U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 01:11 PM

21,466 posts, read 22,713,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Hmmm, I learned something today. I never knew that COLORS could have a sexuality.

So if pink is "gay", then are there "heterosexual" colors too?
Or is "gay" pink a specific shade, and if so, is there a "straight" pink?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 01:21 PM

9,316 posts, read 17,961,653 times
"Gay", not that long ago, meant happy and blithe, so I guess it would be a happy pink? Or the pink part of a rainbow.

Other than taking over one of the more jolly words in our lexicon, they've also commandeered rainbows away from the use of the general public without getting questions raised. I don't care who they sleep with, but I'm pretty miffed at them as a general group for swiping rainbows.

But, the question at hand is how specific is a color to a gender, not to group of folks with a specific sexual orientation.

Personally, I like pink, although it's not a shade I can wear much myself. We do have some men folks around here who wear it and look great in it, though.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:40 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,889,185 times
I love a man in a pink shirt, especially if he's a good-looking guy. Not only is it nice to see a man in a color different from the usual browns, black, navy and grays that men wear, but a man wearing a pink shirt tells me that he's a man confident enough in his masculinity to wear it.

Just yesterday, I complimented a co-worker on his pink shirt. He laughed, and said that he'd felt "brave" that morning. I guess men need to feel courageous to wear a pink shirt, idk.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:53 PM

3,012 posts, read 1,813,022 times
Doesn't really matter either way. I think those light pink polo shirts look really nice on some guys. I tried to buy one for my husband once but he wouldn't go for it.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:13 PM

15,365 posts, read 8,036,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Doesn't really matter either way. I think those light pink polo shirts look really nice on some guys. I tried to buy one for my husband once but he wouldn't go for it.
Smart guy, I don't care of every woman in the world likes pink shirt guys, I'm passing on wearing them.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:47 PM

102 posts, read 150,757 times
I don't mind it. My boyfriend thinks guys that wear pink are "gay" or "tools". I think more men look down on it and most women don't care.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:27 PM

9 posts, read 7,485 times
I don't care. It's just a color and colors aren't gendered. I think you should wear shades that work well with your coloring. If pink looks good on you then wear it. If it looks bad on you and you still want to wear it, then wear it anyways.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:29 PM

1,723 posts, read 3,181,015 times
I won't wear pink because I really detest the color, but I have no issues with men who wear pink. It's just a color.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:40 PM

2,442 posts, read 1,798,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Hmmm, I learned something today. I never knew that COLORS could have a sexuality.

So if pink is "gay", then are there "heterosexual" colors too?

Close-mindedness at its finest.
No, pink is trademarked for breast cancer. Rainbows are gay. Purple is schizophrenia, or is it prematurity? It's hard to keep it all straight sometimes...

Old 05-16-2015, 07:43 PM

17,579 posts, read 21,763,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
No differently than I feel about men wearing blue shirts, green shirts, orange shirts, or any other color shirts.

This. Pink looks good on many men. Depends upon the man and the shirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty