U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 04:18 PM

15,747 posts, read 11,767,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2523 View Post
Funny you should say that. I always park kind of far for that exact reason. And my dates never say anything about it.
how polite. Look at their faces, are there any signs of tears in their eyes? It's not because you are so hot, it is because they are in pain!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 04:22 PM

15,747 posts, read 11,767,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2523 View Post
Conventions must have been tough. All that walking all day must have been hard. Luckly You must have been in a lower heel.
I did conventions, too, but I was allowed to wear low heels. Not sure if I would have survived in high heels for 12+ hours/day.

I did some catalogue modeling and I sometimes didn't even fit into the picture with heels, I had to sit, lay down or bend over. I was taller as the fake background they had me stand in front of. Maybe they were just amateurs, hahhaha

Old 05-07-2015, 04:23 PM

55 posts, read 31,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
how polite. Look at their faces, are there any signs of tears in their eyes? It's not because you are so hot, it is because they are in pain!
I will keep this in mind next time ..

Old 05-07-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I did conventions, too, but I was allowed to wear low heels. Not sure if I would have survived in high heels for 12+ hours/day.

I did some catalogue modeling and I sometimes didn't even fit into the picture with heels, I had to sit, lay down or bend over. I was taller as the fake background they had me stand in front of. Maybe they were just amateurs, hahhaha
The car shows have the models in sneakers or low heel shoes. But i do remember the Mercedes Benz area the models all had high heels on.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:39 PM

1,937 posts, read 1,161,511 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgT4xG1FGd4

Men trying on heels.

I never had a problem walking in heels when I was younger. Finding ones that fit was harder since I've always had wide feet. I haven't worn a pair in 15+ years now though. I'm much more interested in comfort than style.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgT4xG1FGd4

Men trying on heels.

I never had a problem walking in heels when I was younger. Finding ones that fit was harder since I've always had wide feet. I haven't worn a pair in 15+ years now though. I'm much more interested in comfort than style.
That is just to odd. Those shoes are made for women.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:54 PM

17,599 posts, read 21,783,211 times
I've worn them since I was in my late teens. I have long legs and they just make them look longer. I feel sexy and feminine in them and they don't bother my back or feet.

Pet peeve? Hi heels and shorts...just no.

But with a nice pencil skirt? Big yes.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rita v View Post
I did a lot of convention modeling when I was younger, then throughout college. I graduated last year, and am now working in an office. I wear heels every day to work, because my feet literally hurt without them. All the years I spent long hours in high heels molded my foot to arch, and so now when I wear flipflops to the beach, it hurts a lot, which is a problem. :/. I think heels make me more graceful, in that I am aware of where I am steping, and what I might be stepping on, though it's not consciously in the fron of my brain.
You mean your foot is pointed down like if it was in a shoe ? What heel hight do you have to wear to be comfortable ?

Last edited by Mike2523; 05-07-2015 at 06:17 PM..

Old 05-07-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I've worn them since I was in my late teens. I have long legs and they just make them look longer. I feel sexy and feminine in them and they don't bother my back or feet.

Pet peeve? Hi heels and shorts...just no.

But with a nice pencil skirt? Big yes.
Maybe the women who feel uncomfortable in heels are talking about a very high heel 5 or 6 inches. Or like what some other person said. You have to wear the shoes a lot to get used to them.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:16 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,371,776 times
The comfort is in the Angle of the sole.

The more acute the angle, ie, 6 inch heel with no platform, the less comfortable.

This is why platforms are so popular, you get the leg lengthening effect of a 6 inch with 2 inches saved where the platform is.

I would say that weight is balanced evenly on the toe and the heel.

A wedge heel is more comfortable again, but personally I prefer a spike heel. Wedges just don't do it for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty