Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 07:03 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times

Advertisements

It will never happen. With high heels you end up sticking your spine up into the base of your skull.

There are many articles about this subject but this one has terrific visuals.

How High Heels Affect Your Body | Spine Health Institute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 07:31 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Barefoot is best. I am in my 60s now, and go barefoot as much as I can. Never wore heels due to doctor's orders (many foot and spine problems). Even a small heel hurt after a short time of walking around. My feet have improved SO MUCH since spending time barefoot. When I do wear shoes I always wear pretty (flat) open sandals. I wear cute strappy styles which compensate for not having much heel.

By the way, just check out the internet for ugly and malformed feet celebrities have from stuffing them into ill-fitting high heels......

Old 05-24-2015, 07:35 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Do dude views bunions, hammer toes, and spinal deformities as preferable to cute feet and healthy posture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
There's a cute 12 year old attraction to women that wear ballet flats, but when it comes to "women", how do men view women in ballet flats versus women in stilettos? Granola heads versus bulls eye?

Old 05-24-2015, 11:47 AM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
My high heels story (I wasn't the one wearing them): Back in the early 2000s, the Mrs. (in heels) and I went to a concert in House of Blues on Sunset - packed event, standing room only, awesome atmosphere. An opening band, then John Legend came on (effin' fantastic!) - but during his set, the Mrs. couldn't stand up in her heels much longer, and couldn't see a thing without them. So we left before the next band came on. We'd heard John Legend, after all, and how good could those "Black Eyed Peas" be, anyway?

Old 05-24-2015, 12:40 PM

129 posts, read 124,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Except neckties don't cause permanent physical damage that requires surgical repair.
I knew that; I was just speaking from a comfort standpoint. Wearing neckties in the summer is a major pain, well, in the neck!

Old 05-24-2015, 02:11 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
High heels keep your foot from getting stuck in the stirrup. People have been dragged to death getting stuck in the stirrup while falling off a horse. Always wear heels when you ride. Cowboys know. Of course, if you have a horse you don't do much walking, just from the hitching rail to the bar...

Old 05-24-2015, 03:04 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
High heels- the style that used to be called spike heels, little narrow things- I've heard they're awfully bad for your back. I can't imagine they'd be very good for a person's legs either.

Personally, I've never worn them- and would probably fall over and break my neck if I tried!
I usually wear either heels that are high but thick, or sneakers.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:26 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
I wonder why so many men prefer this looks with heels = damaged body. What is to admire in damaged body?

"hip and spine out of alignment" is sexy?
I don't. But for some bizarre reason short women insist on wearing heels so they can "be taller".

I can't stand heels. As a tall guy, I prefer shorter women anyway. I don't like those "Aphrodite" sandal things or flip-flops either; those are no good for arches. Flats...meh.

Give her some basic sneakers, simple boots or, for casual out-and-about, Vans or chucks or something simple. Comfortable, simple. And doesn't make you a giant when you're only 5'6.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:39 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
As to the queries about whether men prefer women in heels, or if wearing heels is equated with perception of youth? Who cares?

Some women can wear high heels for a number of years without difficulty. Some of us can't. Some of us do wear them for a few years and then abandon them. But they aren't good your your feet or spine, even if you wear them well for a long time. Almost no older women wear them because they can't, even if once they could.

I don't know what a male perspective on this would be, or why hearing it would be helpful. If your feet hurt, then the shoes probably are at fault, or at least they are making it worse. Listen to your body. You only have one pair of feet.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:51 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
My high heels story (I wasn't the one wearing them): Back in the early 2000s, the Mrs. (in heels) and I went to a concert in House of Blues on Sunset - packed event, standing room only, awesome atmosphere. An opening band, then John Legend came on (effin' fantastic!) - but during his set, the Mrs. couldn't stand up in her heels much longer, and couldn't see a thing without them. So we left before the next band came on. We'd heard John Legend, after all, and how good could those "Black Eyed Peas" be, anyway?
LOL. Half, no, most of the concerts I've been to, I have only seen what I could if I maneuver to a certain spot or stand on the tips of my toes to catch glimpses. Standing on concrete for hours in heels is much more annoying than not seeing that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
As to the queries about whether men prefer women in heels, or if wearing heels is equated with perception of youth? Who cares?

Some women can wear high heels for a number of years without difficulty. Some of us can't. Some of us do wear them for a few years and then abandon them. But they aren't good your your feet or spine, even if you wear them well for a long time. Almost no older women wear them because they can't, even if once they could.

I don't know what a male perspective on this would be, or why hearing it would be helpful. If your feet hurt, then the shoes probably are at fault, or at least they are making it worse. Listen to your body. You only have one pair of feet.
Yep. I've accepted my height, lol
I can wear them for specific events, but everyday, nope. Those days are over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty