U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 02:52 PM

14,658 posts, read 29,728,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Kinkytoes, seriously, come on now. I can see the whole context of this mother, the bone structure, her eyes, it makes me want to know her whole history. What was she like when she was young? What kind of life/hobbies/work did she do? She hasn't had any surgery, consider older actresses that have or take a look at some of the older actresses that were once beautiful that have completely changed. This mother is unusually beautiful. Period.
Exactly. Every age has it's own beauty - no one is going to look 20 forever, nor should they. This lovely lady has that wonderful patina that all fine things (including humans) acquire as they age. There is so much more beauty in a face like this, who hasn't altered with surgery or fillers, etc and is filled with wisdom and character. And Wildcard didn't claim her mother looked younger than her age, although to me she does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 03:11 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,157,166 times
Quote:
Kinkytoes, seriously, come on now. I can see the whole context of this mother, the bone structure, her eyes, it makes me want to know her whole history. What was she like when she was young? What kind of life/hobbies/work did she do? She hasn't had any surgery, consider older actresses that have or take a look at some of the older actresses that were once beautiful that have completely changed. This mother is unusually beautiful. Period.

Thank you~ My mother was a full time wife and mother, and artiest (oil painter) ... She lost many of her family members in the concentration camps, so she was basically a closet Jew when us kids were growing up, yet she taught us to all and be thankful , she always been adventures and let us kids explore and encourage us kids to live our dreams and own life's..Things have been hard, we lost a my sister Cindy 56, to a brief battle with pancreatic cancer in January, plus our dad been deathly ill for some time and not good, so she dealing with lost & losing a husband as well... . I love this pic because it caught a side of my mom I haven't seen, her inner-self, yet older but for brief second and flash of what and who she is within~~ "Strong"~

Old 05-26-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Exactly. Every age has it's own beauty - no one is going to look 20 forever, nor should they. This lovely lady has that wonderful patina that all fine things (including humans) acquire as they age. There is so much more beauty in a face like this, who hasn't altered with surgery or fillers, etc and is filled with wisdom and character. And Wildcard didn't claim her mother looked younger than her age, although to me she does.

Thank you~~

Old 05-26-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Your husband is probably off in the corner somewhere saying "YES YES YES!!!!" in knowing that you have genes that will make you continue to look great as you get older.

If I'm half the women my mother is I'll be bless...

Old 05-26-2015, 03:32 PM

My beautiful sister Cindy 56 and I...I was blessed to visited and spend Thanksgiving with her and our other sisters and parents , she was so sick here yet she wanted a pic with all of us sisters ..We lost her in January 5, 2015.. No I'm still not over it....

The whole family all my sister's and mom & dad.. A bitter goodbye~
Attached Thumbnails
Lets try this again.. What 79 looks like-92480125-1-.jpg   Lets try this again.. What 79 looks like-ring-2957.jpg  

Old 05-27-2015, 06:08 AM

253 posts, read 116,740 times
Thank you WildCard for sharing your story and pictures with us. Your mother has held strong through so many trials in life. No wonder her beauty is so transcending! You and your family are all very lovely. I am glad that you got that picture of Cindy and had that time together at Thanksgiving.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you WildCard for sharing your story and pictures with us. Your mother has held strong through so many trials in life. No wonder her beauty is so transcending! You and your family are all very lovely. I am glad that you got that picture of Cindy and had that time together at Thanksgiving.
Thank you Navy~~ It was a bittersweet time, since we were kids we've always taken a sisters pic, without saying it we all knew this was going to be our last with Cindy, she knew it and insisted on it!...That day and the memoirs will forever remain with me as I walked into Cindy bedroom and seeing my other sisters standing around, Cindy was sitting on the edge of the bed and her daughter was just finishing up and adjusting her mother wig with so much love and care and saying you ready mom?.....Broke my heart, this should've been the other-way around Cindy helping her daughter getting ready for a big date etc, and knowing my sister would never see her own children marry or enjoy grand-babies and my nephew & niece not having their mother there for these events just broke my heart.. It was so unreal, here we were living life and trying to be thankful we were all still together, yet knowing my sister was in the next room lying in bed and knowing she leavening it ~ This might take a lifetime ....

Old 05-31-2015, 09:39 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,532,157 times
Your father is a handsome man, too. Is he Native Indian?

Old 05-31-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Your father is a handsome man, too. Is he Native Indian?

Thank you~ He Portuguese, Italian and French..

Old 06-01-2015, 06:57 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,532,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Thank you~ He Portuguese, Italian and French..
My father was from Portugal. And looking at the photo again, I can see the lovely mix in all of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty