U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 02:10 PM

9,459 posts, read 15,030,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelKate View Post
Marylee, yes it looks like the bag you posted, I really need to learn how to post photos! LOL it is funny to think that the bags from the 90's and early 00's are vintage in fashion terms.

Perhaps when I use my vintage purses I will refer to them as pocketbooks!
Put the cursor on the picture
right click once
a menu will appear---find copy -- then right click once

got to where you want the picture to be copied, position the cursor
right click once
a menu will appear, find paste then left click on paste once
the url will paste in the spot the cursor is

This learning moment brought to you by my 18-year old son!

Happy clicking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Wow, Kate, I wish I had your energy! I switch out every few weeks.

It's barely 50F here so I'm holding off on the white until next week when it will be in the 70s-80s.

This is what my Aunt taught me:

Have a basket or small container on the dresser. Every night, clean out your purse. dump all your every day items, those you will reuse, into the basket. Have another container you put your receipts into, to review later. Have a coin jar for the loose coins. have a jar to put pens, pencils, etc. Throw away any trash.

Then, decide which purse you will use the next day, and fill it with the items from the "daily" basket.
If not using the same purse, stuff the purse with tissue, put inside an old pillow case, and put in the drawer.

^^^^

I just carry the same purse until it leaks!

Old 05-23-2015, 07:03 PM

18,890 posts, read 12,498,870 times
I have enjoyed this thread about our purses/bags. I have not carried a white purse in maybe 40 years. I think long ago I didn't like that they got dirty over time. I have carried light colored ones, but not white. I don't buy white shoes either.

I don't change out my bags often. I usually carry one bag more or less all season, then switch when the season switches. I tend to use the same bags for several years.

I never cared for the bags with loads of hardware on them. I can't carry a really small bag. I need too much stuff.

When I found Fossil bags, I knew them as my favorites. I own four now. Two of them are big enough to be travel bags, and I regret that I can't carry them very often. I like ordering from Fossil directly. I also bought a sale wallet that way.

I wish some of you would share sites where you find bags at cheap prices. Thanks in advance for that.

Cheers!

Old 05-23-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I have enjoyed this thread about our purses/bags. I have not carried a white purse in maybe 40 years. I think long ago I didn't like that they got dirty over time. I have carried light colored ones, but not white. I don't buy white shoes either.

I don't change out my bags often. I usually carry one bag more or less all season, then switch when the season switches. I tend to use the same bags for several years.

I never cared for the bags with loads of hardware on them. I can't carry a really small bag. I need too much stuff.

When I found Fossil bags, I knew them as my favorites. I own four now. Two of them are big enough to be travel bags, and I regret that I can't carry them very often. I like ordering from Fossil directly. I also bought a sale wallet that way.

I wish some of you would share sites where you find bags at cheap prices. Thanks in advance for that.

Cheers!
6pm.com

I got an Ivanka Trump $150 purse for ~ $30

Old 05-23-2015, 09:59 PM

Just bought a nice Kipling bag from Macy's.

I've never bought that brand, but I found a great sale today. It was ~$80, with markdown and coupon, came to $35! Its a medium size, nylon-type crossbody, this one is multi-color, has a little monkey as the key pull. Very lightweight and pretty!

Old 05-24-2015, 07:41 AM

983 posts, read 697,362 times
I dont carry a purse. All i need is my phone and keys. If I am driving then I need my wallet which I leave hidden in the car if I am not going to buy something. I feel tied down by a purse and am more likely to be a crime victim (purse snatching) if I am carrying one.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:51 AM

8,613 posts, read 7,818,259 times
Eek, MLee, do all that every night? Not a chance! Besides, my dresser looks like a bomb went off on it, way too much clutter! I envy the discipline of your aunt!

I change them out every three to four weeks.

When I grab my bag I can be confident that I will be able to meet almost every emergency. I only use my vehicle 1-2x a week, so not leaving anything in it.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:20 AM

2,456 posts, read 2,440,974 times
I've also enjoyed this thread. Purses have always been a frustration for me and I'm on a life-long search for the perfect one. I own many but use few. It has to be a shoulder bag, but cross-body are usually too small. The interior has to be light-colored so I can see what's inside. Interior pockets - one tiny pocket won't do. Six are desirable. I did finally order one of those interior organizers with several pockets that you can switch from bag to bag so maybe that will solve the problem. I'll soon find out!

For winter I prefer a leather purse, vintage Coach is my go-to. And in summer cloth bags are my favorite. I discovered vintage Vera Bradley bags are available on eBay in designs that aren't as wild as current ones. And they have lots of pockets! Here's one I'm currently using.

Handbag Chat........what are you carrying now?-image.jpg

Old 05-24-2015, 09:21 AM

9,018 posts, read 7,953,736 times
I've never been into purses or labels, being a minimalist

What I am carrying at the moment however is a rally cute light purse
that has a huge heart on the front-
with the word MEH in the center.

That's my philosophy

Old 05-25-2015, 04:19 PM

8,613 posts, read 7,818,259 times
^^^ LOL too cute!!!!!!!!!

Still debating on the white tote......commitment is so difficult
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or