Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 11:23 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times

Advertisements

Havent worn a pair of heels in years but i do recall the first time i tried a pair on my sis got so mad that i had no problems walking. i think shes still somewhat upset about that lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 01:29 PM

625 posts, read 623,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Wearing heels is a learned skill....like learning to ride a bike. You can usually tell who isn't used to wearing them. And a womans center of gravity is a bit different then a mans. Men just aren't built to wear those "women engineered" high heels.
The men, will wobble all over the place.
You obviously have never watched a drag queen sing & dance. They can work a 5 or 6 inch heel like no woman except a stripper on a pole. Or so I've heard. Haha.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:45 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,894,483 times
I never have to think or concentrate on walking in heels, except for one situation:

When I am wearing high heels that are very narrow/pointy, like "spike" heels, a few times, I stepped on the crack in a sidewalk and the heel got jammed in the crack and I walked right out of my shoe! I can generally run, walk, skip, whatever in heels, just like I'm in sneakers, so I got used to not paying attention to where I put my feet down. Most sidewalk cracks aren't even a factor, but in a few places where I've had to go for work, like some places at Rutgers University, their sidewalks are spaced perfectly to "trap" my heels.

I don't go to big cities much, but there is also a problem with not being able to walk over grates on city sidewalks, in Philly or NYC, because your thin heels will go through one of the holes.

But apart from that, when I wear heels, I don't even think about them.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:57 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
How does it feel? Uncomfortable, but you get used to it. Other women have correctly pointed out that heels are very bad for the health of your feet and back, which is why I wear them only rarely now, and always, always with a thick heel.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:05 PM

55 posts, read 43,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I've always had disproportionately long legs, and with heels, it's like a trick of nature. I was digging through a box of photos at my mom and dad's a while ago, and came across a pic of me and my homecoming date my senior year of HS, and between the short, cocktail number I was wearing and heels, I have the legs of an amazon warrior princess. I'm pretty tall to begin with, and short-waisted, so fairly leggy. Heels tend to exaggerate that to almost cartoonish proportions.
I do not think any man would have a problem with you having long legs. I thought that was something women want.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
You obviously have never watched a drag queen sing & dance. They can work a 5 or 6 inch heel like no woman except a stripper on a pole. Or so I've heard. Haha.
I never thought of that.. But I bet they wear those platform shoes so they do not deal with a high heel. I never understood the platform shoe. It defeats the purpose of making a womens feet look smaller and makes them walk kind of stiff legged or something.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I never have to think or concentrate on walking in heels, except for one situation:

When I am wearing high heels that are very narrow/pointy, like "spike" heels, a few times, I stepped on the crack in a sidewalk and the heel got jammed in the crack and I walked right out of my shoe! I can generally run, walk, skip, whatever in heels, just like I'm in sneakers, so I got used to not paying attention to where I put my feet down. Most sidewalk cracks aren't even a factor, but in a few places where I've had to go for work, like some places at Rutgers University, their sidewalks are spaced perfectly to "trap" my heels.

I don't go to big cities much, but there is also a problem with not being able to walk over grates on city sidewalks, in Philly or NYC, because your thin heels will go through one of the holes.

But apart from that, when I wear heels, I don't even think about them.
Thanks Tracy for your input. Was it like that when you first started to wear high heels ?

Old 05-07-2015, 02:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2523 View Post
So what go's on in the mind of a women wearing high heels?
"Don't step on a grate. Don't step on a grate. Don't step on a grate. Aw, damn, COBBLESTONES."

Old 05-07-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Havent worn a pair of heels in years but i do recall the first time i tried a pair on my sis got so mad that i had no problems walking. i think shes still somewhat upset about that lol.
That's funny..ha ha ha

Old 05-07-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
"Don't step on a grate. Don't step on a grate. Don't step on a grate. Aw, damn, COBBLESTONES."

So I guess you do think about every step you take while in heels. I never thought about things like grates or cobble stones. This thread is so interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty