U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 10:20 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,825,101 times

Advertisements

Pink is a nice color. Brook Brothers has pink shirts for men. It goes very well with a navy suit. I have a coworker who wears them and it suits him quite well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 10:44 AM

2,736 posts, read 3,172,415 times
I love men in pink!

Old 05-15-2015, 11:21 AM

18,975 posts, read 10,040,378 times
Depends on their coloring, but pink is very flattering on some people. I think it looks great with a gray suit.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:44 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,939,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post

What are you views and opinions?

I read a discussion about this on the Art of Manliness blog.

Depends on the shirt-Nice crisply ironed Brooks Brothers oxford with the sleeves rolled up-yes. Pink skinny T-no Thanks.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:45 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,939,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRiteMA98 View Post
Pink is a nice color. Brook Brothers has pink shirts for men. It goes very well with a navy suit. I have a coworker who wears them and it suits him quite well.

I agree sexy and traditional.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:16 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,555,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNansea View Post
W hen my grandson was born, I only had a pink blanket at first to wrap around him while he was in the stroller. An elevator full of people made the usual new baby comments about "her." I explained he was a boy & already secure in his manhood.
So you're one of those people eh?

Pink blankets are for baby girls, it's as simple as that. Has nothing to do about insecurities with manhood or any of that new age nonsense. Pink is a girls color, has been and always will be. Why people like you feel the need to make an issue out of that is beyond me

Also, while some guys can pull off pink shirts, I still firmly believe they never belong on a straight man. I guess I'm just old school.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:40 PM

308 posts, read 272,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
So you're one of those people eh?

Pink blankets are for baby girls, it's as simple as that. Has nothing to do about insecurities with manhood or any of that new age nonsense. Pink is a girls color, has been and always will be. Why people like you feel the need to make an issue out of that is beyond me
Actually, that's not true. Blue and pink were not considered that particular combination of gender signifiers until shortly before WWI. In fact, if anything, it seems to have been the other way around.

See: www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/when-did-girls-start-wearing-pink-1370097/?no-ist=

And, "There has been a great diversity of debate on the subject, but the generally accepted rule is pink for the BOYS, and blue for the GIRLS (emphasis mine). The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl." From Lady's Home Journal, June 1918. See it here:

www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2009/dec/12/pinkstinks-the-power-of-pink

My own personal opinion is that, if the shade of pink goes well with a given person's complexion, I have no problem whatsoever with anyone--male or female--wearing it.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:47 PM

125 posts, read 86,292 times
Well I love pink and any guy who can wear a pretty pink shirt and still look manly is good in my book!!! I'm not talking about some frilly shirt I mean a macho pink shirt!!!

Old 05-15-2015, 01:26 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,410,382 times
Quote:

What are you views and opinions?

I read a discussion about this on the Art of Manliness blog.
I could care less, what I care a lot more about is that they act like gentleman 24/7/365 and not just on holidays.

Old 05-15-2015, 01:33 PM

72,664 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. My guess is, many women feel as you.

As a guy, I don't see the big deal. I have a pink shirt that I wear. Some guys are conditioned to think pink is for girls. That's no more true than saying blue is for boys.
Liberate yourself! Break free of conditioning, especially other people's. Pink is the new blue for men. There's a teller at my bank who wears some kind of purple or magenta shirt with his suit--VERY yummy! Get jiggy with color!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty