U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 08:31 AM

2,731 posts, read 1,956,946 times

Advertisements

Sexual Violence Myths: Provocative Clothing Is A Risk Factor - ConsentEd

Here is a link

What comes to her clothing I repeat myself, I think it is unpleasant flashing to show too much. Impolite toward other people. There is nothing wrong in nipples but serving them for everyones eyes does not take consider that viewer might not want to see anyones nipples (or other parts).

Also

"studies of rapists suggest that victim attire is not a significant factor. Instead, rapists look for signs of passiveness and submissiveness, which, studies suggest, are more likely to coincide with more body-concealing clothing."
Does provocative clothing protect women against rape? | Club Troppo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 05:42 PM

16,494 posts, read 17,525,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliatenn View Post
I mean do you consider a woman who wears mini skirt a "*****"? Do mini skirts attract too much attention and can get woman raped? Is it inappropriate clothing?

If she has the body legs and azz for a miniskirt I have no problem with that.
I think the miniskirt can attract unwanted attention in some cases.
I don't know if a miniskirt will be a deciding factor or even a factor if some psycho wants to rape a woman.
It can be inappropriate depending in the setting

Old 05-12-2015, 06:02 PM

72,716 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Quote:
I mean do you consider a woman who wears mini skirt a "*****"? Do mini skirts attract too much attention and can get woman raped? Is it inappropriate clothing?
You can compromise, OP. I wear skorts. They look better than shorts, and you don't have to worry about them revealing to much. win-win!

Old 05-13-2015, 01:03 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,143,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I don't care if a woman walks down the street buck a-- naked ... it's not an invitation nor permission to sexually violate her.
Thank you We need more men like you

Old 05-13-2015, 05:40 AM

11,882 posts, read 10,526,479 times
Why would wearing a mini skirt be "bad" ? This is America, not Dehli. Men are far more refined in developed countries.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:35 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,537,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Thank you We need more men like you
Well, I'm a woman, but thanks

Old 05-13-2015, 12:13 PM

2,731 posts, read 1,956,946 times
Quote:
Well, I'm a woman, but thanks

The only hope that women had never even exist

(I am joking, there are men who speak up against rape elsewhere)

Old 05-13-2015, 12:49 PM

4,981 posts, read 5,455,906 times
Mini skirts are inappropriate in most public venues and almost all work places (not "all").

In general, dresses and skirts should hit a little above the knee to allow modesty but free movement. Long dresses should be avoided, unless it's evening wear for an event or there is another specific reason for them.

Mini skirts may be worn to private parties or events where they are culturally acceptable. Hollywood parties would be one example.

I'm a nasty old lady on this topic because I've had to teach youngsters about work-appropriate clothing, which gets harder and harder to find every year. The fabric is getting thinner and much of what I consider evening wear is now worn during the daytime.

That still doesn't make it acceptable in a conservative law or state office.

Yes, you have a right to dress how you want, but if you want to be taken seriously at many jobs and win a promotion, you can't dress like a skank.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:12 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
Quote:
that is like saying that going to a bar is reason for a woman to be raped. I personally think it just a style and often say more about the persons standards just like way men dress. No matter what one thinks society will decide standards and societies vary. For example; a prostitute dresses the way most do for a specific effect; plain and simple. If you dress like one do not be surprised if people wander about your reason .

Old 05-13-2015, 01:16 PM

781 posts, read 566,205 times
Quote:
Miniskirts do not get women raped. Violent a$$holes with no impulse control get women raped.
I thought it was a lack of rape "awareness" that got women raped? Or is it patriarchy or rape culture maybe? I don't keep up with the latest nonsense from the social justice warrior loonies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty