Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 01:17 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post

but if you want to be taken seriously at many jobs and win a promotion, you can't dress like a skank.
It could be asked why someone takes the power to set mini skirt carrier into some "lower" category just because of dressing. It is sexism, it is treating people poorly by own prejudices.

Why women with mini skirts at jobs are not appreciated? There is no reason for that, there is no study which proves they would be bad workers just because their shorter skirts.

Why there is so much sexual abusing at work? Not because of dressing but because often sexist men takes the power over women one way or the other and sexual offending or controlling , picking and pointing dressing is their method to keep women in lower level.

It is not women, it is not dressing, it is immature sexist people who treat people badly because their clothes.

It is not just mini skirt but "how fashionable you are" , "how expensive your clothes are", what fake settings about color to use or not together etc. It is all humbug. "Forms" are nothing but humbug.

It is sad to be a woman and get controlled by dressing style. It is dresscism according to racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 01:22 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,606,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
It is sad to be a woman and get controlled by dressing style. It is dresscism according to racism.
Yes, but it's the reality in many conservative offices in the US.

This thread is about mini skirts, but if men wore their pants low so that a lot of their underwear was showing, they would face similar problems in the same situations.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:26 PM

781 posts, read 736,642 times
Quote:
It could be asked why someone takes the power to set mini skirt carrier into some "lower" category just because of dressing. It is sexism, it is treating people poorly by own prejudices.

Why women with mini skirts at jobs are not appreciated? There is no reason for that, there is no study which proves they would be bad workers just because their shorter skirts.

Why there is so much sexual abusing at work? Not because of dressing but because often sexist men takes the power over women one way or the other and sexual offending or controlling , picking and pointing dressing is their method to keep women in lower level.

It is not women, it is not dressing, it is immature sexist people who treat people badly because their clothes.

It is not just mini skirt but "how fashionable you are" , "how expensive your clothes are", what fake settings about color to use or not together etc. It is all humbug. "Forms" are nothing but humbug.

Well actually no. Humans are just primates, and primates are tribal. They always organize into social hierarchies by one standard or another. One could possibly argue the standards are arbitrary but all "tribes" or groups of humans have and will always have rules for everything from behavior to clothing to hair; and conformity will be enforced in our "tribes". Complain about it, and come up with nonsense terms like "dresscism" all you want, but we humans will always be this way. If not mini-skirts then some other seemingly random arbitrary thing.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
Yes, but it's the reality in many conservative offices in the US.

This thread is about mini skirts, but if men wore their pants low so that a lot of their underwear was showing, they would face similar problems in the same situations.
No. I have been working in different places always dressed very formal, never shown a thing yet I have been treated poorly by men. Breasts and butt touching , unappreciated talks etc. Heck once I had wellington boots when this happened!

Society needs to change and views of women needs to change.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
Well actually no. Humans are just primates, and primates are tribal. They always organize into social hierarchies by one standard or another. One could possibly argue the standards are arbitrary but all "tribes" or groups of humans have and will always have rules for everything from behavior to clothing to hair; and conformity will be enforced in our "tribes". Complain about it, and come up with nonsense terms like "dresscism" all you want, but we humans will always be this way. If not mini-skirts then some other seemingly random arbitrary thing.
No. That is just part of people who are doing that. There is no one type of "human nature", there is lot of type of people. If you have a desire to controll others under your power and under your system you need to change. I am a human too and I have a "we-group" where "we" are against this type of sexist type of thinking from earlier old-fart ages. And I know everything changes during time, people becomes more civil day after day. It is time to stop that controlling and putting women down- humbug

Last edited by soUlwounD; 05-13-2015 at 02:35 PM..

Old 05-13-2015, 01:58 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:

Love ya, Soulwound, but I have to disagree. It's not that they're bad workers. It's that revealing clothing can be a distraction for other workers, and that applies to men, too. I've posted before about when an office I worked in hired a student whose chest hair peeked above the top of his T-shirt. I suddenly gained an appreciation for collared shirts and ties. The tie cinches everything up, so nary a hair can escape, lol! So imagine how distracting a low-cut top on a woman could be. And apparently, legs are very distracting, too, for some guys. So a longer skirt length isn't such a bad thing, IMO. But I realize this is highly debatable.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Love ya, Soulwound, but I have to disagree. It's not that they're bad workers. It's that revealing clothing can be a distraction for other workers, and that applies to men, too. I've posted before about when an office I worked in hired a student whose chest hair peeked above the top of his T-shirt. I suddenly gained an appreciation for collared shirts and ties. The tie cinches everything up, so nary a hair can escape, lol! So imagine how distracting a low-cut top on a woman could be. And apparently, legs are very distracting, too, for some guys. So a longer skirt length isn't such a bad thing, IMO. But I realize this is highly debatable.
No.

People cannot control others basic on their personal arousings. I don't like to see women or men wearing too less but I can control my self from vomitting of disgust and choosing to not saying rude things for them. I can control myself from handling the people that I would want to handle.

Because I think some guys with delicious butts wearing jeans distract and seduce me, world should deny delicious male butts in jeans from public places.

Because our cityhall has a male worker with too awesome eyes that I cannot talk he should wear sunglasses.

You cannot exist because I cannot control my arousings??? You cannot exist because I cannot control my disgust???

I said earlier I don't like to see people flashing themselves, it is very impolite and unpleasant.

But in a world of various fetishes, sexual interests, looks preferences, sexual orientations etc. "we" cannot put people inside a sack and wish they don't "distract" anyone.

It is sadly the same thing in person which causes school bullying. Mocker or a group of mockers are "distracted" by victims ears, teeth, clothes, dialect, or what ever and they start to abuse the victim.

So people should stop this crap and grow up and control themselves.

Last edited by soUlwounD; 05-14-2015 at 02:39 AM..

Old 05-14-2015, 03:55 AM

1 posts, read 848 times
Recently I have bought a Leather Mini skirt with $129 for party for my daughter. If I think it's inappropriate clothing then I never buy it for my daughter. Everyone has the freedom to wear on their own choice.
http://kolossalleather.com/media/cat.../_/1_1_172.jpg

Old 05-14-2015, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscararean View Post
Recently I have bought a Leather Mini skirt with $129 for party for my daughter. If I think it's inappropriate clothing then I never buy it for my daughter. Everyone has the freedom to wear on their own choice.
So I can wrap myself into your daughters skin? Fyi not in sexual matter but the question of using someones skin as clothing --> cows and cows daughters and leather industry.

Now when there is a picture what makes that skirt or legs or her style inappropriate or sexual?

Some guys run around like this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...6f556823d9.jpg

and they are not advertised as prostitutes or free to rape. He has no even a shirt on and his nipples are available. What about couples where a guy like his nipples to get pleased and woman is into it too? Just think that horror of pale man nipples at summer time and those womens sexual desires and needs.

What is really wrong with this double standardic world? Stop keeping double standards up.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:35 AM

Man well dressed
http://thehotbodsquad.com/wp-content...asic-jeans.jpg

woman "wants to get raped"
http://img.diytrade.com/smimg/205459...Jeans/b9b7.jpg

= double standard: Society fix yourself already, it is 2015 we know your bluff and discrimination of women.

For the second thought I might to start asking every guy who is walking without a shirt this summer if they want me to you know what their nipples. Maybe other women would join into my campaign too till everyone understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty