Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 12:50 AM

44 posts, read 41,905 times

Advertisements

Why do you feel annoy with that? The dyed hair is not always disgusting if that is done care and awareness and I think piercing is a kind of adornment of women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 07:33 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
How I regret getting those second piercings. I've tried, but they will NEVER grow in or disappear.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:01 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minougirl View Post
What's the point of going through the trouble to dye your hair, get a bunch of facial piercings, tattoos, etc.? I don't understand why people feel motivated enough to do so. It seems like a desperate cry for attention. People can do what they want. Some people say it's a way of "expressing themselves", but all this really expresses in my opinion is "I went through this trouble to look odd...so look at me!" And in some neighbourhoods, this is so common that it can't be attributed to a desire to be unique. What's so great about looking unique anyway?

Mind you, I come from a punk rock family, who shaved my head and forced me to go to school with a mohawk and full "hardcore regalia" for years. My dad pierced my septum when I was 6 as well. I come from a liberal, anarchist background. So it would seem that I would identify with the "alternative appearance" crowd more but I just don't get it. Can anyone help me understand?
If this is a real post your father should be ashamed for piercing a 6yos septum.

Really, it is in all likelihood that your are so affected by others appearance choices due to your own childhood. Most other people are not so invested in others appearance choices.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:21 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Personally I am offended by folks attempts to look alike.

We all know people who dress in unofficial uniforms.

Short cut hair, button down shirts, bland, bland, bland......!

Then we get a glorious peacock cutting through the rest with multiple piercings, face tattoos, a purple Mohawk - my eyes finally get something delightful to rest on amongst the dull grey of The Crowd!

I APPLAUD artists who express their work on their own bodies!

Not so much the youngsters who get tattoos because their besties are getting them too...

Old 07-01-2015, 01:22 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
Except that now EVERYBODY has tats, piercings, and wild dyed hair. Bland, bland, bland!

Old 07-01-2015, 01:54 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
If somebody is in my line of sight that looks about as scary as the guy in my example, and I'm forced to look at his unpleasantness, than yes, he is interfering with my right to a freak-free life. I really don't care if you agree or not.
Your right to a freak free life? Where is that in the Constitution? I missed that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
His EYEBALLS are died black. So, yes - his eyes are nothing but empty black orbs of darkness now. Because looking like a soulless demon from a video game is TOTALLY worth risking your vision and guaranteeing that you'll be considered nothing but a freak for the rest of your life.

I weep for humanity:

Eye Dyeing - 13 Most Extreme Body Modifications - Pictures - CBS News

Man hospitalised after tattooing his EYEBALL black - watch how the procedure is done - Mirror Online

Note that this seems most popular among prisoners and violent rap "stars," so it's good to know this idiot kid has the right role models.

I forgot the other funny part about this. The job he worked was in a machine shop. You know, one of those places where there's a far above normal chance of piercings and jewelry getting caught on something and ripped out... Yeah, brilliant.
If they want to do that to themselves, fine with me. But that, to me, is really, really stupid. First of all, if they thought it would scare anyone, I think they are wrong. I think most people would look at them and not think, "OMG! He's scary!" They would look at him and think, "Dude, why are you SO dumb!?" It is not worth the risk of losing your eyesight. Surely someone makes contacts that make you LOOK like your eyeballs are all black, and then you can take them out at night. Risking vision problems or outright blindness to scare people, "be different", "make a statement" (what IS the statement), "express" themselves is simply not worth it. That one article talked about how that rapper, (never heard of him so I guess his black eyeballs didn't do much for him), was worried about losing his eyesight after a complication. Did he ever consider that before doing this?

As I said earlier, I don't care what people do to themselves, but I do not understand why someone would risk their vision just to "make a point".

I have a real aversion to anything going anywhere near my eyes...especially some needle filled with ink. I don't even like eye drops.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:26 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Yeah, having a tattoo really isn't unique anymore. It's more unique to NOT have one.

I don't care either way. I just know I'll never get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty