Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2015, 07:22 PM

4,629 posts, read 3,392,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
No...blondes are not going extinct....and it's no excuse for your thinly veiled racism. You aren't fooling anyone. And I say this as a natural blonde with a blond husband and daughter. We have dark haired members of out family as well....we even like them.
Frankly my dear Scarlet, that was a wonderful post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 06:14 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
No...blondes are not going extinct....and it's no excuse for your thinly veiled racism. You aren't fooling anyone. And I say this as a natural blonde with a blond husband and daughter. We have dark haired members of our family as well....we even like them.

Chuck the feigned outrage.

Apparently you've missed it, but articles and features about changing demographics in the U.S. have been all the rage in esteemed publications and not-so-esteemed "news" shows. There are fewer blondes, Americans are shorter, and GMA even ran a piece about how [gasp!] blue eyes are much less common--and that was years ago.

Anyone who can't see that immigration trends have impacted those things is blind, indeed. Oh, and note: In your zeal to paint the OP as a racist (tsk tsk!) it is you who attributed a negative connotation to that change.

Old 09-06-2015, 12:24 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,369,399 times
Blondes will die out eventually as most blokes i know prefer brunettes as much or in some cases more ,blondes can look very washed out unless they have the right skin tone - brunettes seem to have better average 'natural looks' across the board although there are some very nice looking blonde women around too -but in Scandinavia they are the exception not the rule , - moreover anyway ,it depends on what the girl is like (personality) makes a bigger difference and then her looks rather than her apperance whatever colour/race etc .

Blokes with darker hair (generally and not in all cases) are also deemed more attractive then their male blonde counterparts so this would also diminish the pool somewhat . Tall dark and hansome, as the saying goes -

Old 09-06-2015, 12:34 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Grey View Post
Not difficult to figure out at all. Blonde hair/blue eyes are recessive traits. Your mom carried bh/be as recessive genes inherited from her dad, and obviously for your dad blonde hair is the dominant trait (i.e. he has a pair of genes for blond hair, and probably one blue eye gene/one green eye gene) These all came wonderfully together in YOU!

Ain't genetics grand???
Blonde is not recessive. Hair color is polygenic and does not follow simple Mendelian (aka 8th grade bio) genetics.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:51 PM

5 posts, read 9,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Grey View Post
Not difficult to figure out at all. Blonde hair/blue eyes are recessive traits. Your mom carried bh/be as recessive genes inherited from her dad, and obviously for your dad blonde hair is the dominant trait (i.e. he has a pair of genes for blond hair, and probably one blue eye gene/one green eye gene) These all came wonderfully together in YOU!

Ain't genetics grand???

yes...!

Old 11-26-2016, 11:07 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,424,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
Where have they all gone? Especially here in US, they are seemingly so hard to find. And they are soon going to decline more in numbers until we never see them again. What would it take for them to beef up in numbers?

I read online that only 2% of people in the world are natural blonde in adulthood. I don't know, everyone wants me to shut up if I ever bring it up. As if I don't have a right to my own opinion about genetics. I am also kind of sensitive to blonde jokes. This whole thing is just because it happens to be a hair color preference in a mate. I wish they would beef up in numbers, especially in places like the US. I don't want to have to move just to find a mate with a preferred natural hair color. That's just not practical.

I don't want them to ever go away anymore than they already have. I am especially talking about a more lightish blonde in adulthood. Please don't make the dumb blonde jokes, scream "pedophile" or "nazi" because I can't take it anymore. Why don't people just accept what I say is genetic fact at face value?

And if you think another section is better, move this post.
Oh well, depending where you live! In a predominantly White state as mine, blonde hair is too common to even pay attention to. It' s rather those who are very dark or black-haired, who grab my attention.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:09 PM

6 posts, read 3,356 times
Come to Scandinavia, you'll see plenty of them, both sexes
Although I don't know if the lack of blondes is a bad thing Personal preferences.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:14 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
I know, but it sure looks like some of them do exist, but why do they have to be so hard to find? This distresses me a bit.
Hard to find??! All of my brother's kids were blond, like their mother. Natural blonds are everywhere.
Is this a veiled excuse to bash women?

Old 12-02-2016, 05:52 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,060,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
Blokes with darker hair (generally and not in all cases) are also deemed more attractive then their male blonde counterparts so this would also diminish the pool somewhat . Tall dark and hansome, as the saying goes -
I don't get why so many women like that 'tall, dark and handsome' stereotype so much. I get the tall and handsome bit, but why do many prefer the dark haired man, over the fairer haired man?

Look at this :

Women Don't Like Blonde Men - Study About Dating Men With Blond Hair

I'm putting a stop to it! Yes, it's tall, fair and handsome for me! (Someone has got to like them).

Old 12-03-2016, 09:20 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
My husband is a natural blonde, who had nearly white hair as a kid. He also has blue eyes and very chiseled features - in other words, he's a Viking. LOL

Ironically, I rarely dated blonde guys prior to dating him. In fact, I think I only dated one other blonde guy - not counting the strawberry blonde guy I went to the senior prom with, who had white-blonde eyelashes on ONE eye (and regular brownish eye lashes on the other). I had a hard time getting past that, even though he was the captain of the football team. I just couldn't get into that super Nordic look.

However, I ended up marrying a man who would have probably totally satisfied Hitler's Lebensborn Program requirements. Ironically, we had our DNA analyzed and guess what - he is a potent mix of every sort of thing, including western African, Jewish, and southern European - while I, with my dark eyes and dark curly hair, am officially the whitest person I've ever met - 98 percent northern European and 2 percent general European. Not one single drop of anything exotic - not even Native American. So much for all the Indian princesses in my family lore!

Go figgur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty