U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 04:11 PM

16,493 posts, read 17,525,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I feel very sexy and womanly ... my butt gets pushed out and looks great. Guys start staring, because I walk very feminine.

Then the back pain sets in and if I am having a really bad day, I even get ankle cramps and start limping.

You had me at cramps, the limping is just icing on the cake. Why do women do that to themselves? Freaking torture devices

Personally imo walking in high heels looks painful. I knowxwgen my wife used to wear them I was akways giving her foot and calf massages
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 07:05 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,243,193 times
Default No more shoe talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2523 View Post
Now that is a lot of technical info. Maybe your right about that stuff.
Snort snort

Old 05-08-2015, 07:26 PM

3,797 posts, read 2,797,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
haha--flip flops for work! Really? I guess that's Florida. IDK, maybe parts of LA are the same way.
You would be surprised, in Boston flip-flops were worn to/from/at work by many, many women in office jobs.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:10 PM

5,739 posts, read 3,185,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2523 View Post
I see your point. I am 6'1 and i have to lean down to talk to shorter people now and then.

My b/f is 6'5" and picks me up a lot.... for kissing and grabbing things off the higher shelves. He says he's gonna turn into a hunch back!

Old 05-08-2015, 08:51 PM

7,778 posts, read 9,611,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
My b/f is 6'5" and picks me up a lot.... for kissing and grabbing things off the higher shelves. He says he's gonna turn into a hunch back!
My brother is 6' 5" and he wouldn't date a girl shorter than 5' 7", which turned out to be the height of the woman he married.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:39 PM

5,739 posts, read 3,185,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
My brother is 6' 5" and he wouldn't date a girl shorter than 5' 7", which turned out to be the height of the woman he married.

Well... He doesn't want to marry me nor I him so...... It's all good!

Old 05-08-2015, 10:45 PM

13,492 posts, read 11,034,499 times
I think women look hot in high heels!

Especially in these!

Old 05-09-2015, 01:50 AM

2,268 posts, read 2,212,966 times
Speaking as a male:

If a woman has any kind of esthetic / visual / sensual appeal to her at all (even a modicum), I'll notice it. I'm more concerned about the woman's overall comfort, welfare and well-being. A woman shouldn't have to feel she has to pander to myself and other males and, in the process, make herself very physically uncomfortable and hurting and risking her safety and well-being in the process.

Some women have said "it makes my butt stick out" (in an appealing way). Trust me, my dear females, if you have any semblance of a body shape and even a modicum or hint of buttocks, I'll notice it and can use my imagination as to what it would look like if it stuck out more (in fact, when you sit down or bend over even a bit, I'll be able to take note of your buttocks in that same manner as if you were wearing high heels. I'd rather that you, for your own sakes, be comfortable and not risk your health nor your safety. I imagine it must be quite challenging to spend your whole day in the world outside your homes having to cope with getting through the day wearing high heels. You really, really don't need to. That is, any man with unhindered perception should be able to take note of your particular feminine attributes that the wearing of high heels would make stand out more without you having to put yourself through getting about while walking on stilts.

But, in the end, it's your life and your bodies to do with as you deem fit . . . of course.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:12 AM

55 posts, read 31,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I think women look hot in high heels!

Especially in these!
Lets hope that it does not become a new trend. At least I hope it doesn't .

Old 05-10-2015, 04:41 AM

2,731 posts, read 1,956,946 times
Uncomfortable, I don't use them. Painfull to toes, painful to ankles, dangerous to muscles, twistes leg and toes. Hard to walk, hurts knees too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty