U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 09:59 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,587,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
She's not large enough for those kinds of problems. She can fit in the seat at the movie theater or the airplane seat. And I'm sure she can reach everywhere on her body to clean herself. Right now, I'm smaller than she is but at one point I was much larger. I'll tell you from personal experience that it was possible to do everything when I was about 300lbs...fit in chairs, run with my kids, go down the slide, jump rope, fit in the seats at the movie theater (even the small seats before they all started getting the oversize seats that recline), etc.
She's 5'3, and slightly bigger than my ex- which puts her about 220-45 pounds, my ex is 5'4, wieghs about 220, and wears a size 16 in pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Status: "A delicate snowflake with the vote of a wolverine." (set 10 days ago)

13,302 posts, read 7,502,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Who considers models "role models?" I don't. They're human clothes hangers.

Tess calls herself "fat." I don't think she's trying to convince anyone that she's not fat. She exists the way she exists. Just because she's making money as a model doesn't mean she is recommending that other people emulate her. That's the way I see it, anyway. She's certainly not saying, "Being fat is SO much better than NOT being fat." She is simply modeling clothing for a size of person who hasn't really been considered until now. She doesn't deserve the hatred that she gets from online trolls, that's for sure. Some of the comments posted on her page are just downright evil. It's pretty sad.
But a lot of people do, particularly teenage girls. Part of the cause of eating disorders is the constant exposure of the modeling industry's promotion of unhealthy body types being the ideal for women. It isn't hard for girls and women to make that mental connection, even if it's illogical. A woman, whatever she weighs, is dressed up in beautiful clothing and makeup and is chosen from among thousands of other women to model whatever item in a cutthroat industry, making many thousands of dollars in the process. Her image is splashed all over commercials, magazines, and ads everywhere. Then the woman or girl begins to think that she should look the same way, and starts engaging in a variety of unhealthy behaviors to achieve this goal. Models are a lot more than mere clothes hangers, especially to younger women. Promoting the idea that girls can be successful as fat models isn't any healthier than promoting the idea that anorexia is good for them.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:11 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,081,348 times
I have to ask..........When was the last time she saw her feet, while standing up ?

Nuff said, right there. She`s a whale.

Jim B.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:17 AM

3,037 posts, read 2,354,500 times
i have no problem with plus size women modeling to inspire other plus size women but I don't think she looks healthy. Honestly I'm kind of sick of extremes-the super skinny b***** don't look good to me and neither do women that are obese, what happened to average healthy moderately fit looking woman? The women that wear between a size 4 and a size 10? I would love to see more of these women and less of the anorexic looking women and really overweight plus size models. I'm not plus size. I'm not stick thin. I don't wear a double digit but I also don't wear a size 2. I would love to see women that look like me-with curves, muscle, and within the healthy body weight range. I understand this whole plus size movement esp since the average woman is a size 12 and 14 but I still think that focusing on extremes in either direction isnt healthy. I wouldn't want my daughter(if I had one) to look like this woman. In fact I'd rather she be stick thin and healthy than morbidly obese and unhealthy looking. I don't think this woman is only a size 22. She looks much bigger than that...

Old 05-18-2015, 11:35 AM

5,470 posts, read 4,611,615 times
Everyone carries their weight differently. To those who are accusing her of lying about her size, someone can weigh 220 and wear a 16 (as one poster stated) and another at 220 is in a size 22 or larger. Depends how the weight is distributed.

She is showing a much more accurate view of what an outfit will look like on someone of similar size than a size 12 model wearing the same outfit. You may not think she is attractive, but she has every right to not feel the shame that many of think she should feel. It's her body, not yours.

I remember the hell Delta Burke was subjected to when she gained some weight. And she was gorgeous, thin and fat. She came out with her own line of clothing for plus-sized women, but unfortunately she didn't have to courage to use any model over size 14.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:42 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,568,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Well, as a self-proclaimed lover of big women, I'm extremely impressed - this BBW model is gorgeous. She has exactly the type of body type I like.
As a large woman myself, it's nice to see that not everyone jumps on the fat shaming bandwagon.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:43 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,568,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
And she sexy as eff!!!
You get a thumbs up too!

Old 05-18-2015, 11:56 AM

16,724 posts, read 13,774,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Anyone following her? Interesting story and photos.
I'm glad to see this. Everybody shames everybody else for one reason or another; the trick is how you yourself reacts to that shaming. I am fluffy and I don't care. I'm confident, funny, and good at my job; I don't care what anyone else thinks about me. I know who I am, and if you don't like something about me, you can go hang out with someone else.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:59 AM

16,724 posts, read 13,774,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
But I am not so sure 22 is an accurate size for her.
Yeah, I question that myself. I wear a 20W, 220/5'7". She looks much larger than me.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:05 PM

3,037 posts, read 2,354,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
I have to ask..........When was the last time she saw her feet, while standing up ?

Nuff said, right there. She`s a whale.

Jim B.
Lmao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty