U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 06:16 PM

55 posts, read 31,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
The comfort is in the Angle of the sole.

The more acute the angle, ie, 6 inch heel with no platform, the less comfortable.
I do not think I ever saw a shoe that high with no platform. It looked like the women i saw at lunch that had what I think was a 4 inch heel . And from the side it looked like her leg or ankle went strait to her toes it was very steep of an angle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 06:20 PM

8,226 posts, read 8,509,792 times
Uncomfortable. Painful. Unstable.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:36 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,371,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2523 View Post
I do not think I ever saw a shoe that high with no platform. It looked like the women i saw at lunch that had what I think was a 4 inch heel . And from the side it looked like her leg or ankle went strait to her toes it was very steep of an angle.
4 inches is not that high, I wear 4 inches.

Yes you can get 5-6 inch pumps, think Marilyn Monroe. Or these:

http://www.lollicouture.com/shoes-he...on-leofab.html - the platform is only 1/2 inch and the heel is 5 inch so that brings total heel to 4.5 inches.

These are actual 6 inchers...hubba hubba....Id kill to be able to walk in these...
http://www.bananashoes.com/ellie-sho...urt-shoes.html

I admire women who can walk in these and I've often noticed very short women in them...perhaps to appear taller, or perhaps their lower centre of gravity helps.

Sounds like your lady was in some 6 inchers.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:10 PM

5,753 posts, read 3,193,142 times
I am 5'2" tall and I wear 4" heels at work otherwise I wouldn't be able to see over my computer when taking care of a customer. My b/f says that when he's driving behind me it looks like nobody is driving my car because he can't see my head.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:15 PM

13,438 posts, read 24,226,897 times
I saw these the other day and I'm still laughing. Yup, men walking in heels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgT4xG1FGd4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgFzSCPoW00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLrcKus-CYw

Old 05-07-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
4 inches is not that high, I wear 4 inches.

Yes you can get 5-6 inch pumps, think Marilyn Monroe. Or these:

LEOPARD OPEN TOE OPEN BACK HEEL DESIGN HIGH HEEL,Women's Heels-Sexy Heels,High Heels Pumps,6 Inch Heels,High Heels Shoes,Heels and Pumps,Platform Heels,Stiletto Heel,Fashion Heels,Prom Heels,6 Inch High Heels,Party Heels At LolliCouture - the platform is only 1/2 inch and the heel is 5 inch so that brings total heel to 4.5 inches.

These are actual 6 inchers...hubba hubba....Id kill to be able to walk in these...
Ellie Shoes Stiletto 8260 Black and Red | BananaShoes

I admire women who can walk in these and I've often noticed very short women in them...perhaps to appear taller, or perhaps their lower centre of gravity helps.

Sounds like your lady was in some 6 inchers.
Those shoes are crazy high. I don't think they were that high but I am no expert.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am 5'2" tall and I wear 4" heels at work otherwise I wouldn't be able to see over my computer when taking care of a customer. My b/f says that when he's driving behind me it looks like nobody is driving my car because he can't see my head.
And you last all day in them ? What is the angle of your leg and ankle in your 4 inch heels ? The lady I saw looked like the front of her leg went strait to her toes. No real angle.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
That is just odd. But funny at the same time.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:54 PM
JL

7,312 posts, read 11,484,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Wearing heels is a learned skill....like learning to ride a bike. You can usually tell who isn't used to wearing them. And a womans center of gravity is a bit different then a mans. Men just aren't built to wear those "women engineered" high heels.
The men, will wobble all over the place.
So a woman who has learned how to wear heels will never have problems with it again even if she hadn't worn a pair in years? Also, what about dancing in them? If a woman is used to wearing heels, then she wouldn't have problems dancing in them too right?

Old 05-07-2015, 08:21 PM

5,753 posts, read 3,193,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2523 View Post
And you last all day in them ? What is the angle of your leg and ankle in your 4 inch heels ? The lady I saw looked like the front of her leg went strait to her toes. No real angle.
You get used to wearing them. I can dance salsa, rumba and samba in 4" heels all night long. If I am working the first class ticket counter I can stand on a little platform that the building maintenance guys built for me ( in my stocking feet) and a couple of the other shorties. One of the girls I work with is only 4'10" so whoever starts their shift first gets the platform. Lol Also... hefting a 70 pound suitcase from the counter to the bag belt can be real interesting.
Now 6" heels... I look like a baby giraffe who's just learning to walk for the first time, and if I did try wearing them for any length of time would probably end up on my butt more than on my feet. A girl could bust an ankle wearing those things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty