Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 11:38 PM

54 posts, read 51,040 times

Advertisements

An observation made by a guy named "Cak":

Quote:
I agree, and it’s unfortunate that people do pass judgment so easily – but it’s always going to happen. I just wonder how many do this so easily, but don’t want to be judged by their appearance, their choice of clothes, religion/or non-belief, color of skin, or where they live. Some judgments, I guess, are more acceptable than others. I’ve just often wondered where the line is. It’s okay to judge someone on tattoos, not okay to judge on sexuality. It’s okay to judge on where someone lives, not okay to judge based on economic standing. It’s just craziness. I think I was surprised to see a such judgmental attitudes flow so easily and just a blanket statement, based on some ink someone has on their body, especially when generally, there is an attitude that people should be treated fairly and that we all know that you really can’t judge a book by it’s cover. Except for women with tattoos and where they are located.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:54 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times
https://thechive.files.wordpress.com...pg?w=500&h=344

Hmmm.... Guys get them too
Not sure if the link works, but while I did the Google images search "tramp stamp". Admit to getting a chuckle of the butt crack fill-in to look like a cave with the 7 Dwarfs as positioned. Wonder who is going to ID the "missing" Dwarf

Old 05-28-2015, 04:31 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
First Ive heard of this term Tramp Stamp... dont like tattoos at all especially on females but dont like this term either..

Old 05-28-2015, 01:25 PM

774 posts, read 745,245 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

I have a lower back tattoo. The birthday and rose ink that I sport is a tribute to my best friend who was killed in a car accident. I can assure you that the reason you deem the "only" reason has never been anyone's reason. [Snip.]

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-28-2015 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:27 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Yea good luck with that in the real human world.
Just be chill with having a tramp stamp and stop worrying what others think about you. You're gonna be judged, so just get over it.
I live in the real world, but even before I had my "tramp stamp" I never once assumed a girl was a tramp or low class simply because of the tattoo. That logic is bizarre to me. If I cared a lot about what others thought then there would be a ton of decisions I wouldn't make. I knew that people considered a lower back tattoo a tramp stamp when I got it and I still got it because I thought the logic beyond the name was stupid as h***. I got it anyway and have no regrets. In fact yesterday I made an appointment to get the tatoo touched up. I have no plans on removal. I'm used to being judged so with that being said you and everyone else in here can judge away-I doubt your silly judgements will influence the number of women with tramp stamps and it certainly won't stop women from getting them either.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:41 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I live in the real world, but even before I had my "tramp stamp" I never once assumed a girl was a tramp or low class simply because of the tattoo. That logic is bizarre to me. If I cared a lot about what others thought then there would be a ton of decisions I wouldn't make. I knew that people considered a lower back tattoo a tramp stamp when I got it and I still got it because I thought the logic beyond the name was stupid as h***. I got it anyway and have no regrets. In fact yesterday I made an appointment to get the tatoo touched up. I have no plans on removal. I'm used to being judged so with that being said you and everyone else in here can judge away-I doubt your silly judgements will influence the number of women with tramp stamps and it certainly won't stop women from getting them either.
Removals don't really work very well. You're stuck with it anyway.

And what's it got to do with "my" judgment? - I like loose chicks. Wearing a label just makes them easier to identify.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:32 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
This thread has been cleaned up and numerous off-topic and/or inappropriate posts and personal attacks have been deleted. The thread will remain closed. This topic has been discussed ad nauseam in prior threads and always ends badly.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-28-2015 at 07:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty