress like a tramp too Okay, not really... I don't think it's any worse than a ballet dancer with their tights (esp. the males who don't leave... eh hmm... much to the imagination.) But honestly, I'd rather that they put a bit more clothes on because I'm a prude.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 AM

484 posts, read 854,454 times
were can I find dresses like they wear? I have the body for it an would love to wear outfits like this when I visit Vegas and LA night clubs.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
I DO think that some of the outfits on that show are skimpy, even if the people are wearing bodysuits that are flesh-colored. But then again, I think that's just the direction our society is moving in.

Personally, I don't think I'd be comfortable dressed like that if i were to be in a dancing environment.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:16 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I DO think that some of the outfits on that show are skimpy, even if the people are wearing bodysuits that are flesh-colored. But then again, I think that's just the direction our society is moving in.

Personally, I don't think I'd be comfortable dressed like that if i were to be in a dancing environment.
I am with you.

I will admit, I grew up in a conservative (clothing wise) household. My mom was so funny about clothing rules.

But to be honest, even in my younger days, when I dresses fairly conservatively at the club, there was way too much sketchy/uncomfortable physical unwarranted contact. (Back then my club outfits were jeans and a nice top) I can't imagine what would happen if I wore a skimpy outfit.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:21 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am with you.

I will admit, I grew up in a conservative (clothing wise) household. My mom was so funny about clothing rules.

But to be honest, even in my younger days, when I dresses fairly conservatively at the club, there was way too much sketchy/uncomfortable physical unwarranted contact. (Back then my club outfits were jeans and a nice top) I can't imagine what would happen if I wore a skimpy outfit.
Yea, no kidding. The last time I went to a club (which was around a year ago), I saw a lot of girls with tiny shorts that had most of their butts hanging out, and with a tiny top. It made some of the Dancing with the Stars outfits look conservative in comparison!

I can't imagine the unwarranted contact if I were to wear a skimpy outfit out as well.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
They aren't "clothes"...they are COSTUMES! A bit of a difference!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:54 AM

442 posts, read 615,040 times
Costumes or clothes....I get the point of the OP.

Whether they have the flesh colored inserts or not.....giving the illusion of skimpiness doesn't always make for an attractive "costume".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty