U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 05:58 PM

4,828 posts, read 1,994,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
Where have they all gone? Especially here in US, they are seemingly so hard to find. And they are soon going to decline more in numbers until we never see them again. What would it take for them to beef up in numbers?

I read online that only 2% of people in the world are natural blonde in adulthood. I don't know, everyone wants me to shut up if I ever bring it up. As if I don't have a right to my own opinion about genetics. I am also kind of sensitive to blonde jokes. This whole thing is just because it happens to be a hair color preference in a mate. I wish they would beef up in numbers, especially in places like the US. I don't want to have to move just to find a mate with a preferred natural hair color. That's just not practical.

I don't want them to ever go away anymore than they already have. I am especially talking about a more lightish blonde in adulthood. Please don't make the dumb blonde jokes, scream "pedophile" or "nazi" because I can't take it anymore. Why don't people just accept what I say is genetic fact at face value?

And if you think another section is better, move this post.
Must be some in Minnesota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 06:49 PM

6,436 posts, read 9,966,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
That's because Carly isn't from Hollywood - she's from my town and there are LOTS of true blonds that live here.

Really? I've seen her in Hollywood since the Port Charles days when she was a little girl. I thought she was from California.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:51 PM

123 posts, read 75,292 times
My twin sister is a natural blonde with very bright blue eyes.

I'm like everybody else....dark brown hair, brown eyes, dark complected.

My Mom's grandma was were she got it from so the story goes.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:27 PM

4,534 posts, read 7,328,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I thought I'd pop in with an observation of an interesting phenomenon I've noticed about natural adult blondes--I work with a couple of them and while I'm not 100% positive they're not bottle blondes, I'm pretty sure. What I have noticed about all two of these people is that they have to have the climate in the room about 20 degrees cooler than everyone else and they freeze us all out. One of them is my boss and we went to a seminar last Halloween and shared a hotel room. I vowed to bring my very warmest PJ's if we ever do that again b/c she had the A/C going the entire time--in late October, in Missouri! We have meetings in her office and everyone knows to bring their warmest sweater and while we're freezing, she is sweating. LOL, she's not even menopausal yet so I hate to think what her life will be like when she is.

So, those of you on here who say you are natural adult blonde, do you suffer from this as well? I'm guessing it's the Scandinavian genes.
I LOL at this! it's true for me, and one of my coworkers who is also Scandinavian/Irish/English. I also don't start to wear socks in the winter until it's roughly <45-50 - until then I wear sandals or open toed shoes.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:11 PM

373 posts, read 331,153 times
I knew a polish girl. Real blonde. Not sure about what percentage of our population.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:19 PM

12,255 posts, read 18,019,422 times
All my freinds are all blondes. They are Swedish but I also have at least one American friend who is blond too,

Old 05-29-2015, 09:39 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,999,418 times
I was born and a beach type blonde until about college when it started turning light brown.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:46 PM

9,012 posts, read 8,323,203 times
When I was little my hair was platinum blonde, then turned to red around 12 yrs old......

My twin mini-mes are natural blondes......
And my sons are red heads

Old 05-29-2015, 10:50 PM

8,623 posts, read 6,259,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
Where have they all gone? Especially here in US, they are seemingly so hard to find. And they are soon going to decline more in numbers until we never see them again. What would it take for them to beef up in numbers?

I read online that only 2% of people in the world are natural blonde in adulthood. I don't know, everyone wants me to shut up if I ever bring it up. As if I don't have a right to my own opinion about genetics. I am also kind of sensitive to blonde jokes. This whole thing is just because it happens to be a hair color preference in a mate. I wish they would beef up in numbers, especially in places like the US. I don't want to have to move just to find a mate with a preferred natural hair color. That's just not practical.

I don't want them to ever go away anymore than they already have. I am especially talking about a more lightish blonde in adulthood. Please don't make the dumb blonde jokes, scream "pedophile" or "nazi" because I can't take it anymore. Why don't people just accept what I say is genetic fact at face value?

And if you think another section is better, move this post.

Here in the USA pure 'carpet matches the drapes' blond is rare when compared to parts of Europe. You can find entire villages of blonds in Iceland or Greenland. You can find many in Scandinavia as well in western Europe or Russia.. Those people also tend to be healthier and in better physical shape than us here in the States.

For the record...You can find blond Spaniards as well as blond Mexicans who descended from Spaniards.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:27 AM

40,253 posts, read 15,201,298 times
I work with a guy who is in his late 30s and who has the most beautiful platinum blonde hair. He said all of his family members are blonde. Their heritage is Scandinavian.

A friend whom I've known for 35+ years has naturally white-blond hair, though she's not albino. No one else in her family is blonde, so she doesn't know how she ended up that way. Her two daughters have dark brown hair.

As I said earlier, I've been naturally blonde all my life. The hair of all of my blonde grade-school friends started turning darker in high school, and all had brown hair by their early 20s. My brother was a towhead along with me when we were little, but his hair turned to a light brown during his teen years. My dad said he was a towhead when he was a child, and I know his sister was as well. They were from Poland. My mom and her brother and parents all had medium- to dark-brown hair.

This picture of me when I was little includes a lock of hair that my mom put in the frame. My hair only got a little darker than that over the years.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or