U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:09 AM

2 posts, read 1,535 times

Advertisements

Test of beauty varies from person to person. You have to admit that you cant be praised by each and everyone. But you can do one thing. Wear dresses that suit you best. Choose appropriate accessories matching with your dress. Most importantly be positive and be confident. There are more than 70 billion people in the world and have you ever thought that each and everyone is unique??? And each of everyone has the special something???? You have some unique talents that no one have!!!!. Remember, your personality represents your image and beauty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 06:33 AM

9,457 posts, read 16,404,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamBenton View Post
There are more than 70 billion people in the world .
I hope you meant 7 billion. . . .

Old 05-12-2015, 06:47 AM

2,223 posts, read 1,521,436 times
Before you get all twisted around this challange in your adult mental development, you may want to read about Narcissus which is the basis for narcissistic personalities.
There are more higher altruistic endeavors that you could be pursuing least you get trapped in the physical realm of outward beauty and turn into a Kardashian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_(mythology)

Old 05-12-2015, 06:53 AM

1,231 posts, read 976,302 times

You may not be everyone's cup of tea - but you're somebody's shot of Vodka. Believe it.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:30 AM

2,178 posts, read 1,720,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2523 View Post
Everyone has there own idea of what is attractive. So it is hard to say what your issue is. Some people look like a million bucks but put them in front of a camera and they never take a good picture. Some people that do not have a perfect look can take a good picture. I am not sure why that is but it happens.
Since the thread's still going I'll respond.

That's definitely me! LoL I can't take a good selfie to save my life, my face always comes out weird. In person & in mirror I look so much better, haha.

Never had a problem with girls, just suck at selfies lol.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:31 AM

3,012 posts, read 1,809,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Some guys say "you are ugly" if you are not willing to give sex for them or please them (as they would be master of the worlds). So don't mind them. People who call others ugly are inside ugly. I am saying it does not mean you would be ugly in that matter, it could be just one insult among others. Have you seen what a bully culture this is? Don't take it into your heart, some people grew up to be mean. That does not mean they would be right.

Some people who don't get their way say "you are ugly".
Some men are bad for hooting, hollering and hitting on you in every way possible...then, when you turn them down, it's "You're ugly (or fat) anyway!!"

Uhh huhh...that's not what you were saying a minute ago when you were trying everything you could to get my number.

Anyway, OP, I wouldn't sweat it. "Are you attractive?" is not a "yes" or "no" answer. Be happy with who you are. If you feel self-conscious about the way that you look, then you should try to dress differently, do your hair differently, wear makeup, etc. Only do that for YOU, though, and not for anyone else.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:25 AM

2,178 posts, read 1,720,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I still find it difficult to understand. Maybe guys who are ugly will take anything they can get..but what about hot guys? It's very easy for them to get laid by beautiful women, so why settle for the unattractive ones?
I've seen some "not so attractive" girls with AMAZING bodies on more than one occasion. It hurts, lol.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:48 AM

2,601 posts, read 2,984,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Since the thread's still going I'll respond.

That's definitely me! LoL I can't take a good selfie to save my life, my face always comes out weird. In person & in mirror I look so much better, haha.

Never had a problem with girls, just suck at selfies lol.
Selfies take practice. It took me a long time to master it, lol. One problem with selfies is they generally look better if you flip them back to normal, which you can do with the Camera+ app. It opens up with my pictures now since updating my phone so I no longer have to import my pics to do it. It really does help, though. You just need to learn what lighting works best for you and what angles work best. I look like a total doofus depending on the angle; and in other pictures I look decent, almost like I'm a completely different person from the doofus pics.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:58 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,885,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Guys will have sex with anything. Being attractive is just a bonus Im sure.
That's a pretty broad generalization. Most guys' willingness to have sex with someone relates to his own self confidence, his own level of attractiveness, moral values, and motivations. I find it also highly correlates to how long it's been since he last had sex. But seriously, most guys won't go more than a notch below their own level of attractiveness (or their own perceived level of attractiveness).

Old 05-12-2015, 11:15 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,938,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Honestly, I'm way over 16, and it's just hard to understand that guys don't have standards.
I know *I* have standards, and I don't care how ugly or fat I am, I still deserve to have standards.
If I was not attracted, I did not want to sleep with them, period. To have slept with them would have been gross and just, yuck!
For many men...as long as she's able...it doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or